Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thriftlady
    • By thriftlady 28th Oct 09, 9:14 AM
    • 9,089Posts
    • 28,909Thanks
    thriftlady
    5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2
    • 28th Oct 09, 9:14 AM
    5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2 28th Oct 09 at 9:14 AM
    Time for a shiny new thread The old one had got to 4500 odd posts which amounts to 22,500 OS pleasures (at least) It's so good to know that the OS life can be so rewarding.

I'll kick off the new thread.

1) Homemade bread and marmalade for breakfast.

2) A walk over the Malvern Hills to blow away the cobwebs.

3) Drying the washing outside- still, in October.

4) Watching mydaughter making a game out of sweeping the leaves with her friends.

5) The prospect of collecting a big order of meat from the butcher this morning and having my freezer full for less.
Page 1778
    • VickyA
    • By VickyA 18th Oct 16, 5:35 PM
    • 4,320 Posts
    • 20,503 Thanks
    VickyA
    Good afternoon everyone

I'm now officially on half term - for two whole weeks!! Much book reading to be done, but many little jobs too!

ampersand - the book really does sound fascinating and the type of book that Mr VickyA would enjoy.

Pleasures:

1) Lost 2lbs this week! Weighed in at a different group to the one I normally attend. Gives me more of a gap before the next weigh in (so hopefully more of a loss!).

2) Visited a local town and managed to pick up many bargains from B&M and Wilkos, including some of the cat's food for £1.50 than in Mr T's!!

3) Trying to source and sort home insurance. It's renewal time and I'm acutely aware that we're under-insured with DH's road bike (cycle, not motor!). Of course, this just bumps up the premium, but better to be over cautious than under...

4) Visited a local farm shop, picking up locally grown onions and VERY local eggs. Always makes me feel virtuous, but really should just be the norm.

5) Package sorted for my friend's new baby!

Take care everyone
    SPC 8 #153 975.71 #9 £881.44 declared
    £366 in 366 £275/£366 #21
    NST NOvember #41
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 18th Oct 16, 6:47 PM
    • 2,101 Posts
    • 15,489 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Thanks for all your good wishes

Pleasures for today

1. DM washed towels & bedding for me and hung them out before they set off home. Lovely drying weather

2. ordered new door catch for my dishwasher - it broke the evening before my surgery ! Luckily just after finishing a wash - DF showed me how to replace the old one when the new one arrives and the new one was only £10.99 with free delivery

3. catching up with recorded tv

4. morning snooze and afternoon snooze

5. texts with friends organising visiting which will be nice.. now that DP's have gone home its very quiet here

Looking forward to getting stitches out tomorrow
    Aims for 2016
    1. no takeaways !
    2. shop once a week - no "top-up" shops - no unnecessary spending !!
    • Purple kitten
    • By Purple kitten 18th Oct 16, 9:15 PM
    • 1,611 Posts
    • 16,805 Thanks
    Purple kitten
    1. I moved the money from my quidco account to our Christmas account. £80. And also discovered Swagbucks today at the moment I’m not too sure about it.

2. I made the mistake of taking down all the nets to wash, only to realise on the 2 main windows I now needed to clear of all of DH’s stuff and properly clean before they could go back up. So window cleaning, net cleaning and curtain cleaning all done. While I know it’s done it doesn’t really notice. Oh and the light lamp fittings removed washed and put up again. The pleasure being knowing it is all cleaned up.

3. Food today was porridge with milk for brekkie, H@inz tomato soup with a slice of bread for lunch and for dinner I had to cook up the meat today or we would have lost the pork joint we will have some mash and veg with it, with HM apple sauce.

4. In tidying up I am burning some great candles, saving the Yankee Christmas cookie ones from last year to Christmas this year, I hope they keep ok. I was tempted to re gift some but I have a feeling they would be re gifted to the giver so safer to use them and enjoy them.

