Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    KatrinaC
    How long does it take to open a Nationwide current account?
    • 20th May 06, 8:32 PM
    How long does it take to open a Nationwide current account? 20th May 06 at 8:32 PM
    I'm about to travel to the US on business and I don't want to convert sterling into dollars unless I need to as I won't be recompensed for any loss through commission or exchange rates.

Opening a Nationwide current account purely for this trip and loading it up with sterling before I go seems to be the cheapest way to get dollars as and when I need them whilst I am over there (unless anyone knows better).

The problem is that I fly on the 2nd of June (9 business days!). Do you think there is anyway of getting the account opened and receiving the debit card before I fly? If not, does anyone have any advice about how to lose as little of my cash as possible?

All advice welcome!

Kat
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

7,555Posts Today

9,147Users online

Martin's Twitter