Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thriftlady
    • By thriftlady 28th Oct 09, 9:14 AM
    • 9,089Posts
    • 28,909Thanks
    thriftlady
    5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2
    • 28th Oct 09, 9:14 AM
    5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2 28th Oct 09 at 9:14 AM
    Time for a shiny new thread The old one had got to 4500 odd posts which amounts to 22,500 OS pleasures (at least) It's so good to know that the OS life can be so rewarding.

I'll kick off the new thread.

1) Homemade bread and marmalade for breakfast.

2) A walk over the Malvern Hills to blow away the cobwebs.

3) Drying the washing outside- still, in October.

4) Watching mydaughter making a game out of sweeping the leaves with her friends.

5) The prospect of collecting a big order of meat from the butcher this morning and having my freezer full for less.
Page 1902
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 7th Jul 17, 8:36 AM
    • 1,522 Posts
    • 17,902 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Some pleasures for last couple of days,

Afternoon stroll with little dog up on the gallops, she had a game of 'catch me if you can' with a large crow who kept landing just far enough away.

Meal out with DB, sat outside until sun went down, interesting chat with landlord about his time in the USA.

Went to cathedral city to visit Sainsbobs as had voucher there is a ginger cat who sits just inside the shop foyer, seen him several times now, perhaps he likes the bakery smells that are pumped out to tempt the shoppers!

Lots of thunder rolling round yesterday afternoon but very little rain so needed to water, quite like a good storm.

Sat on back doorstep late last night and watched the bats making their circuits around the house.
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 7th Jul 17, 10:30 AM
    • 8,223 Posts
    • 31,180 Thanks
    ampersand
    Quickly from &, frith, as I see your little green lighty on:-)
    Have you checked your pms lately?
    Something needs sorting.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• juliettet
    • By juliettet 7th Jul 17, 10:39 AM
    • 566 Posts
    • 3,141 Thanks
    juliettet
    Let us know how the chalk paint works Mrs LW. I love the soft colours. I visited Sweden many times as a teenager and loved the simple decor in the houses.
    5 for yesterday.
    1. Month end stuff all balanced thanks to help from nice IT guy. He only swore once.
    2. I made crustless quiche for the first time and it was good. Leftovers in lunchbox.
    3. Garden looking green and lush thanks to a lot of rain.
    4. Kitten sitting next week. I prefer older cats but this one is very cute.
    5. A very good friend has had a check up and is still clear. Best news of all.
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 7th Jul 17, 11:24 AM
    • 8,223 Posts
    • 31,180 Thanks
    ampersand
    1. Crazy Spits day yesterday, with BIG, unannounced redev.works going ahead on a market day! No proper consultation with M, who runs it and looks after us all, above and beyond. It is now to be that we are much reduced, framing a vast, central Obesity Foundry. Watch the kingsize rats increased and emboldened! Smell the competings of charring/burning/food ancient stench! Trip over the large see-through binliner of indeterminate chops, as seen by & yesterday, before 4bells, lying since who knows when? on tarmac, outside an eatery troll-hole.

Watch our sales and footfall decrease...which many say is the idea. Sitting on a £50 BILLION development site eh?..... 'See them off' say they? BUT, the recent US consortium tried, failed. Will it be too late, take too long to outlast the new lot? Trebecca.

The constant comment from all visitors, new and regular, is that Spits is the oldest and the last PROPER antiques/vintage/collectables market. M. saved Bermondsey, taking it over several years back, has lost Winbledon to housing.

Well, Trebecca racked up their coliseum enclosure with big boundary wire panels, then black plastic walled it for No See In. Ridiculous. & was busy all day with lovely peeps - many studio pottery, knowledgeable with it, real sharing joy time for & - but noted the miasma of dust rise to the roof, sit, then blow across to one side of the frame and onto stallholders down below. Drilling stopped. They can't get through. Shades of Roman concrete, Frith:-) Stopgap jubilation for the moment. Hmm, if & tendered for like works, &'d be sure to suss out ground conditions using laser, geosys as most basic of starters.

