Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thriftlady
    • By thriftlady 28th Oct 09, 9:14 AM
    • 9,089Posts
    • 28,909Thanks
    thriftlady
    5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2
    • 28th Oct 09, 9:14 AM
    5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2 28th Oct 09 at 9:14 AM
    Time for a shiny new thread The old one had got to 4500 odd posts which amounts to 22,500 OS pleasures (at least) It's so good to know that the OS life can be so rewarding.

I'll kick off the new thread.

1) Homemade bread and marmalade for breakfast.

2) A walk over the Malvern Hills to blow away the cobwebs.

3) Drying the washing outside- still, in October.

4) Watching mydaughter making a game out of sweeping the leaves with her friends.

5) The prospect of collecting a big order of meat from the butcher this morning and having my freezer full for less.
Page 1893
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 17th Jun 17, 12:13 PM
    • 1,446 Posts
    • 16,945 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Ooh a new puppy SYA picture please when able

Some pleasures for the week, hard to think at times as our country goes through yet more heartbreak but important to do.

Spiderwebs floating past our windows and getting caught on telegraph wires, must have been a hatching of some sort and they were ballooning out of there.

We have a large patch of clover in our grass outside of dining room window and the mama sparrows deposit their young there at feeding times, off the scale in cuteness.

Catch up with friends over midweek meal, good pub grub and not a slate board in sight.

Got £140 off car insurance after shopping around

After a rough early morning with migraine pain and sickness the pleasure of sitting outside with a cup of tea.

Catching up with my sleep with a snooze on the swing seat, watching the clouds float by and listening to breeze rustling the beech trees, perfect peace.
    • chella
    • By chella 17th Jun 17, 12:51 PM
    • 266 Posts
    • 1,259 Thanks
    chella
    I love gardening, but haven't seemed to have much luck!! My granddad used to make it look so easy, cucumbers, tomatoes, peas, beans, onions, you name it, he grew it effortlessly.... I have one big fat green tomato on my tomato plant that I am guarding with my life! I also found 3 peas that have sprouted. Rather proud.

Breakfast out this morning, coffee and full English for two, outside people watching, with Tesco voucher the total was £4 .

Got a pretty dress for 2.50 in charity shop on way home, nice and cool in this weather.

Washing is on line and the sky is clear.

My garden, flower wise is really blooming. Lots of roses, lavender and mint. Smells really nice.

Have no work for two days, can now laze on the swing bed.

Cat is upstairs, nice and cool in the back bedroom for her.

NOT BUYING IT!!! 2015

• villagelife
    • By villagelife 17th Jun 17, 1:17 PM
    • 1,051 Posts
    • 11,850 Thanks
    villagelife
    For yesterday

1. Went to Wisley garden for the day with a friend. She drove which was great. Spent lovely day walking around and chatting and getting ideas for our gardens.

2. Lovely lunch and not too expensive.

3. Inspired to garden at home and cleared another area and found an iron fire surround buried in the garden. At least now one less thing that has to be removed.

4. Yes was quiche and salad so was quick to prepare and had made quiche before I left.

5. DS2 tidied his room without any promoting from me.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 17th Jun 17, 10:24 PM
    • 4,131 Posts
    • 38,629 Thanks
    Frith
    Pleasures for today (Saturday) - a busy day!

1) Bigger son cycled back from his end of school party - arriving at 3.30a.m. I know this because I had foolishly forgotten to take the key out of the door so he had to phone me up so I could let him in... He seems to be in better spirits now (not surprisingly!)

2) Not a bad sleep, pre and post 3.30am. Toast and honey for breakfast.

3) Jobs done!! - 3 loads of washing, all dried on the line (it is only a short line, due to having a small garden, so the various garments had to take it in turns and were also draped over shrubs.

All washing up done. One bunk bed changed (other done yesterday). Bins emptied. All son's school exercise books dropped off at brother's to go on the bonfire. Wardrobe cleared out and stuff sorted for clothes recycling and also (along with revision guides) for the charity shop. Hoovering done.