5. I restocked all the bird feeders with seed and log food that we have a stash of the birds seem to appreciate it and I enjoy seeing them.

I’ve applied for a role that is not great money in a not great area, but it’s working at a University which really appeals. However when I say it out loud I’m not sure it makes sense hmmm. Wait and see how it goes.
    • Frith
    • By Frith 18th Oct 16, 10:20 PM
    • 4,144 Posts
    • 34,704 Thanks
    Frith
    Pleasures for today (still only Tuesday!)

1) Not a bad sleep. Went to sleep with the Unbelievable Truth playing, so will be able to listen to it again in a minute and it will be new to me!

2) Work OK.

3) Side effects from coming off tablets not too bad at all. Got out of breath on exertion - walking from car park to work, going up stairs etc. Managed to have a shower without difficulty and that was always the worst before the tablets as there is less oxygen in the steam.

4) Went into town after work to have a cup of tea with my school friend.

5) 3 egg day for the hens (2nd 3 egg day after Barbara's recovery) but an egg was broken today. Not sure if Barbara's shells aren't perfect yet but hope one of them hasn't gained a taste for eggs.

6) Smaller son made a Dutch apple cake at school that was very tasty indeed.

7) Bigger son lit the fire - it has been really cold tonight.

8) In bed and will watch Holby just now.
    Odd fact: the inventor of nominative determinism was called Trevor Nominative - Determinism. :-)
    • DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 18th Oct 16, 11:12 PM
    • 2,920 Posts
    • 32,029 Thanks
    DundeeDoll
    Pk was just admiring the moon tonight and now having read it as one of your pleasures
    1) thinking about all of us, wherever we are, taking time to look at the same moon
    2) beautiful autumn day
    3) slow cooked beef stew for tea
    4) good meeting at the cathedral - I was invited as chair of our new eco group. All very exciting to share the group's work and plans
    5) found 20p on my way home
    • villagelife
    • By villagelife 19th Oct 16, 6:58 AM
    • 905 Posts
    • 9,956 Thanks
    villagelife
    Skint - get well soon.

1. My flowers still looking good. Makes the room look cheerful.

2. Strange day at work. It seemed to go on for ever. It finally finished and as all work done we left slightly early.

3. Tea from freezer so another day without needing to go food shopping.

4. Managed to lengthen a pair of DH trousers for DS2 for work. It doesn't show where I lengthened them.

5. Back feeling slightly better. Makes life easier.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 19th Oct 16, 8:14 AM
    • 10,595 Posts
    • 135,500 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) A really lovely day with Zebra and his Mum yesterday, lots of giggling, cuddling and playing.....the best!

2) DD2 treated us out to lunch and we had some of the nicest pizzas I've ever had in the UK.

3) Good runs there and back along the motorways, always a bonus these days.

4) Fitting into some smaller size clothes that I hadn't tried on for ages, some donations from DD1, and DD2 saying Ma have you dropped some weight? Magic!!!

5) A proposed visit for today to a newly opened Home Bargains Store as He Who Knows needs a few things from B & Q which is on the same estate. Exciting!
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

Some people use words to reflect who they want to be, but actions ALWAYS show who they really are!
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 19th Oct 16, 8:46 AM
    • 7,969 Posts
    • 29,265 Thanks
    ampersand
    Waiting and waiting.........
    [have been up and readying since 5.]
    #
    [a]......for unavoidable new washing machine and [b] electrician. Hope both work.
    Due any time from 7-10 bells, which suits &, needing earliest poss. prep. for Spits. Shortened daylight hours really noticeable now.
    Fitting other biz in around the edges for rest of week. Need 60hr days atm.

1. 2 crimbo cakes nicely done for donation, after steady feeding:-) More to do.

2. Yes, dd - re: that moon. Often have such thinkings and whirlings away across world and times and people. Aren't we lucky as a species to have this capability? and as one section of that species, to currently be free from fear to do so?
    [Well, National Poetry Day is still recent enough for & to have fave and new2& verse to hand.]
    is it cheeky/intrusive to add thanks for Mr P's arrival in your household again?