And then, amazing 1/2-rent gesture from M, comletely unnecessary [not his mess] but hugely appreciated. & is absent now for 1, mebbe 2, weeks. What Ho! return? Interesting, possibly. Rather nice banking to do soon.

That was a bop-size'n'shape ranty:-)

2. Sorting for Spits on Wed, with baby muntjac and green woodpecker for company. &'s eyes were salt-stinging from big heat rivulets.

3. & has her lovely blankie :-)))))) presented with due ceremony earlier, during slow-mo outdoor brekkie. It is LOVELY. Pics duly taken.

4. Enzed friends' van - WOW!!! Bed not only made, but made up, with all of J's fabulous handiwork on show. Their crochet blankie, cushions+pillows+cases for both all made / embellished / embroidered, all a stunning whole view. LED lights due today. Various nearby parties all taking a healthy and proprietary daily complimenting interest - all so good.

5. Compline.
    #
    Lainey -
    wonder if we'll hazard a guess at each other up on the gallops one day? :-)
    #
    Enjoy sweet days. Deal with needless carp - make every day Bin Day when it comes.
    Last edited by ampersand; 07-07-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 7th Jul 17, 12:22 PM
    • 4,536 Posts
    • 27,307 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    She can't see us!
    Proper coffee at mill. DD Skyping. Technology! Good. Wells so good that BoPsie has been banned by the parish guv’nr upon high. Yous knows what that means. Say what you like she no see!

5 Shhhhhhhh. No, lets get off withs a bang. Last night was out at wobbleade emporium seeing stoker off the premises! Tikka of chicken was taken and a wobbleale consumed, not that cheap instant coffee disguised as some exotic aromatic drink! Minds me, and heres one for Julie, ex og Meggie Shire. Lawson and Stockdales in Victoria Street. Now that was proper coffee and not that costa fortune stuff! Tum was rubbed!

4 I forgots to say yesterday about my mega beast breakfast. Five egg omelette! With button mushrooms, toms, peppers, ham and onion. Well fuelled for the day as I had no room for jam on hot buttered toast! This morning I had golden flkes with iced milk and Raspberry Jam on buttered toast! Theres you snows that now! Shhhh BoPsie cannot view this topic!

3 Cricket yesterday d and you have to say Cook, he is yesterday’s man. TYonight wobbleades are sourced for the T20. Bring it on! Thinks that some snack will be wolfed down as well

2 And yous all news last SatDay that BoP, without curse of profanity, fitted the crapper downstairs. Well bug day this weekend, after BoP’s Wheels of Steel ate Mot’d, we fit the shelves then the carpet! Impressive !
    Go on say what you like, you’re safe from eyes of peeping BoPsie!
    Watching the trail
    of cheap supermarket bags filled with a lfe gone by
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 7th Jul 17, 12:38 PM
    • 10,909 Posts
    • 151,221 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) Just been for a lovely walk with Maisie doggie who is here with us for the day, down to the river in the sunshine, doesn't come any better than !

2) Bees on the lavender bushes, being busy, doing what bees do with gusto!

3) The scent of the buddleia bushes in the warmth of the sun, evocative of summer and quite beautiful.

4) Currently there is the most gorgeous vintage white Rolls Royce decked out with white ribbons parked directly outside our house, it must be waiting for a morning wedding in the church just up the road to finish, she's a lady alright.

5) He Who Knows has got the most perfect day for fishing again today, I think they've only gone for the morning but it's perfect weather out there for sitting and watching and waiting beside a lake.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Frith
    • By Frith 7th Jul 17, 9:58 PM
    • 4,187 Posts
    • 39,089 Thanks
    Frith
    Pleasures for today (Friday - hoorah!)

1) Not a bad sleep. Bigger son got home at 7am.

2) Smaller son had a good day at school.

3) Hens OK.

4) Made courgette and chard omelettes for lunch again.

5) Popped to Ludlow with bigger son and got Seasalt tunic for me and Superdry hoodie and Fatface shorts for him (lovely charity shops!) Saw my ex brother in law who looked much better (sons' cousin died earlier this year).

6) Brother and mum had tickets for court 2 at Wimbledon but managed to get on centre court later in the day and have been watching Andy Murray!

7) Just got back from football practice with smaller son. My former colleague was there so had a chat with her. Bigger son is at work.

8) Sitting in bed to watch Last Leg though have to leave at 10.45 to pick bigger son up.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 7th Jul 17, 10:21 PM
    • 4,751 Posts
    • 43,127 Thanks
    Kittikins
    1. Sunshine!

2. Had a brilliant week at school, lots of art and parents coming in to show new techniques etc. Finished off with an amazing jazz concert for whole school and parents

3. Looking forward to a lovely moving up morning with my new class on Monday. Have decided to go against tradition and do some "work" with them and also do the craft/challenge stuff as well. After all, I will know most of them reasonably well, so don't need to do too much of the getting to know you malarkey.

4. Enjoyed Pimms and beer after DD's speech night last night. Boy was it hot in the school!!!

5. DD's now finished for the summer and hmm, already I'm getting bored of hearing her gloat.

6. Used my N*ctar card twice today - firstly to get £2.50 off my shopping, which consisted mainly of YS items and secondly, to get a better rate on buying Euro for DD's trip next week.

7. YS milk, fruit juice, ginger beer, bread and everything else was on "offer" on my little shopping expedition.

8. Also snuck in a knitting magazine as it came with some gorgeous wool and a lovely pattern, so am hoping to muster up the patience to knit!

9. Managed to sleep reasonably well last night but it feels hotter again tonight and I feel feverish again, so not sure if I'll get a repeat....

10. A fab ground floor flat has come up for sale and it looks like it's probably affordable!! It's in the town we nearly bought a flat in a few years ago, and is probably about the same size, but this time we'd only own 50% of it....I've registered with the housing association and somewhere else the website told me I'd have to do, and am hoping that I'll be able to view it soon.
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 7th Jul 17, 11:06 PM
    • 3,054 Posts
    • 34,480 Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    Another interested in how the chalk paint goes lw I have some sturdy stag, very dark, and had also been toying with chalk paint
    1) walked down to city campus. Knee seems to be benefitting from a fast 30 min walk each day (still doing physio exercises too)
    2) yummy coffee at first meeting
    3) mr piano made me risotto for lunch. yummy
    4) then gbf collected me from work and we went to botanics event celebrating 100 years of darcy Thompson's on growth and form. 4 fab talks from a mathematician, historian, botanist and art historian, followed by chats and wine and nibbles
    5) after walking the dogs we went round to mum's where dd2 was watching Murray. Nail biting!
    • milasavesmoney
    • By milasavesmoney 8th Jul 17, 1:56 AM
    • 1,608 Posts
    • 14,358 Thanks
    milasavesmoney
    Kitkins, I don't understand how the for sale flat but only owning 50% works. Is it a duplex?
    Who said it was easy. [Coldplay]
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 8th Jul 17, 7:19 AM
    • 4,751 Posts
    • 43,127 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Hi Mila, it's a scheme called Shared Ownership, where a Housing Association owns the property and sells a share (between 25% and 75%, I believe). They own the rest of it and charge the buyer a monthly rent and service charge. As a buyer, I'd have to get a mortgage on my portion.

It was a scheme thought up by the Government to increase their social housing stock and also, of course, to make money out of it!!

I live in one of the most expensive areas of the country and property is horrifically expensive. As a teacher, my salary is fixed nationally (only teachers in or near London earn more) and so I am paid the same as I would be if I lived in a cheaper part of the UK, where I'd be able to buy a house outright for me and my lovely daughter

Until I can find somewhere like hopefully this flat, that I might be able to afford, I just have to slum it in my parents' beautiful and rather large house I'd just like to regain my adulthood and independence at times....
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 8th Jul 17, 10:47 AM
    • 2,741 Posts
    • 31,891 Thanks
    mhagster
    Bought a new charging cable for my iPad today so I'm now able to post again!