Popped down to the allotment where it was ridiculously hot. Hens OK and I picked a bowl of raspberries. I'll have another go tomorrow because I could have picked 3-4 bowls but I was driven away by the heat.

4) Popped down to see my brother for half an hour. We were watching the news about the Grenfell Tower and both wiping our eyes after hearing all the sad stories from it then our aunty phoned from the US as she had just got back there from holiday (she's lived there since the 60s) and couldn't believe it. Good to speak to her but such a delay on the phone line today.

5) Temperature dropped to 29 degrees (!) so I did a couple of hours of geocaching from about 5pm onwards.

6) Watched Casualty.

7) Will go to bed in a minute and catch up with more television on iplayer. Sons are at their father's (well, bigger son is at a 2nd end of school party!)
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • milasavesmoney
    • By milasavesmoney 18th Jun 17, 1:51 AM
    • 1,581 Posts
    • 14,060 Thanks
    milasavesmoney
    * Floor prep almost completed for new wood floor.

* Leftovers plus salad for OH. He hates leftovers and I hate to cook every night...so there you go.
    I was going to make dinner but that's postponed until tomorrow. He snarled a little which tickled me to no end. What's the masculine name for diva? Let me know so I can have it in my verbal repertoire for use if needed.

* Temperature expected to be 10 degrees cooler tomorrow. My tomato plants thank the weatherman and we all hope this is accurate.

* Quoye wants a sister or brother. No news on that front though. Come on nature! Take your course!!

* Big drinks! 32 oz is normal for a soda here in the SW. We have to stay hydrated. I don't drink Cokes etc but many do when stopping to get gas or fast food. I'm an ice tea kind of gal.
    "Until God opens the next door, praise Him in the hallway." Kelly Wahlquist
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 18th Jun 17, 4:14 AM
    • 4,666 Posts
    • 42,714 Thanks
    Kittikins
    1. DD thanking me for a fantastic day when she went to bed

2. Our free swim was AMAZING, we loved the pool so much that I bought a membership for us both and, to save money, paid upfront for the year! I'm going to be able to go at times that will suit me.

3. Having said the other day that I can no longer do crawl/backstroke, I managed the latter, slowly, and did a shaky and a bit painful version of crawl (so stopped!) In my mind now, I'm equating the cost of the swim membership to roughly 7 sessions of physio, based on what I was paying for DD recently. So, it feels like more of a saving than a massive addition to the credit card

4. YS 10p baguette as part of our picnic.

5. Enjoyed said picnic in the field at my school, sitting in the shade of the horse chestnut trees at a picnic table. "This is the life" we said

6. Missed the parade for our closest town's carnival, but had a jolly time anyway, listening to music, wandering around looking at stalls.

7. Couldn't find an ice cream van, so bought 3-pack from MrW's for less than the cost of 2 '99s' and sat in a park and devoured them

8. Underspent against my budget for the carnival Haven't put the excess into my Marmite jar piggy bank, as I need to be very careful now for the rest of the month so that I don't have to take too much out of savings to pay off the swimming membership!

9. I made dinner, OK, only scrummy salad for everyone, but felt like a step in the right direction of being able to be an adult....

10. Chatted to a couple of lovely ladies we met at carnival town, one of whom rents out a 2-bed place very cheaply, and has awful tenants who don't seem to pay for a few months over Christmas each year!!! I tried to give her our number and sold us as being perfect potential tenants, and her friend said she'd look out for us if anything changes with the landlady, so an extremely remote chance, but one nonetheless that we could eventually get our own place!

11. My mummykins rented a film using her Pr!me account, so we watched a sci-fi film, which I enjoyed more than I was anticipating! Talk about damning with faint praise eh?! Some of the subject matter was morally dodgy but the special effects were amazing!

12. Booked myself on to my free RE course in October Whilst scanning through the school diary online, found the date of our whole school trip to see a play in December, and got excited! We don't go to a traditional pantomime, oh no we don't!!, but a fantastic play at one of my favourite theatres

13. Sunshine! and my spray-on suncream from America seems to be the best I've ever used, as since starting to use it, I haven't burned once. Must look to see if you can buy it over here online somewhere, as I've not seen it in shops at all.
    • house elf
    • By house elf 18th Jun 17, 7:23 AM
    • 545 Posts
    • 7,151 Thanks
    house elf
    Hello

I have not been here in a long time! Hope you are all well. Feeling the need to remind myself that nice things happen......

