Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • di3004
    • By di3004 16th Oct 09, 4:18 PM
    • 42,529 Posts
    • 56,679 Thanks
    di3004
    • 16th Oct 09, 4:18 PM
    • 16th Oct 09, 4:18 PM
    I have two credit cards for accounts which I opened over 15 years ago and I appear to have PPI on both of these. Can I claim this back through the Financial Ombudsman or has too much time gone by?
    Originally posted by Marisol

Hello there

I would give the FOS a ring on this to make sure, as it is quite old, you could try by reclaiming on the last 6 years, there is no harm in trying, or they may even go back earlier, but see what the FOS suggest first and take it from there.
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html
    Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di"
  • PaulinWeston
    • 16th Oct 09, 4:28 PM
    • 16th Oct 09, 4:28 PM
    I think you could have a go at reclaiming the whole amount if, as you claim, you have only just realised that a mistake was made when you origionally took out the cards/ppi. Do you still have details of the dates & payments made?
    Ignorance can be cured, but stupid is forever!
    Please note: Nothing that I post constitutes professional financial or legal advice.
    • di3004
    • By di3004 16th Oct 09, 4:32 PM
    • 42,529 Posts
    • 56,679 Thanks
    di3004
    • 16th Oct 09, 4:32 PM
    • 16th Oct 09, 4:32 PM
    I think you could have a go at reclaiming the whole amount if, as you claim, you have only just realised that a mistake was made when you origionally took out the cards/ppi. Do you still have details of the dates & payments made?
    Originally posted by PaulinWeston
    Yes I agree, and if still have the details, even better.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di"
    • finatra26
    • By finatra26 16th Oct 09, 7:32 PM
    • 4,052 Posts
    • 14,589 Thanks
    finatra26
    • 16th Oct 09, 7:32 PM
    • 16th Oct 09, 7:32 PM
    I succesfully claimed on a 14 year old loan & 21 year old credit card - go for it!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,154Posts Today

7,321Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @c_newbery: @MartinSLewis Can't bring myself to vote for option A because of lack of apostrophe - some things are too precious! #grammar?

• MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• Follow Martin