Had a few tough days recently ( was a year since we were told it was terminal.) but there are pleasures around and I make an effort to actively seek them.

Work has been worky but another week done .

My dog boy. Snuggles, walks, cheeky antics. The joy at finding a big stick this afternoon, he was so pleased with himself and carried it round the park. He got a new name tag today ( sigh...again! ) and the chap had never inscribed Haggis on a dog tag before!

Took a pile of puzzle books to cancer hospital this afternoon . It's not easy and I get quite upset but it's such a small thing to do and will hopefully make someone's wait for appointment a bit easier. There and back in half an hour! Had to make a dash for return train but just reached platform at same time as train pulled in. Free return if done in less than 2 hours.

More lemons. Camellias blooming. Roses ( usually flowering in November) blooming. A pair of collared doves setting up home in the back garden tree ( no sign of tawny frogmouths for a few weeks) ...No sign of blackbirds since the hedge and trees from next door were removed weeks ago.

Made the tastiest of lentil soup for tea tonight.

Lovely chat with friend the other day. She works in a school so is now on holiday and could chat my evening / her morning....my working hours certainly affect my chit chat time!

Bought some stunning large headed pink and red roses in supermarket the other day $5 a bunch. Was meeting my friend for weekly catch up and had bought her a bunch of mixed flowers , why? She asked....because they were $3.20! Had a nice catch up with her. Got steak RTC which has been in slow cooker today and will be dinner tomorrow. I always seem to get better RTC at this supermarket branch , not sure if its the time I'm going in ( late morning) or if I'm just lucky!

Went into salvos for a mooch the other day . Came out with a new to me bed linen set ( had a google at brand and usually sells for $150 ...whaaat?)
    And 8 Santa stockings! Which will be ideal for our morning tea in 2 weeks time! They were 4 stockings for $1.20 so I bought another set! Will put raffle prizes in them.

Big shiny moon. Bright shiny stars. Bright wintery days. Washings out and mainly dry.

Have a good weekend. Off on my travels early Monday. Flying over to Tasmania for a few days.
    • milasavesmoney
    • By milasavesmoney 8th Jul 17, 8:00 PM
    • 1,608 Posts
    • 14,358 Thanks
    milasavesmoney
    KK best wishes that it's something you would like to buy after viewing the flat! We have nothing to compare that program to here in the States. It's a great solution for people providing such important work as teaching etc. in high cost areas. My grown children would not find living with me optimal either. I'm too mothering. I'd drive them crazy.

* A beautiful day with nothing pressing to do. Aaahhhh! It's a good thing!

* Using up leftovers (shrimp, corn etc) to make soup. I thing I'll give it an Asian twist with ramen and seasonings, more veggies esp mushrooms.

* Keeping DD1's two beautiful boy dogs, Ellington (as in Duke of) and Jackson. Ellington is a Bernese Mountion dog and old feller Jackson is a pit bull. They mostly lie around and take up a lot of floor space. DH has play/exercise time early in the cool of the desert morning with these boys. Then they plop in front of fans and hang out the rest of the day. They are well trained, sweet and affectionate guys. We have them while Olivia, SIL and Quoye are in NYork for his dad's wedding.

* DD3 flys out of NYCity to Thailand for three weeks today. I have her itinerary and contact numbers. I don't have a current passport. Mine lapsed and I fooled around and didn't send it in thus I'm kicking myself! DH has his current but he would be useless. (I'm not being mean as he would tell you the same thing) I'd have to send one of the other kids if an emergency arose. The good thing is one of the girls DD1 went to medical school with married a guy from Thailand and practices there. And Ariel has made good contacts with other Americans there so there are people to reach out to if need be.
    Anyway, she has traveled a fair bit and has planned the trip well. She has e-mailed her plans to our embassy there too. I'm very excited for her. Three weeks!

* Lots and lots of beautiful red tomatoes plus hot jalapeños coming off.
    Who said it was easy. [Coldplay]
    • Frith
    • By Frith 8th Jul 17, 10:33 PM
    • 4,187 Posts
    • 39,089 Thanks
    Frith
    A day of ups and downs! Here are my pleasures (and other bits) from Saturday.