Yesterday

1. Sitting in the garden early morning, enjoying drinking tea and listening to the birds.

2. Getting lots of gardening done.

3. Face time call with DD in Greece. The wonder of modern technology!

4. Free tickets to great concert with DH and BF.

5. SW Fakeout KFC for tea. (Everyone ate it! Yum!).

Have a lovely day! I shall be waiting on DH hand and foot for Fathers Day!
    Last edited by house elf; 18-06-2017 at 3:44 PM.
    Synchro Mums - 'Changing the world one sequin at a time' Lady GaGa
    'We have more in common than that which divides us.' Jo Cox
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 18th Jun 17, 9:10 AM
    • 2,706 Posts
    • 31,474 Thanks
    mhagster
    Very early start , we had to be at hospital for a scan at 7.30am
    Took 2 big bags of puzzle books ( minus their covers ) to Cancer unit. Always hard walking in but always better once I've left them there. Hope it takes someones mind off just waiting.

Had to go shopping with DD2. This child can shop! Me...not so much. It bores me. Got a new wooly hat ( on my head at mo!)
    Then grocery shop. Didn't heed terribly much and got $10 off.

Home and snooze.

Poor son hobbled in, he fell at Rock climbing wall in city, has sprained his ankle and struggling with crutches! I suddenly had purpose and was in nurse/ mummy mode and felt useful!

Spag Bol for tea, bubbling away.

Have a good day.
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 18th Jun 17, 10:21 AM
    • 4,673 Posts
    • 67,233 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Morning all - what a bliddy glorious day it is.

Am having Glastonbury stress - my ticket went to Bristol (long story, not of my doing). it has now been posted to my friend - lots of 'what ifs' going on in my mind. There's nothing i can do but wait, which i am not very good at....

Anyhoo, pleasures for last few days

1. glorious, glorious sun - I love the sun and the warmth. I'm not a 'sun-bather' but i just love that warmth on my skin...
    2. 10 miles more coast path 'done'. Got a bit burned but only on the bits i'd missed with the sunscreen. This bit of coast (Llanrhustyd to Aberystwyth) WAS coast (sometimes it is inland) and was just beautiful. Finished with beer as is tradition
    3. Lunch with friends on Friday
    4. Bbq with different friends last night - OH and i cycled there (we don't have a car in ICT, or very rarely) and it was lovely.
    5. The brilliance of people in the wake of the Grenfell incident. I really wanted to go and pitch in, but was too far at this point. Road to hell and all that.... will donate funds..

Have a fantastic day all - Mhags, stay warm
    You're out with a friend in the capital, I'm a thousand leagues under the sea
    You're hovering worriedly over your eggs, And I'm pondering trees
    I'm wandering long, And I'm pondering trees
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • house elf
    • By house elf 18th Jun 17, 8:34 PM
    • 545 Posts
    • 7,151 Thanks
    house elf
    Evening Peeps,

1. Sitting in the garden to type this. It has cooled Down, I have tea, and I can admire the fruits of our labours in the garden this weekend.

2. BBQ for tea. DH did the cooking.

3. DS2 happy at the pile of ash left from putting GCSE notes in fire pit last night.

4. DD posting photos of her and DH on Instagram for Fathers Day.

5. Watching DS1 doing Wakeboarding this morning. Lake was beautiful, like being on holiday!

Enjoy your evening. X
    Synchro Mums - 'Changing the world one sequin at a time' Lady GaGa
    'We have more in common than that which divides us.' Jo Cox
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 18th Jun 17, 10:36 PM
    • 4,666 Posts
    • 42,714 Thanks
    Kittikins
    1. Sunshine! We have been washing the sofa covers and putting the cushions and covers outside to freshen up. Feels like we have new furniture

2. Went for our first official swim using the membership - I did 24 proper lengths and a few more whilst having silliness with DD. We loved it (again)

3. NSD - yay! Resisted the urge to go and buy ice cream after the swim - the fact that the pool is about 4 miles away down single track roads from the nearest shop also had something to do with it......