3. This programme resonates with the most remarkable qualities of dignity, good life, human resilience:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07z3fw2

Over the past few weeks Hardeep Singh Kohli has been travelling the country cooking for people and in return hearing some extraordinary stories. This week Hardeep takes a back seat in the kitchen as he is treated to a wonderful Sudanese meal. The "chef" for the day is the poet and translator Rashid El Sheikh, who fled Sudan as a political refugee and came to live in London. Whilst Rashid shows Hardeep how to cook a typical Sudanese meal he tells the tragic story of two of his sons who despite his best efforts went to fight in Syria with tragic consequences. Over lunch Hardeep talks to Rashid and Ibrahim Asmary, a youth worker, about the problems of identity for young people whose parents have settled in this country and the predatory tactics of those trying to recruit people to join so-called IS.'

I like Hardeep Singh Kohli. Fine broadcaster.

4. &'s NZ boxes arrived, all 5, yesterday :-) 2 young men smilingly declined &'s offer of assistance, or trolley [collected a-purpose prev. day]and just brought them straight to garden room, one by one. 5 mins max. Then 5 mins lingering around all &'s green, farm at back, raspberries still fruiting, apples ready, birds singing etc.etc. One asked politely for use of smallest room. & politely directed him to compost corner, where such is useful.

5. To own amazement, & has emptied all 5 boxes! Just started and carried on. Finished in daylight, collapsed boxes, taken to storage ditto. Usual thoughts: Why on earth this? Oh, had forgotten that. All down in garden room o/n, with vintagey bits gently de-wrinkling over lauindry racks - old astrakhan, furs, suede, Harris tweed. Then paintings, only 1[the least important] picture glass broken, studio pottery, books, books, more skulls and horns and bones, beautiful old ivory inlaid bowls[ dates/provenance fine] and books, beautiful old tools, native woods, plenty of rugby club tea-towels :-), more books, cashmere, alpaca, some wonderful chinoiserie, metal objêts [ some mysteries among]. Many will make their way to London town tomorrow.
    Hopefully, not all will come back
    #
    Appliance men may raise their eyebrows, so be it. Much stacked to one side to allow free ingress/egress.
    On verra.
    'New' Rugby Club teatowels and various mopping towels will be 1st test wash.
    #
    skint, just catching sight of your operation news. Take care. Learn to love resting because you've been told to:-)
    Frith - still quite a lot of becoming accustomed. Make sure you do. Good Barbara news:-)
    pk - the ideal job, the glove-fit: you will find each other.
    Congrats to dd, mhags. Yellow sash girl indeed. Bathe in reflected glory, as 2 clever p's.
    #
    If you didn't hear this wonderful play, please listen:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04l10j7

Will do some tiny mendings while waiting. Pleasing to hand-sew invisibly.
    Last edited by ampersand; 19-10-2016 at 11:46 AM.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• DundeeDoll
    • By DundeeDoll 19th Oct 16, 9:00 AM
    • 2,920 Posts
    • 32,029 Thanks
    DundeeDoll

2. Yes, dd - re: that moon. Often have such thinkings and whirlings away across world and times and people. Aren't we lucky as a species to have this capability? and as one section of that species, to currently be free from fear to do so?
    Originally posted by ampersand
    amen to both those sentiments
    is it cheeky/intrusive to add thanks for Mr P's arrival in your household again?
    Originally posted by ampersand
    certainly not it's great how quickly we've settled into our new routines, and he's even less rude now about my piano. he says he think it is improving with being played (cheeky, but sadly true - since the children left home my piano has been rather lonely)
    All the best with sparky and new wm. my decorator, who was supposed to be starting about now, sent a picture of his poorly hand - nasty gash now mending. he will be ready to start in 4 weeks which gives me the incentive and time to put a spurt on with deciding on colours and decluttering.
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 19th Oct 16, 10:03 AM
    • 937 Posts
    • 10,591 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Time whisking by and little time for posting but recent pleasures:

First and by far the most important precious time spent with DM, difficult conversations at times as wishes have been made known and duly written down but done now so all good.

Included in this was sorting out of various bequests jewellery wise, this brought back many happy childhood memories of dressing up in numerous strands of beads and brooches, the provenance of several older pieces has been duly noted down so not forgotten.

Another admirer of the moon, full and rising behind the beech trees, still there on the horizon when the sun rose the following day, advantage of living in flat fenland.

We have also had several spectacular rainbows, pity poor C Scarlet who is colour blind and doesn't see their full splendour.

Talking of whom, as always his constant love and support, he has picked up much of the day to day running of the house enabling me to have the time I need, a true jewel indeed.

Hope you feel better soon Skint, happy convalescing.
    What a treasure trove from NZ &
    • VJsmum
    • By VJsmum 19th Oct 16, 11:07 AM
    • 4,355 Posts
    • 61,718 Thanks
    VJsmum
    Morning, yet again it's been a while

Pleasures since????/

1. Another for the autumn colours, except soon my lawn will be covered in leaves....
    2. That moon
    3. MiL has gone home. We (i.e. OH) is going to have to have a very difficult conversation with her soon. She keeps hinting about a granny flat - and it is never going to happen. I think he is going to have to tell her straight as she isn't getting the hints and she needs to start living and enjoying where she lives (where she actually gets more company than she's ever had and more than she would get in a granny flat). I know some live very happily with such arrangements, i just .... can't (that goes for my dad too)
    4. Feedback from first PhD submission is excellent
    5. Trip to Bournemouth on the train yesterday. Vast amounts of reading done. Large quantity of clothes from local chazzers handed over to someone who is going to visit the South African village in the next week. Lovely to be able to directly help.

Have a great day, folks.
    Maybe I will never be all the things that I wanna be,
    Now is not the time to cry, Now's the time to find out why
    I think you're the same as me,We see things they'll never see
    Cos You and I are gonna live forever
    Noel Gallagher
    • calicocat
    • By calicocat 19th Oct 16, 11:32 AM
    • 4,818 Posts
    • 21,876 Thanks
    calicocat
    Over yesterday and today.

Made choc and coffee liqueurs.... limocello is next on my list

Slept most of yesterday in my fab fresh bed.

Watching recorded tv from the last few days for hours on end...

Making a mahoosive casserole to take to friends tonight one of whom has been ill for weeks now, he is out of work at the moment and my friend is working every hour god sends and tired...bless her

Fannying around in the garden for a while this morning.

The fab feeling of a few days off and not doing any extra shifts this week...and only a week until payday.

Have a good day everyone.
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early..
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 19th Oct 16, 1:13 PM
    • 7,969 Posts
    • 29,265 Thanks
    ampersand
    &'s ROGOF report, no prize for guessing 'read'. )))
    #
    1. w/m installed. Manboy tries. & indicates he has left manual/guarantee/pw and buffers in there. 'Oh that's alright. Iit's in plastic. Won't be much water.'
    & - 'any plastic bag will have breathing holes in it. Water will go in'
    & is right. Manual drying, usable, now.
    Sparky sights and sounds came out of distant wall socket. Alarmed looks from them. Knowing ones from &. Sameoldsameold. 'That's wh
    #
    Well, stop there. Electrician has just been and gone, one of the good'uns. He, too, had to buy/install new w/m at weekend. More trip switch power cuts, v. glad as he heard/saw the sizzle in wall socket. Older, literate, articulate, numerate man. Expressed shock at state of things. Only recently employed as currently, having taken redundancy from Herts belly-up firm.
    Has replaced various things, put in new smoke alarm. Tiniest wink when adding 'Batteries need not be inckuded, once I've seen it working, here and now'....as blasted old one used to go off and not stop, for no reason at all. He was unsurprised.
    We happily reinforced each other's wisdom/world views)))))))))
    #
    & may be about to extract 1st wash load......
    Connectivity notspot, meant & could not/would not sign t's and c's acceptance implying uses of publicity, 'trusted 3rd parties' sales nuisance blahblah. They wouldn't load. 20 mins manboy phoning from outside. Reception intermittent. Cut off several times. Eventually fetches clipboard with real sheets of paper and runes. Wording adaptation has been dictated down phone.
    'Delivery only' Yes, & can agree to that.