1) A lie in.

2) Porridge for breakfast.

3) Went to see the hens with left over pasta from last night. Raspberries have finished now but were very good for weeks.

4) CurrysPCWorld sent a 2nd replacement laptop cable. AGAIN, they sent two parts which don't fit together! Allegedly they are sorting it out...

5) I sent a Christmas card. There is an appeal out for a boy called Alexis who has muscular dystrophy. He has 2 Christmases a year as he has a life limiting illness and his family would like to fit in more Christmases. If anyone wants to search online, his appeal is easy to find. Anyway, I had to paint a Christmas card as I hadn't saved any and I posted it off today.

6) Bigger son went to work and came back with cherry juice all up his shirt (he was stoning them) but a long soak and 2 runs through the washing machine and the T shirt is at least wearable again (a white one, of course).

7) I was a bit early picking him up so went for a look round the village church - fascinating. It had an RC family chapel on the back (only 16thC where most of the church is C14th) but the roof had collapsed in the 1970s so it is a ruin now. Had a look round the churchyard and several graves had identical yellow and white flowers. Had a look at they were all relations of my sons (my ex husband). He has a massive family locally, former Welsh coal miners and each of the original brothers had at least 5 children, 99% sons, so easy to track the surname.

8) Smaller son was out most of the day. He hired a football pitch with his friends then walked to McDonalds then into town to play on the splash pad.

9) Had an argument with bigger son who asked me to buy him a bottle of vodka to take with him (!) I was made to feel like the worst mother on earth for refusing but had a phone call with my sister who thought saying no was the way forward. He had cycled off cursing me and telling me he would not come on our planned day to the sea tomorrow. Then I got a phone call of apology, a couple of hours later!

10) My brother phoned from London this morning (post Wimbledon) to say he had finished in the Science Museum and where should I go next - not too far for mum to walk! Well, I looked on the map on my phone (as I don't really know London) and plumped for the Oratory as it looked close. I have never been there but they seemed to like it.

The reason he got on to centre court yesterday was someone left early and offered him the tickets - for free! He said someone questioned him as he went on to centre court (the tickets were for a box!!!!) and for the first half an hour he expected a guard to come and haul them away. He got to watch the Nadal match and then Andy Murray.

11) Popped to Sainsburys after picking up smaller son and we both hoovered the car out there.

12) Watched Casualty.
    Last edited by Frith; 08-07-2017 at 10:38 PM.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 9th Jul 17, 6:10 AM
    • 4,731 Posts
    • 68,158 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Greetings from Botswana

Mrs LW I have chalk painted and waxed loads of our v. Shabby furniture. Really gives it new life.

Quick pleasures

Scenery
    Wildlife
    Food
    Lovely lovely people
    Weather
    Victoria falls
    My boy - who is coping with being solely with his parents, and with little or no internet, very well

Off back into the bush today. Home next week.

Take care all
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 9th Jul 17, 6:37 AM
    • 4,751 Posts
    • 43,127 Thanks
    Kittikins
    1. Went to see a beautiful ballet yesterday with my beloved DD

2. Sat outside in a lovely courtyard to eat pizza and scrumptious gelato at my new favourite restaurant, I had blueberry and passionfruit cheesecake flavours stuff the diet!!

3. Singing along to silly songs with DD at the top of our heads on the way.

4. On the way back, DD set G**gle maps to bicycle rather than car and we had an 'interesting' couple of miles I queried why the journey was going to take over an hour and a half, and got the huffy reply "Well it looks like a car to me!!". I took the phone, saw there was a bike icon, burst out laughing and reminded her of the time she mistook horses for cows.....

5. Went to the library and took out some amazing books, one of which I had to stay up til stupid o'clock* to finish.

*I say I had to stay up, in reality some selfish beggars either this or the other side of the river, were having a massive party with music blaring, that probably kept half the village awake, til 1:25am precisely
    • house elf
    • By house elf 9th Jul 17, 7:01 AM
    • 566 Posts
    • 7,398 Thanks
    house elf
    Hi Mila, we have a Bernease Mountain dog called Rosie. A normal sunny day in the U.K. Is too much for her, so how Ellington is coping in dessert temperatures, I can't imagine!