4. Have broken the back of report writing, go me!!! They're due in by Friday at the latest and I'm 3/4 of the way there, all proof read. Looking forward to getting them off my to do list that's for sure!

5. Found my tax credits paperwork for renewal, and think I'll be losing even more, but hopefully not too much once I tell them that my salary for this year will be less than £1k more than they've anticipated..... fingers crossed, it's dropped a lot over the last year!

6. DD went out to dog training with my dad this morning, which was a lovely treat for them all, although they did get rather hot and foolishly had left their water bottles in the car!!!

7. Yummy chickpea curry and rice for dinner, and leftovers for lunch tomorrow - although I think I won't need it as I'm on a PE course and they feed us So, lunch for Tuesday sorted, yay!!

8. Have been asked to do some cat sitting over the holidays, not sure of dates yet, but hope they'll work for us. Will be nice to have people over for dinner and the like.

9. Lovely chats on WApp with Chap. He's suffering after spending the day out in the blazing sun, volunteering as a painter for the lovely fairtrade group he helps with so that they don't have to spend their valuable funds on a professional. He's done a great job and if, in the future, we're living in the same abode, I know where to go for painting and decorating (and gardening, cooking, fixing electrical items, cleaning - basically everything bar ironing!)

10. Still feeling too hot to sleep, so thank goodness for WiFi!! Trying to stay in the dark as much as possible so that I can keep the windows open without attracting all the neighbourhood mossies and moths....so just the light of the screen is illuminating me (good job I can touch type!!)
    • Frith
    • By Frith 18th Jun 17, 11:24 PM
    • 4,131 Posts
    • 38,629 Thanks
    Frith
    Just the light of my screen is illuminating me too, Kittikins - in fact, it's the only light on in the house!

Fan in my room and sons' room.

Pleasures for today (Sunday):

1) A lie in!

2) Porridge and raspberries for breakfast.

3) Hens OK but no eggs - too hot, perhaps. Picked another bigger bowl of raspberries before giving up due to the heat again!

4) Spoke to my school friend on the phone.

5) Went to Sainsburys.

6) Changed bed, cleaned the turtle tank out etc.

7) Took my father's day present to dad. Mum was on full odd form, which was more wearing than usual, in this heat. She is narked now that I didn't agree to go to my birthday treat that she was organising. (Without asking). Yes, because it's in a pub that you want to go to because your friend's son owns it, I don't drink, don't like pubs and it is miles from anywhere (even by the standards of round here!) Apparently it is a "family" thing but the final straw was saying that my sons can't go. I had to point out that my sons ARE my family. As though I'd go out on my birthday afternoon, leaving them at home!!

8) Sons came home from their father's. Bigger son had been to 2 good parties over the weekend and showed me some photos. He has also had his hours increased in his job so will be doing Friday nights and Saturday lunchtimes. He'll be raking it in!

All quiet now. Bigger son went off on his bike to meet 2 friends so should be back shortly.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • villagelife
    • By villagelife 19th Jun 17, 7:00 AM
    • 1,051 Posts
    • 11,850 Thanks
    villagelife
    Yesterday was productive.

1. Managed not to forget anything we needed to take to MIL. Very unusual.

2. Sewed labels into her clothes and permanently marked her underwear ready to pack and take to the nursing home. Put photos into nice new frames that we then hang in her new room.

3. Both sons came and helped move the hoist she needs and to see her in family home for the last time.

4. DS1 had hired a van to move the hoist so he managed to bring back here a garden bench, which needs attention, and some garden pots.

5. Made MIL new room look as welcoming as possible and with a vase of roses from her garden. The smell was lovely.

6. MIL seemed to be ok about going but believes if she doesn't like it she can go home.

7. Came home and did some gardening.

8. Had a BBQ and DS1 stayed for it . A fun time.
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 19th Jun 17, 7:51 AM
    • 4,673 Posts
    • 67,233 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Yesterday was productive.