Will head to storage to sort for Spits by 1330h.

Next pleasure, forgot yday - portion of lovely emporium rtc ham hock+wrinkly veg soup [celeriac, taties, carrots, red and white onions]which simmered as cakes baked.
    #
    vjm - excellent for 'excellent':-)
    mila - in whatever set of circs. right now, this is the 'arms around' extension of this Thread. Whizzbang cross-'lantic caring from here.

Picked another lb of rasps just now. Surely they must finish soon.
    #
    -and replaced Thanks have stuck, for now.
    Last edited by ampersand; 19-10-2016 at 1:31 PM.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• VickyA
    • By VickyA 19th Oct 16, 2:23 PM
    • 4,320 Posts
    • 20,503 Thanks
    VickyA
    Good afternoon everyone

Like buses, I don't post for a week or so, then two postings come along at once (well, over 2 days! ).

Pleasures:

1) Caught up with the ironing. I repeat, I have caught up with the ironing!

2) My car is in for a service today. "Ooh, it's a big service today Mrs VickyA," said the assistant when I dropped off the car. I think that translates as "You've had the car a long time and this service is going to cause you to weep when we give you the bill later". The only pleasure that I get out of this is knowing that for the past 12 months I've been putting money aside for paying this bill so I won't be scrabbling around for £££ later. And then the saving starts again for next year...

3) The charity *cough* Christmas cards have gone on sale in a local venue. In previous years I've foolishly bought mine at the end of November and haven't had much of a choice, so I've bought mine today!! Scary.

4) Last night's supper was Greek-Style Plaice Plaki from the Slimming World website. Delicious - even DH likes it! Tonight it's Diet Cola Chicken - and a portion for the freezer.

5) Read my book. Not really feeling the love for it, but it's an author I normally love so I'm prepared to keep going with it.
    SPC 8 #153 975.71 #9 £881.44 declared
    £366 in 366 £275/£366 #21
    NST NOvember #41
    • Skint yet Again
    • By Skint yet Again 19th Oct 16, 5:07 PM
    • 2,101 Posts
    • 15,489 Thanks
    Skint yet Again
    Have been enjoying the rainbows and full moon over the last few days here too

Pleasures for today

1. the nurse removed my stitch (one long suture) in my neck, was painful but worth it as can move head a bit more freely now and she says the scar is healing well. She said the remaining dissolving stitches should be gone in next 2 weeks.

2. The nurse also said I can get out and about now and can have a proper full shower / wash hair DM helped me wash my hair 2 days ago without getting op site wet so will be lovely to be able to have a full shower and hair wash again.

3. lovely sunny weather managed to get a load of washing done and line dried

4. friend came round and brought me a bunch of beautiful white roses. She walked with me the very short distance to the nearby chemist. I was going to buy some bio oil as the nurse said I can moisturise my scar but I bought their own brand instead for half the price. I'm sure it will do the same job

5. cuppa tea and then afternoon snooze
    Last edited by Skint yet Again; 19-10-2016 at 5:17 PM.
    Aims for 2016
    1. no takeaways !
    2. shop once a week - no "top-up" shops - no unnecessary spending !!
    • Blackbeard of Perranporth
    • By Blackbeard of Perranporth 19th Oct 16, 7:30 PM
    • 3,912 Posts
    • 23,087 Thanks
    Blackbeard of Perranporth
    Turn round and live. The shops are filling with evil. If you see the nasty products remove them, there is no excuse for nasty products in store.

5 Just sat with BoPsie ready for the gunners. Game on. DD is my second team!

4 BoPsie has got her self a job. Amazed. She beats BoP to it by days.

3 Got treats for Raffles. He loves them! He adores them. Think BoP must be a mug.

2 Game on!

It is only a small step from being busy to being evil. Turn it around and live

I used to look forward to my birthday seeing fireworks in the shop, ready to celebrate. Today all I see are nasty products. If you see people by these products, remember, they are spreading evil. If you get Facebook from the evil ones, you know what to do.
    No one dreams of escape
    From the aroma of a cheap jar of coffee
    • mhagster
    • By mhagster 19th Oct 16, 8:56 PM
    • 2,482 Posts
    • 28,713 Thanks
    mhagster
    Good morning from Thurday already, I feel a bit muddle with my days as OH took Tuesday off instead of his usual Wednesday , to go to school assembly. I'm a day out!

It's rather chilly at the moment only 4o but to warm up a bit and be windy.....bed linens I'm thinking!

So, Wednesday came and went in a flurry of tears.

Got up , wrote a list, industriously worked through the list of hoovering, polishing ,ironing, washings out, washing floors, cleaning bathrooms, chucked out flowers that were past their best. Tidied shoe cupboard and filled a bag for salvos.

Then I took the train a few stations along the line...am I wearing too much red? I asked DD1. I had my red shoes, a lovely new to me red and white polka dot cardi and as it was decidedly cool I put on my gilet which is red. My bag is also very red.....nah, you're fine said Dd1.

Got to event....decidedly under dressed in red! Sat next to a lady who was top to toe in red! She was lovely and suited her outfit! This was afternoon tea at palliative care HQ. This is national carers week. I was surprised ( upset) last week when I received invitation to attend as a carer. I don't think of myself as a carer. Yes I care , I very much care but hadn't thought of myself as a carer. Anyway....the thought of a free scone spurred me on to accept the invitation at the last minute. Left a voicemail message with my name and number...that would be my new name....not sure who took the message but I had a lovely name badge with the oddest combination of letters to make the the name they thought they heard!

So I was shown into a meeting room that already had a few people there, sat next to lady in red. Had a scone ( fruit with butter) a few more people came in. Chit chat, by which time I've realised that these other people have been very recently widowed. This upset me as this will be my reality . Then we had to introduce ourselves. Then we had to talk about something we liked to do just for ourselves, when did you last do it. ( all about taking time out for yourself and looking after number one ) lady in red , very eloquently ,told us she didn't know who she was anymore and would have to rediscover who she was now.
    Then we had to tell everyone what we felt / experienced from a list of commonly felt things carers feel! One was disempowerment . I have often felt disempowered by not being listened to when OH has been in hospital. This is something that frustrates both of us. He might have a terminal illness but is still an intelligent man capable of making informed decisions and choices. I think being in bed with your PJs on changes people's perceptions.

There was only one other lady who's husband is still alive ( but poorly) and her and I just sobbed our way through the whole thing...sharing the box of tissues and also laughing too. We were both surprised that everyone else invited was recently widowed.

She very kindly gave me a lift home , after exchanging a hug and a phone number , she used to live in our wee town. She wasn't going to come either and changed her mind at the last minute. I told the organiser I wasn't going to come but changed my mind because there would be scones! ( only half joking...they were a big factor!) so they gave me and kind lady a plate of scones to take home! We were all give a single rose ( choice of red or white , I chose white ) and some freebie things from Carers Victoria.

Once home I made chicken wrapped in bacon and soft cheese, tiny roast potatoes and roast pumpkin, broccoli and carrots and peas. And a wee half scone and jam and cream for pudding!

