Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Consumer Rights > ugg outlet- is it a scam? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
ugg outlet- is it a scam?
Views: 51,796
# 1
christy23
Old 07-10-2009, 7:48 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default ugg outlet- is it a scam?

hi there everybody, i am completley new to this site. just wondering if anybody has had an experience with the website ugg outlet- i have bought a pair off uggs boots for a very low price of 50 pounds, however i now suspect it is all a scam. i payed for them last sunday but have not recieved them yet. i keep emailing the company but they keep fobbing me off and saying that they have been on holiday and could i give them some more time. has anybody else experienced this and if so what happened? how can i get my money back. all anwsers greatly appreciated. thanks:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
durham_girl
Old 07-10-2009, 8:24 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I would post on this thread, they have a few regulars who can spot a fake ugg/website a mile off!

Also how did you pay?
30/7/10
# 3
MUMMYLOU82
Old 08-10-2009, 1:39 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default uggoutlet-web

i ordered a pair of boots and they never arrived and just like you i am guessing it was a scam as my e-mailes failed to deliver and came back as address doesnt exist.
so yes i wouyld say uggoutlet-web is a scam.
# 4
AnotherMakes3
Old 08-10-2009, 5:46 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

IMO any ugg boots at £50 have got to be fakes or its a scam. If you paid using your credit card contact them and explain you havent received your item and they should be able to chase it up for you.
# 5
pinkshoes
Old 12-10-2009, 8:45 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

If UGG boots retail for over £100, why would anyone sell a genuine pair for just £50?

So yes, you have blatantly been scammed! If it sounds too good to be true...

How did you pay for them? If it wasn't with a credit card, then I'm afraid you'll have to put this down to experience.
It's a shame when the right to freedom of speech is not honoured...
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkshoes For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
nadinerider
Old 12-10-2009, 9:48 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default They are GENUINE

Hi ya,

I have used this website, and i received my GENUINE UGGS.

They really were only £51 and they are real.

Hope you receive yours soon x
# 7
pinkshoes
Old 12-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadinerider View Post
Hi ya,

Hmmm, a brand new squeeky clean registered poster. Suspicious...

20p says they're fake!
It's a shame when the right to freedom of speech is not honoured...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pinkshoes For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
moonrakerz
Old 12-10-2009, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkshoes View Post
Hmmm, a brand new squeeky clean registered poster. Suspicious...

20p says they're fake!
OOOH - you are such a cynic !!
# 9
CHR15
Old 12-10-2009, 5:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadinerider View Post
Hi ya,
If that isn't proof it is a scam I don't know what is!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CHR15 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
Dina B
Old 13-10-2009, 1:01 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default I did!!!!

I bought 2 pairs pf uggs off this site about 2 weeks ago and havent recieved anything!! And everything i email them , i get a response that keeps saying keep waiting and bla bla and the emails are so unprofessional! They are like 3 word sentences with and everything is spelled wrong.!! How do i atleast get my money back! I am so mad!!!!!
# 11
miribeth
Old 23-10-2009, 3:48 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default ugg boots

Hi did you get your boots? I too have ordered a pair and cant even get a reply email - i am soo mad!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy23 View Post
hi there everybody, i am completley new to this site. just wondering if anybody has had an experience with the website ugg outlet- i have bought a pair off uggs boots for a very low price of 50 pounds, however i now suspect it is all a scam. i payed for them last sunday but have not recieved them yet. i keep emailing the company but they keep fobbing me off and saying that they have been on holiday and could i give them some more time. has anybody else experienced this and if so what happened? how can i get my money back. all anwsers greatly appreciated. thanks:rolleyes:
# 12
miribeth
Old 23-10-2009, 3:49 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default ugg boots

I too have ordered a pair and have had no email reply at all - did you get them?
# 13
gnaril
Old 23-10-2009, 5:57 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Just to let you guys know.

THESE ARE ALL FAKE GOODS!!!!!!!!! I deal with this daily at work trying to help people that keep buying fake goods Ugg boots, fake ghds etc on these websites. I mean really girls know how much the real thing costs ( im assuming here). Must be thinking when ordering them they are not going to be real. your not going to get an item for half the retail price or less really in this day and age...... Well i dont think but thats a guy perspective that sees people regulary get duped into these transactions.

The merchant ships the goods from china, the are replica( counterfeit items).

If you have paid on your credit card contact your bank and they will advise you what documentation is required for a chargeback. If you have not got the goods as well as if you have recieved them and unhappy with the quality as they are fake they are poorly made and cause damage with the heel, they have a nasty habbit of collapsing and causing injury......

Remember thou you got 120 days from the date either you ordered the goods or this can be extended to the date that you recieved the goods.

All the best peeps

Go buy real ones i know they cost more but they are worth it, my other half swears by them
The Following User Says Thank You to gnaril For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
meaney1971
Old 27-10-2009, 2:56 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default guess its a scam

ordered a pair of ugg boots from the site on october 5th had no reply to any emails , can not get a number to ring and have not recieved my order. guess its a scam and we have all been ripped off
# 15
solodanceparty
Old 27-10-2009, 5:05 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I did get a pair for about £80, but it was at a well known outlet. Stick with the places you know, I always say.
The Following User Says Thank You to solodanceparty For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
AndreaR
Old 27-10-2009, 9:37 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miribeth View Post
Hi did you get your boots? I too have ordered a pair and cant even get a reply email - i am soo mad!!!
Hey! I was fortunate that I realized as soon as I completed my order with credit card info, etc. and nothing came up on the screen to confirm my order and I didn't receive a confirmation # or anything. So, I sent an email to the "contact us" address, which is an unprofessional email address (gmail)...... I told them who I was and that I placed an order and didn't get a confirmation.....but I thought about it, and immediately called my credit card company and CLOSED my account (within minutes!!!).......but then late at night, I received a very unprofessional reply with typos and improper English.....it started out with "Dear friend"......and it basically said that it must have been a system problem but to give them some time to "find" my order and they will get back to me asap. I assumed they wanted time to rack up charges on my credit card! However, I wasn't worried because my account was already closed. I'm sorry for all of you who were ripped off. There is an FBI website to report this type of fraud.... I was not allowed to put a link in this message, but you can find it easy enough....it's www. ic3 dot gov I was almost going to report it last night but I didn't because I wasn't SURE but after reading this thread, I now know my intuition was correct. Good luck to all of you; hopefully, your credit card company will be able to assist with making you whole.....and maybe if enough of us report this to the FBI, we have these SOB's indicted for fraud!!
# 17
m_13
Old 28-10-2009, 8:45 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

What URL are people talking about in this thread? They're seem to be a lot of sites with ugg outlet in the name.
# 18
meaney1971
Old 02-11-2009, 10:43 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Ugg Outlet .com

well i'll take everything i said about uiggoutlet.com back. i recieved my ugg boots and they are top quality and i would have to say the genuine thing. exteremly pleased ......
# 19
nickyjward
Old 02-11-2009, 5:05 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by christy23 View Post
Hi, I too ordered some Ugg Boots from this website and they have failed to arrive. I placed my order over 2 weeks ago. I have been onto my bank today and they are sending out a form for me to complete to claim monies back. I was charged more than was quoted too!! Good Luck.
# 20
arberj
Old 06-11-2009, 7:49 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

After reading all the threads I am very worried I have ordered Ugg boots from myuggbootoutlet.com in USA I paid via paypal $105.00 and I have received my confirmation but not a tracking number for the postage. I have sent the company a few email but I have not had a response. Has anyone ordered from this site. I ordered my boots on 29/10/09 and thought I would be able to track them by now.