1. Managed not to forget anything we needed to take to MIL. Very unusual.

2. Sewed labels into her clothes and permanently marked her underwear ready to pack and take to the nursing home. Put photos into nice new frames that we then hang in her new room.

3. Both sons came and helped move the hoist she needs and to see her in family home for the last time.

4. DS1 had hired a van to move the hoist so he managed to bring back here a garden bench, which needs attention, and some garden pots.

5. Made MIL new room look as welcoming as possible and with a vase of roses from her garden. The smell was lovely.

6. MIL seemed to be ok about going but believes if she doesn't like it she can go home.

7. Came home and did some gardening.

8. Had a BBQ and DS1 stayed for it . A fun time.
    Originally posted by villagelife
    A tough time VL, good luck today. Thinking of you.

Morning from my bed. Our room has two windows on different sides of the house so it is quite cool...

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Beautiful day. I love the heat
    2. Walk by the sea in ICT. Beach was more packed than I've seen for years
    3. Washing dried on the line and the sun bleached a stain out of my trousers
    4. Train home was hideous. Definitely not a pleasure. But getting home is. Nice shower and vest and t shirt Jammmies on
    5. DS and I ordered in pizza. I ate half my gluten free veggie one (I am not coeliac but avoid wheat.) OH taking the other half to work

Have a nice day all
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 19th Jun 17, 9:09 AM
    • 8,204 Posts
    • 30,987 Thanks
    ampersand
    From phone. Comms/radio/phone barely connecting at all here.

1. As usual, in accord with vjm re: weather. Sun, warmth, light. Will your Botswana trip tie in with sewing machines and other aid you were keen to assist last year?

2. Brendan Cox,
    - read and heard over weekend and just now.

3. Various linked Church fêtes (ours included) and other over w-e. Taxi-ing, lugging, helping - all felt non-stop and was, rather. More to do in clearing/donating line today.

4. Soaking garden areas methodically and grateful to be able to do so. Drinking water over weekend, too. Much of this done with Pakistan's amazing and unexpected cricket victory over India late afternoon.

5. Made 5 jars of utu jam, which is luscious. Utu = use things up, done this time with those excellent Mr T 49p per punnet apricots (have bought 2 more), h-g rhubarb, lemon juice+zest and crushed pineapple, surely even better stirred with THAT new spoon:-))))
    #
    vl - again with vjm in her comments, this time re: your mil. How will WE be as time takes us to this point? We know what we think/swear we'll never be or do ∆, but....

#

Frith - well done>extra hours son. Is he a saver? Re: your birthday and maman, hens are excellent "time away from" balancers. I very much miss having hens here, but am too often gone at short notice for this to be. Vicar's chickens are also in no-go/go-slow mode.
    Last edited by ampersand; 19-06-2017 at 11:15 AM.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 19th Jun 17, 10:02 AM
    • 4,673 Posts
    • 67,233 Thanks
    VJsmum

1. As usual, in accord with vjm re: weather. Sun, warmth, light. Will your Botswana trip tie in with sewing machines and other aid you were keen to assist last year?
    Originally posted by ampersand
    Regrettably not, not this time. My investigations into aiding the community out there have shown that it is very difficult to do anything from here. Parcels are too expensive to send, the only way is if someone is going and even then customs often open the cases and charge import duty if they think the stuff is not for personal use. Money is VERY expensive to send. All i can do is encourage people to go, and i have contacted groups who are wavering to allay their fears (on request of Rustlers Valley themselves) so that they can get more trade in.

So to that end, If anyone is thinking of going to SA then this is worth a look

http://www.earthrisemountainlodge.co.za/

Amazing place - i hope to go next year..
    For you and me
    Guy Garvey
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 19th Jun 17, 12:09 PM
    • 4,452 Posts
    • 26,847 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    The price of lead has gone up
    I know I forgot to spill the beans about all the good things yesterday, but that just adds to the weight!
    Frith the Elder on the bike, now entering the big world!
    Puzzles, VJs It is called wobbleade around here! Report rightings. Old boss had it to a T. Two sides A4. Introduction, Guts, Conclusion, Salutation. Got it. No need for BoP to go on a course either!
    Too hot to sleep. Remember, the winders are used in with to stop heat escaping. Dark Curtains and winders in summer stop heat getting in! Or get the flannel! Don’t gets me started again!

