Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sparklymessygirl
    • By sparklymessygirl 24th May 06, 9:07 PM
    • 690Posts
    • 943Thanks
    sparklymessygirl
    Breville Pie Magic pie maker instructions and recipe help please
    • 24th May 06, 9:07 PM
    Breville Pie Magic pie maker instructions and recipe help please 24th May 06 at 9:07 PM
    Hello,

I have just acquired a Breville Pie Magic through Freecycle and was wondering if anyone could give me some basic instructions for using it as it did not come with a manual.

I think I remember someone on OS saying that they used theirs all the time to batch make lots of pies to put in the freezer and it seemed they were quite creative with their ingredients- both sweet and savoury. I couldn't find the thread again though.

Mine needs a good clean - am wondering how to clean it too? I guess it will have to be a damp microfibre cloth? Think it will need some disinfecting too

I would welcome any help you can give me
    TIA
    Sparkly
Page 4
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 20th May 13, 10:08 PM
    • 56,019 Posts
    • 321,930 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    mmm pies. Can't help.... just love pies.
    • Tara100
    • By Tara100 20th May 13, 10:17 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Tara100
    I've written to Breville, and they are very kindly sending me an instruction booklet.
    They couldn't help with my query about the two cutter sizes, so if someone here could measure their two and let me know, I'd be ever so grateful

Many thanks
    Tara
    All you need is love (and chocolate)
    • Kevie192
    • By Kevie192 25th May 13, 9:51 PM
    • 1,106 Posts
    • 2,498 Thanks
    Kevie192
    Inspired by this thread, I bought a Salter twin pie maker on eBay this week an used it tonight for the first time to make steak and ale pies. They were delicious! I'll make more tomorrow and freeze them...

• suzybloo
    • By suzybloo 28th May 13, 8:20 PM
    • 1,085 Posts
    • 8,715 Thanks
    suzybloo
    After reading this thread I too bought a pie maker and used it for the first time today and I am really pleased with it, I made 7 chicken and vegetable pies and 8 rhubarb pies. The one I bought was the breville one and was so easy to use, making 4 pies at a time.
    I used tesco ready rolled pastry due to time, and managed to get the 15 pies out if two packs, costing £2.40, Plus filling, rhubarb free and the chicken ones used a couple handfuls of mixed veg and two small chicken breasts. The pastry has stayed crisp and browned well, in all probably the 15 pies cost less than £4.
    I bought it as I was finding that I had odds and ends of stew or mince left over at times, but not enough for a portion, and will use the pies for OH lunch box instead of rolls and cold meat,
    Every days a School day!
  • GRIM
    I bought a Breville pie magic at a car boot for £1.50 last weekend, complete with instruction manual. PM me and I can find a way to share the instructions with anyone who is interested (maybe email you a scan?)
    Originally posted by gemmaj
    hi would it poss for you to send me a copy of the breville pm1 pie magic recipe book. thanks very much. Grim
    • Tara100
    • By Tara100 29th Sep 13, 12:41 AM
    • 217 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Tara100
    hi would it poss for you to send me a copy of the breville pm1 pie magic recipe book. thanks very much. Grim
    Originally posted by GRIM
    I would really appreciate the same please, plus I am still hoping someone will measure their cutters for me so I can replace the missing ones :-)
    • sb44
    • By sb44 29th Sep 13, 9:12 PM
    • 5,180 Posts
    • 12,231 Thanks
    sb44
    I would really appreciate the same please, plus I am still hoping someone will measure their cutters for me so I can replace the missing ones :-)
    Originally posted by Tara100
    Hi, I have the Prolectrix model and the pie rings are 9cm wide for the top and 12cm wide for the pie base.

I would assume they are all about the same size.

• Tara100
    • By Tara100 29th Sep 13, 11:45 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Tara100
    Hi, I have the Prolectrix model and the pie rings are 9cm wide for the top and 12cm wide for the pie base.

I would assume they are all about the same size.
    Originally posted by sb44

Thank you
    • Tara100
    • By Tara100 29th Sep 13, 11:48 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Tara100
    Originally posted by GRIM
    I didn't realise the poster that you replied to had messaged on 31-05-2006....
    I don't think we have much chance of getting a copy of the manual now
    • sb44
    • By sb44 30th Sep 13, 10:16 AM
    • 5,180 Posts
    • 12,231 Thanks
    sb44
    *** Breville Pie Maker Manual, Here ***
    Is this what you were looking for?

It is a manual for the Breville 4 pie maker but should be ok for you.

http://www.foodthinkers.com.au/ssl/cms/files_cms/BPI240_IB.pdf

Last edited by sb44; 30-09-2013 at 10:25 AM.

• sb44
    • By sb44 30th Sep 13, 10:19 AM
    • 5,180 Posts
    • 12,231 Thanks
    sb44
    Is this what you were looking for?

It is a manual for the Breville 4 pie maker but should be ok for you.

http://www.foodthinkers.com.au/ssl/cms/files_cms/BPI240_IB.pdf

Originally posted by sb44

It does say you may need another viewer to read it properly, I just clicked on the bar and it downloaded it using Adobe and it is then in normal quality.

• Tara100
    • By Tara100 30th Sep 13, 6:29 PM
    • 217 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Tara100
    Thank you, it will help and there are some nice recipes in there :-)
    • Wee fee fee
    • By Wee fee fee 10th Oct 16, 12:31 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wee fee fee
    Breville pie magic maker
    Hi I know this is a bit of a long shot as thread is a few years old but I am looking for breville pie magic instructions/ manuel I don't have a computer or printer so can't print info out but wondered if anyone still had any of the instructions as my son is quite ill and he's lost lots of weight so am wanting 2 start making him different kinds of pies and hopefully build him up again I am very greatful for any help any one can give many thanks Fiona
    • culpepper
    • By culpepper 10th Oct 16, 1:41 PM
    • 3,713 Posts
    • 6,055 Thanks
    culpepper
    Hi I dont have a breville but mine works the same.
    You need to make around 12 oz of short crust. 8oz flour ,4 oz fat..
    Roll out then cut the tops and bottoms using the cutting rings that came with it.
    Then you cook off some thing to fill it. Dont put stuff that needs cooking in raw.
    I know you are supposed to pre heat the machine but I don't .
    I put the bottoms in, add the filling in a mound and then pop the tops on then give it about 10 minutes.
    You can just lift the lid and look to see if they are done yet.
    If you do a second batch they will be quicker because the machine is hot already.
    You can cook the empty bottoms if you want to make little open pies with uncooked fillings. Just push the insides flat again using a clean jar bottom if they puff up a bit.

here is the pdf to the breville manual which I just found...

http://www.breville.co.nz/media/mediaappearance/3344/BPI240.pdf
    Last edited by culpepper; 10-10-2016 at 1:43 PM. Reason: added a link to the manual
    • Wee fee fee
    • By Wee fee fee 10th Oct 16, 10:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wee fee fee
    Thank you for your help :)
    Hi thanks a million I can now start trying pies the recipes are fantastic I wasn't sure if I had 2 cook stuff first before I put it in xxxx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

456Posts Today

3,387Users online

Martin's Twitter