Sat and read through one of my new pamphlets and sobbed! I also received forms from Centrelink ( like DSS) to fill out , I'm entitled to carers allowance , have been for months but have put it off. Shall sit down today and peruse forms.

Was offered a shift at work on Friday but I actually don't want to be there , in that environment unless I absolutely And as Friday isn't a Saturday then no I don't have to. So politely turned it down with a tiny fib of having something else to do...will probably be ironing or washing floors again by then!

So that was my emotion filled Wednesday . Today is happy Thursday. Today is get your hair cut and coloured and get rid of grey day!
    Today is take your dog a nice long walk day. Today it's 6 years since we arrived here day!

Right, there's porridge to be made so I'd better crack on.
    • milasavesmoney
    • By milasavesmoney 19th Oct 16, 10:37 PM
    • 1,599 Posts
    • 12,718 Thanks
    milasavesmoney
    Have been enjoying the rainbows and full moon over the last few days here too

Pleasures for today

1. the nurse removed my stitch (one long suture) in my neck, was painful but worth it as can move head a bit more freely now and she says the scar is healing well. She said the remaining dissolving stitches should be gone in next 2 weeks.

2. The nurse also said I can get out and about now and can have a proper full shower / wash hair DM helped me wash my hair 2 days ago without getting op site wet so will be lovely to be able to have a full shower and hair wash again.

3. lovely sunny weather managed to get a load of washing done and line dried

4. friend came round and brought me a bunch of beautiful white roses. She walked with me the very short distance to the nearby chemist. I was going to buy some bio oil as the nurse said I can moisturise my scar but I bought their own brand instead for half the price. I'm sure it will do the same job

5. cuppa tea and then afternoon snooze
    Originally posted by Skint yet Again
    I think one of the positives about such circumstances as yours is the realization of how wonderful something so simple such as washing your hair can turn out to be....
    I'm so glad you are on the mend.

Mhags DD1!!! A keeper!!
    I don't know the right words, but I want you to know that I care. I'm just so sorry that this is happening to you.

&. Your words were much needed and gratefully accepted!!
    Last edited by milasavesmoney; 19-10-2016 at 11:31 PM.
    Nov $69/$500 ~~ 3/6 EF #46 $11,273/$15,000 ~~ Xmas/Bday 2016 $3002/$6500 ~~ WL 2016 ~15 lb
    • villagelife
    • By villagelife 20th Oct 16, 6:50 AM
    • 905 Posts
    • 9,956 Thanks
    villagelife
    1. Congratulated friend whose daughter has done well at school with some excellent results. She is going through a tough period in her life so she needs some good news.

2. Chat with newish colleague whom I don't see very often and she seems fun.

3. DS2 cooked lovely tea. A chicken pie which tasted good.

4. Phoned my parents. They are both ok at the moment. My Dad continues to improve.

5. Having my first cup of coffee first thing in the morning before anybody else is up. If I can't do this the day never seems right.
    • MrsLurcherwalker
    • By MrsLurcherwalker 20th Oct 16, 8:38 AM
    • 10,595 Posts
    • 135,500 Thanks
    MrsLurcherwalker
    1) A most wonderful bright rainbow against a really stormy rain laden sky right over the village last evening with white winged gulls gleaming in the late evening sun against that as a backdrop, stunning!

2) Lighting the woodstove and being comfortably warm in the evening.

3) My woollen quilt which meant being snug all night too and sleeping better than I have for quite a while.

4) Freezer diving this morning and finding a pack of rabbit and 2 pheasant breasts which are defrosting for a lovely game casserole for supper tonight.

5) The cyclamen that are in the window box I can see from the desk here, many bright little blooms in multi shades of pink, I love then as they really cheer up the colder months, they stay in flower for ages!
    Go forward with the vision even if no one else can see it!

Some people use words to reflect who they want to be, but actions ALWAYS show who they really are!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

731Posts Today

5,708Users online

Martin's Twitter