5 Washed round the downstairs John and whited the walls. The crapper was removed the other Saturday. Woodwork needs a touch up before glossing over it, and there is a small mark on the ceiling that will be no more by this time tomorrow! Raffles has not inspected it yet. More all this week!

4 Had haddock and parsley sauce, homemade, with peas and new tatties yesterday. Was hot and the fire alarm went off as well! Too hot for Raffles who hid in the bush. Strawberries and Raspberries and ice cream was also wolfed down! Tum was rubbed.

BoP’s Parsley sauciness recipe.
    Milk, ¾ pint, boil most
    In residue milk.
    Sprinkle Garlic chopped, (Not too much)
    Mustard
    Pepper
    Parsley, chopped
    2 tbsp of cornflour
    Salt to taste
    Far better that the packet carp!

3 Still watching the cup of the America’s. Them kiwis are getting above their folk in beating the yanks. Think their boat, which was rightly up ended the other week, has some magic trick whih others had not got. Still, if I was racing them, I would see about getting a torpedo and.

2 Day BoP is back at the mill stone and the loom is spinning again. Making cloth and getting the hay in while the thing of yellow burns brightly in the sky above. Hopefully not too much more later!

Now come on, I am thinking our Sparra is missing. Shes not bin around heres for an age, so we need to tweet her and get her back into the nest.

Rule 24 applies!
    I sold my only sock
    For a handshake and twenty menthol cigarettes
    • Kittikins
    • By Kittikins 19th Jun 17, 4:12 PM
    • 4,666 Posts
    • 42,714 Thanks
    Kittikins
    Getting the pleasures in early today

1. Sunshine! and eating lunch in the shade

2. The course I was on finished over an hour early, yippee!!

3. A cool shower when I got home.

4. £3 received for a survey + £2 change going into marmite jar.

5. Looking into getting tickets for an outdoor theatre trip for DD and I (and possibly Chap and/or my parents)
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 19th Jun 17, 7:22 PM
    • 10,750 Posts
    • 149,472 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) Fab weekend away visiting both the girls DD1 came with us to the Great Malvern Show yesterday and we've spent the day with DD2 and little Oreo today.

2) Air Con in this car we'd have melted on the way home without it I think.

3) Washing done as we came back is now dry on the line outside, what a day!

4) Massive pickings from the garden and polytunnel, courgettes, French beans and loganberries and He Who Knows is on the allotment for gooseberries and new potatoes.

5) Have been cooler than normal this weekend because I've worn shorts for the first time in 50 years and not felt silly in them, oh the wonders of liberated knees in the heat of summer!
    Last edited by MrsLurcherwalker; 19-06-2017 at 8:39 PM.
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

No amount of regretting can change the past, and no amount of worrying can change the future!
    • Frith
    • By Frith 19th Jun 17, 9:16 PM
    • 4,131 Posts
    • 38,629 Thanks
    Frith
    I hope you gave me a wave, MrsLW! (Can see the Malverns on the horizon through my bedroom window).

Pleasures for today (Monday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Smaller son to school without fuss - I did wonder how he would be, now bigger son has finished until September.

3) Hens OK. Picked another bowl of raspberries.

4) Bigger son and I took the plaster off 99% of the stairs and landing outside wall. 170+ year old, horsehair and lime plaster. Damp and slightly smelly. :-/ My small chisel injury has healed amazingly well - progress visible every hour!

5) Had lots of raspberries and some ground almonds I didn't use at Christmas so made a raspberry and almond cake - very nice.

6) Bigger son met his friends for a couple of hours this afternoon and has gone out again now and says he might not be back until the morning. He spent Saturday and Sunday nights away from home and is nearly falling over with tiredness but he insisted on going.

7) Got everything dusted, hoovered, steam cleaned etc after plaster removal and a load of washing done and is out on the line. Going to take the plaster off under the stairs tomorrow.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,384Posts Today

7,376Users online

Martin's Twitter