Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • Nordictat2
    • 19th Oct 09, 5:47 PM
    • 19th Oct 09, 5:47 PM
    Have you every bought frozen pizza with Salami on it?
    *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button*
    • Pink.
    • By Pink. 19th Oct 09, 6:13 PM
    • 17,527 Posts
    • 40,365 Thanks
    Pink.
    • 19th Oct 09, 6:13 PM
    • 19th Oct 09, 6:13 PM
    Hi RootyTooty,

Yes, salami freezes well, just make sure to freeze it in portions that you will use in one go as it can't be re-frozen once you've defrosted it.

Pink
    • 23rdspiral
    • By 23rdspiral 19th Oct 09, 9:00 PM
    • 1,927 Posts
    • 12,619 Thanks
    23rdspiral
    • 19th Oct 09, 9:00 PM
    • 19th Oct 09, 9:00 PM
    i often freeze whoopsied salami for use on piza, in pasta exta. i put in loose in a sandwich bag all seperated, then once frozen, tidy it up into a stack. that way it takes up less room but is easy to take out only as much as you need. oh, it never freezes totally solid but dont worry.
    Relax, Breathe, Love 2014 Challenges:Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger 23. Frugal Living Challenger. No buying cleaning products. I used MSE advice to reduce my car insurance from 550 to 325!! & paid it off in full!!!
  • smartcat04
    • 24th Dec 09, 5:46 PM
    • 24th Dec 09, 5:46 PM
    So glad I found this old thread as I have bought an "end" of a salami from Me T this morning for the grand some of.... 2p! Was on the reduced shelf so will be splitting this into portions for the freezer tonight. I love these forums.
    April 5 a day challenge- 15.05/150
  • julieq
    • 24th Dec 09, 6:31 PM
    • 24th Dec 09, 6:31 PM
    Salami is a preserved meat so it may not need freezing anyway. It might go a bit dry, but otherwise I keep mine in the fridge.

It's a very handy standby to have around. Apart from pizza, it's great cubed and fried to add to soups, on salad, in stews and all sorts of things that need a little flavour lift. If I do a remoska baked chicken I'll usually chuck some cubed salami in. There are some great bargains on full salamis in Lidl usually too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

560Posts Today

5,184Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin