Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Thefunkygibbons
    • By Thefunkygibbons 13th Jan 06, 12:00 PM
    • 1,362Posts
    • 758Thanks
    Thefunkygibbons
    Cheap deordorant that works
    • 13th Jan 06, 12:00 PM
    Cheap deordorant that works 13th Jan 06 at 12:00 PM
    I bought a deordorant stone in Alliance (nee Moss) Pharmacy wondering whether it would work

Imported by Grafton Limited (It is in a blue container)

Claims to last upto a year

Well, 3 months later and I would say
    1. It works, and I am a big lad
    2. It probably will last a year

At £2, it is a bargain compared to normal ones
Page 4
  • purplealoe
    I use Aloe Evershield which costs £5.96 lasts me over 6 months, no white stains. Its a deodorant.

I have seen the stones advertised on Ebay but never bought one as wasn't aware that they actually worked. I will have to give them a try.
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 8th Feb 07, 4:38 PM
    • 8,642 Posts
    • 15,530 Thanks
    calleyw
    There is a coupon for £1 off one of these (Bionsen) in the current Boots health and beauty mag. So its £2.99 instead of £3.99.
    Bought one last week but haven't tried it yet.
    by saving-grace

I have it and it works ok and best of all it can be refilled up to 5 times and you have a little panel to remove each time you do a re-fill.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 9th Oct 17, 12:25 PM
    • 666 Posts
    • 140 Thanks
    strawberries1
    Another vote for Pitrock. I saw it mentioned on here years ago. I ordered it off Amazon but didn't use it for several years. However, I've started to get more interested in health, found it in my stash and been using it for about 4months now. I don't know why I waited this long. I simply don't wipe my armpits after a shower and use it immediately. It suffered a crack & chip when it fell a few weeks ago and even then it will most certainly las over a year.
    • Living proof
    • By Living proof 9th Oct 17, 12:51 PM
    • 1,231 Posts
    • 8,054 Thanks
    Living proof
    I have been using Salt of the Earth from Holland and Barretts for many years - and the same one for about the last 7. It is almost down to the bottom now and as I bought it on a two for one offer, I still have another completely unused one.

Until last week I would have said it has always worked perfectly but when I was away I noticed an unpleasant underarm aroma as I took off a jumper, and I think it was a combination of a very hot room and previous meals containing a lot of garlic. So if you know you are going to be having highly spiced and garlicky food or doing heavy manual stuff, maybe use a conventional roll on for the day.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    Mortgage and Debt Free. Unfortunately Pension Free too!
    • Austin Allegro
    • By Austin Allegro 11th Oct 17, 10:40 AM
    • 1,445 Posts
    • 4,072 Thanks
    Austin Allegro
    I used one of those crystal deodorants for a couple of years and it seemed to work ok but then seemed to stop working - I noticed I was getting noticeable BO, however much I rubbed on the crystal. I found the same thing when I switched to using lemon juice as a deodorant - it worked ok for about six months but then seemed to stop working, as if the body's bacteria became immune to it somehow. So now I use (sparingly) Nivea Invisible for Black and White which is usually on special offer for £1 in Superdrug, and lasts about 4-6 months.

Some tips for crystal deodorants:

- Make sure you thoroughly scrub your armpits with soap and hot water and a flannel each morning, as the bacteria build up causes BO if you don't wash sufficiently.

- If you break a crystal deodorant don't worry. Large pieces can still be used as long as they are not so sharp that they will cut you. I used to keep a broken piece in my travel washbag instead of a full crystal, to keep weight down on holiday.
    Last edited by Austin Allegro; 11-10-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    'Never keep up with Joneses. Drag them down to your level. It's cheaper.' Quentin Crisp
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,461Posts Today

8,847Users online

Martin's Twitter