Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Can I claim ESA when new partner moves in?
    • #1
    • 20th Oct 09, 2:55 PM
    Can I claim ESA when new partner moves in? 20th Oct 09 at 2:55 PM

    My new partner and I have just moved in together, he works full time but doesnt earn a great deal (brings home about £1,000 every 4 weeks)

    I have a 5 year old daughter and i get child tax credits.

    I am also disabled and get DLA Higher rate Mobility (car) and lower rate personal care (family help me daily)

    Am I entitled to claim ESA now? I am too ill to commit to working and will now lose income support due to partner moving in.

    thanks any help appreciated
    Distant fields will always look greener.
    Yet, golden opportunities are all around you
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,358Posts Today

7,204Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ill be going in to Call You & Yours on @BBCRadio4 at 12:15 to discuss debt & mental health (and feverishly writing my weekly email too)

  • Leicester win the DOUBLE... the Premier League and the World Snooker Championship. Everyone's a fox tonight!

  • You do wonder if anyone has told Mark Selby yet... (the jester from leicester)

  • Follow Martin