Friday
    1. Beautiful day. Watching DS2 in his competition, was too hot! No shade, and I got a bit burn't in the bits the sun cream missed!
    2. DS2 team did really well. They all enjoyed it and didn't come last!
    3. Lovely to have DS2 back home. Very proud of him.
    4. Snoozing in the car. Not had a lot of sleep this week. Fretting about work. So caught up a bit while DH drove.
    5. Day off work!

Saturday
    1. A few errands in town, then Frappe Creme at Caffe Nero, free with loyalty cards.
    2. HM minestrone soup from Jamie Olivers 15 minute meals, which always take me 45 minutes
    3. BBQ which made some space in the freezer and DH did the cooking. Pico de Gaio was popular. I am on a 1 woman mission to introduce it to all my friends!
    4. Sitting outside to eat with friends.
    5. Clearing up, then sitting outside in the dark with a fire in the fire pit and a nice cup of tea.

Hoping to beat back more of the garden today. Will report back later!
    Synchro Mums - 'Changing the world one sequin at a time' Lady GaGa
    'We have more in common than that which divides us.' Jo Cox
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 9th Jul 17, 7:42 AM
    • 2,741 Posts
    • 31,891 Thanks
    mhagster
    A few pleasures for Sunday.

DD1 bought choccy digestives for $1 ...usually about $5

Washing dried on line, was a good breeze.

DD2 allowing me to hug her, she's not a huggy person but is a little heartbroken as her pig of a boyfriend dumped her...though to be honest was before she dumped him! She misses her dad so badly, has huge exams coming up and just everything is happening now!

I snoozed after all this!

Should be ironing, should be packing, should be tidying!

There's jonquils in the front garden.

No steak pie for our tea....that would be the dogs breakfast. Had just poured meat out of slow cooker into pie dish and left room for a few minutes and came back and about 3/4 was gone. He was delighted with himself but was sent to bed to think about what he'd done!
    However he will get the rest over the next few nights as too much to chuck and to much had been slobbered over to keep! Bad dog!

Not sure what Internet will be like so shall post when I can
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 9th Jul 17, 11:08 AM
    • 10,909 Posts
    • 151,221 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    Morning playmates! another hot and sunny day here in Hampshire and we've been to the boot fair and come home again as the temperature was over 30 degrees by 9.30 am and getting warmer by the minute!

1) Very successful boot fair with many bargains found.

2) I don't have to cook today in the heat meals are already cooked and ready to go, crustless quiche and salad for lunch and chickpea curry with rice for this evening.

3) I've got no jobs to do today, even got the ironing done yesterday as it came in off the drying line so a nice easy, lazy day which will be lovely.

4) Had a little sort through some things that DD2 had put out for our next boot fair foray from what she still had here for sentimental reasons and found the bridesmaids dress she wore when she was 6! it's much too good to go to a boot fair and luckily DD1 has a colleague with a 5 year old daughter who is tall for her age so it will be offered to her, even for dressing up it's pretty!

5) I've cleared more of the surplus into boxes and can see the store room floor again, the 'keep it for an emergency' and 'it's too good to throw away' piles are diminishing and I've the beginnings of clear shelves in there, thank goodness!!!
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 9th Jul 17, 5:57 PM
    • 4,536 Posts
    • 27,307 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    So you thought not!
    5 In via side door at MSE. Seems normal browser is carp. But you cans not keep BoP out. Shhh though, BoPsie not inn!

4 Just had poached haddock, North Atlantic, served with minted tested, peas, and hot homemade parsley sauce. Parsley sauce was tad hot. Tum was rubbed!

3 Just watched cricket. Good show!

2 Night BoP is out and about. More later.

Beaten by a good head!
    Watching the trail
    of cheap supermarket bags filled with a lfe gone by
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,394Posts Today

7,654Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin