Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Praise, Vent & Warnings > harveys furniture head office telephone number (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
harveys furniture head office telephone number
Views: 28,073
# 1
ilovecheese
Old 06-10-2009, 2:34 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default harveys furniture head office telephone number

Hello Guys

I am having major problems with Harveys, does anybody know the telephone number for the their head office - Amberley House, Purfleet, Thurrock - RM19 1NZ.

I have tried talking to the staff on their normal number 0844 3721000 but it is impossible to have a grown-up conversation. I have been in touch with Harveys head office via e-mail but the staff I talk to on 0844 3721000 will not give me the head office telephone number!! (they say the are not allowed to give out the number!!!)

Any help would really be appriciated!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to ilovecheese For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
ilovecheese
Old 06-10-2009, 2:58 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thanks mrcol1000 I will give it a go!
The Following User Says Thank You to ilovecheese For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
ilovecheese
Old 06-10-2009, 3:02 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Have tried the number, goes straight into a message minder, tried option 0 to get to a receptionist but no joy! They don't want telephone calls at head office!!! Anybody else got their number???
# 4
ilovecheese
Old 06-10-2009, 3:21 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Just to let you know I found the number 01708 869146

It does say on the recorded message that customer service is now dealt with on 0844 3721000 which is the number where the staff know nothing! I hung on and spoke to the reception and asked to speak with Mark (who I have been e-mailing for the last few months) and she said he doesn't work here try calling 0844 3721000 I said I just have called that number and been told Mark works at this number. I get put on hold for a few minutes and then low and behold Mark comes on the line!!! So he is there!

What a bloody nightmare!! Word of caution if you ever want a new sofa - don't order it from Harveys!! Order date 25th May 2009 - still waiting!!!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilovecheese For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
Ash13
Old 14-10-2010, 2:45 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Harveys

I bought a Three and Two seater recliner about 8 months ago from the Greatwestern road store. I was told it was real leather by the sales person so we got it delivered out.. A few weeks ago the leather started to rip and burst and the recliners pop out at the slighters movement on the floor.. I have a 11 month old little girl who has a brain condition therefor if it was to come out and hit her on the head would be very serious. I had an inspecter out thismorning who basicaly told me that it was unrepairable and much to my surprise it isnt even real leather its Vinal and basicaly if we get another it will just do the same thing. So i called the store and spoke with the manager regarding being miss sold the suite as it isnt real leather, i was told i was wrong they would never have told me that and very cheeky.. I called customer services who were of no help at all so i called the number that you had provided and spoke with the receptionisnt who said she would get a manager to phone me back within48 hours after telling her this wasnt good enough and that i had already contacted Trading Standers as well as asking for the Chairman of the Companys name to write a complaint directly to him, I have just had someone called Mike call me within half an hour to say go down to the Greatwestern Store and chose a new Suite just now which will be delivered out for three. So everyone keep digging your heals in and you will get somewhere. I work for a well known Retail Company's head office and believe me when you start to mention the Chairman of the company you are sure to get what you want x x
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ash13 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
stella1980
Old 12-10-2011, 4:38 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi Raindrops/Ilovecheese

Did you have any luck with this as i am in the process of trying to go further with my complaint. I have faulty goods and it has taken 9weeks with no progress so I am still at square one!

Any feedback would be very much appreciated

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to stella1980 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
julest38
Old 13-10-2011, 9:13 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

thank you for posting this email address. We have just had and still having problems with an order from Harveys (we at least have part of the order now), and customer service have been useless!! Will try this to see how far I get.
The Following User Says Thank You to julest38 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
righter
Old 14-10-2011, 2:38 PM
MoneySaving Convert

watchdog...
The Following User Says Thank You to righter For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
tromboneman
Old 21-11-2011, 10:34 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Harveys furniture

I have a similar tale to Ash 13.we bought 2 and 3 seater leather effect sofas from their Bolton store which were delivered in April 2010. this summer a small split appeared on one of the seats which quickly spread. we sent in a claim under the 3 year insurance we had been sold to Guardsman insurance who sent an independent accessor to look at the sofa on September 16th , The splits had multiplied by this time and he said the vinyl had parted company with the lining and he would send his report to Guardsman. After hearing nothing for 2 months I contacted themand was told spare parts had been ordered but nothing further had happened so they would get it sorted. On Friday I received a letter turning down the claim on the grounds that it was n't a sudden accidental tear but a fault in the fabric so was n't covered.I shall now follow your advice and try to contact Harvey's head office and ask for the chairman's name.I shall keep you posted .If i have no joy i shall get onto The Guardian's consumer editors or even someone like Dom Littlewood on the BBC
The Following User Says Thank You to tromboneman For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
craftychris
Old 10-12-2011, 9:43 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I ordered my 3 piece suite from harveys on the 30th of aug this year, and still have not received it, every time i phone customer service they fob me off saying they will be getting in touch with me. Also phoned the shop where i ordered it in plymouth, and still no joy. Im thinking of taking it to watchdog, im so stressed about it all, i have nothing to sit on, as we got rid of our old settee as we renovated the lounge. Please dont not order anything from Harveys.
The Following User Says Thank You to craftychris For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
Micra3
Old 14-12-2011, 1:36 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

OMG I am really worried now! I have come across so much information about Harvey's Furniture I fear that my husband and I have made on gigantic mistake!

We ordered our suite on 12 September 2011 and paid our deposit, two weeks before we moved into our new home on 23 September. The store person who took our order told us that it would take about 6 weeks to get the suite. When she actually placed the order it became 11 weeks. However, she put a note on the system to say 'required urgently'. Luckily we have a copy of that!

After chasing up our order I discovered that somewhere between us placing our order with the store and the store sending the order to 'whoever?- some idiot put a note on our order to say that we didn't require the goods until 28 November. Apparently WE asked them to do this. Yeah right! We love sitting on garden chairs in our lounge - it's so much fun.

After a lot of complaining to Customer Services we 'supposedly' (never got this in writing - or an apology for THEIR !!!! up!) had this error removed from our order. But then - suddenly their was going to be a further two week delay on our delivery. Making it 13 weeks - almost 14 now since we ordered it!

I have had to chase this order so many times it's untrue. We have only ever had one person call us back and it was the store we ordered it from who said that they 'weren't responsible for delays'.

We have been fed so much 'rubbish' that it's untrue. We have received a bucket full of 'Sorries' but no further information. Customer Services are a total waste of time - they just NEVER seek out the information for you or return your calls.

After ringing Trading Standards we sent Harvey's Complaints Dept a recorded delivery letter and it took them 3 weeks to reply which said no more than their Customer Services.. Sorry for the delay!

We have now been told (after my having to chase them AGAIN) our suite is on a crate that came into their depot yesterday (13th December) and that our delivery will take place on 23 December. Needless to say we have got to pay the balance 1k before they will deliver it. I am so scared that once they have the balance we will not see this suite and we have no other funds available to buy anything else once we have paid them! Couldn't sleep last night for worrying about it! We will naturally pay via Credit Card but that isn't the point!

I can only hope that they do deliver but from what I have read and from watching the BBC Watchdog Video online - I have NO FAITH in Harvery's and I suspect, from what I have read, our troubles are not over yet!

BEWARE - get EVERYTHING in WRITING - they deny EVERYTHING!
The Following User Says Thank You to Micra3 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
Fossilfreak
Old 21-12-2011, 9:36 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Glad I'm not the only one having issues!
My gripe is with their Facebook ad - 5% discount for Facebook fans, no provisos given.
Filled my 'basket' with the items I want and couldn't see how to apply the discount. Emailed them and asked.
Reply comes back "what do you want to order?" I thought it a bit odd but told him 2k worth of items from Toulouse range. Reply came back "discount doesn't apply to that range, only to selected items"
I've reported it to ASA and they are currently looking into it. I wouldn't be surprised if no one gets a discount as the items are always not the specified ones!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fossilfreak For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
mma83
Old 24-12-2011, 11:36 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Harveys, a big No from me.

I was working for Harveys as an agency worker up until last week(Only did 1 week as was shocked with what I found also hours didn't suit around childcare)

Firstly, the warehouse the sofas were coming out of has a massive leak and is open to all elements, thus leaving at least half of our lorry, approx 13 delivers for the day, with soaked boxes and some sofas visibly wet after unwrapping.

On my 2nd day(No experience, training or info on proceedures etc) I was left to set up any 3 pieces/recliners etc that needed to be assembled. First delivery had no legs on either of the 2 sofas. 3rd delivery, Driver ripped fabric once sofa was all set up and was just being moved into customers requested position in room(Paying over 1000 and the fabric is that open to damage??)

Another 3 piece didn't slot together properly, was a gap big enough to put your hand down it or as I argued with the driver, for a child to get his leg trapped thus breaking leg/ankle. Apparently, Harveys staff are told to say they just deliver blah blah blah and convince the customer to keep the sofa and phone customer services about any problems....probably knowing once left in their house, refunds are hard to come by.

Looking at some of the furniture, especially the ones where the back(s) are slotted in...build quality is appalling.

Would seriously recommend shoppers to look and research for other suppliers, especially in the Midlands
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mma83 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
fabio20
Old 29-12-2011, 4:04 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs down Mis-sold and poor service

My husband and I purchased a two seater and a single leather rocker reclining suite from Harveys Furniture in Warrington in August 2010. This suite was delivered to us in December 2010 after a considerable delay in delivery. On purchasing the suite, the sales advisor suggested that we may want to take out the additional 3 year extended warranty at a cost of 215.00 which would cover things such as the leather splitting and the mechanisms on the suite. We thought this was a good idea for a peace of mind and purchased this warranty, although we had had our previous suite for 8 years and it never had a mark on it when we sold it on.

In August 2011, the single seat, which I had sat on for the first time and hadn't been sat on previously, was creaking very badly. The arm on one of our two seats on the suite had dropped, almost to floor level. The seat of this same chair seemed to lean onto the left side when it was sat in. As a result, I phoned the Harveys After Sales team and they sent out someone to repair it.

I was at home on this day and the repairer told me to oil the single seat, despite the fact such action would make our warranty void because it would mean us tampering with the furniture and so we did not do this. The repairer did not repair this seat. He turned the two seater and the single seat upside down and said they hadn't been made properly which was why the arm had dropped on the one seat that my husband sometimes sits in. His repair was basically nailing some metal L plates onto the arm/seat to hold it together. I was quite appalled by this poor level of service.

Ever since August, the arm and the seat has been dropping and dropping and the single seat simply doesn't get used because of the noise it makes. We ask guests to sit at the dining table because of the problems with the suite. This month, we've noticed the leather (assumig it is leather) is peeling away in parts of the suite. There is only my husband and myself at home and my husband works 5 days a week and I am bed ridden some 3-4 days a week due to health and disability and so it is obvious that the suite doesn't get much use at all. We phoned Harveys After Sales Team up again this month (December 2011) as we have had enough of this badly made suite and asked them to repair it properly. I spoke to a woman who would only give her name as Rebecca on extension 1031. This woman refused to put me through to a manager, despite me requesting this, as this woman was absolutely no help whatsoever. She told me that the previous report wrote about the repair back in August, suggests that the 'damage' to the furniture is due to wear and tear and not due to faulty goods - even though the repairer had told me that the suite hadn't been put together properly in the first place and the fact he nailed metal L plates to it to hold it together. I could understand if we had children jumping all over the suite and pets that used the furniture, that there would be an element of wear and tear, but given our situation, this type of damage simply does not and should not have happened to the suite in this short space of time. This woman has told us that our furniture is not covered for wear and tear.

I obtained the phone number for the insurers from the store from which we bought the sofa, seeing as we had paid for this. I explained to the insurers that the broken arm/seat is on ongoing fault as is the creaking single seat which clearly has a mechanical problem and expained that the leather was peeling away in parts of the suite. They told me that the mechanics are NOT covered in the insurance policy. They told me to check the policy. We have never received the policy. All we have is the receipt showing we had paid for this. We were categorically told that the insurance covered the leather and the mechanics so both my husband and I feel like we've been mislead into buying this policy and therefore it has been missold to us. The insurers have offered to repair the leather, but will not repair the mechanics on the single seat or the dropped arm/seat on the suite.

I am, unfortunately, on benefits and am disabled. That was the whole purpose of buying a high backed suite with a recliner - so that I could recline with my back and neck supported. Instead we have furniture which is not, in its current state, fit for purpose. No suite should be that poorly made that it has such problems in less than a year. We have now had to borrow money from my husband's parents in order to have an independent upholsterer come out to write a report on the condition of this suite as Harveys store, Harveys after sales and their insurers are taking no responsibility at all for the fact this suite is clearly faulty. I have no idea how much this is going to cost us, but this is additional money we cannot afford. We took the warranty out for peace of mind. We saved for years to buy the suite in the first place.

My husband and I am absolutely appalled by the way Harveys have brushed us aside. Their workmanship and customer service is, quite simply, shocking. We have since read reports online and it seems this is a common issue with this company. I have now had to contact Consumer Direct who have told me that they will send a report to Trading Standards on our behalf for the mis-selling of goods under the Sales of Goods Act. I am waiting on an appointment with Citizens Advice and if I get no joy with having the suite repaired, will have to consider legal action against the company.

For anyone thinking of buying a suite, our previous suite was from CSL and we had no problems with the suite or with their service and who I would recommend over Harveys anyday.
The Following User Says Thank You to fabio20 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
fabio20
Old 29-12-2011, 4:18 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Micra3 - If you have not had this delivered, I would strongly advise that you cancel this order, obtain a full refund on the deposit you paid and shop elsewhere. I appreciate this will be a huge inconvenience to you, but we have a suite that we can't use, nor will they repair. We are now going through the legalities of the Sale of Goods Act bit at a time, but are aware this process could be dragged out by Harveys for months. It is the first and last time, I will ever use this company.
The Following User Says Thank You to fabio20 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
Harveys Furniture company representative
Old 21-01-2012, 8:44 PM
Has MSEs permission to post for company
MoneySaving Convert

Hello there! That email address is out of action I'm afraid, but you can email me directly and I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for you. My email address is in my profile. please remember to give me your full name and order number or the store where you purchased any goods from and I'll make sure that I reply and get this dealt with as a priority.

thanks,

Liz
Official Company Representative
I am the official company representative of Harveys Furniture. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
The Following User Says Thank You to Harveys Furniture company representative For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
tonyb007
Old 22-01-2012, 10:18 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Hoping for a quick resolution...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveys Furniture company representative View Post
Hello there! That email address is out of action I'm afraid, but you can email me directly and I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for you. My email address is in my profile. please remember to give me your full name and order number or the store where you purchased any goods from and I'll make sure that I reply and get this dealt with as a priority.

thanks,

Liz
Thanks for the reply Liz.

I'll put together an email and send it shortly...also I noticed that for some reason my initial post you replied to seems to have been removed??

Thanks in advance anyway and hopefully you can get my issue resolved...

Regards,
Tony
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyb007 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
tonyb007
Old 23-01-2012, 10:17 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Well, Liz has kept to her word and customer services have contacted me today - wasn't the manager, but "Adam" is going to review the issue and get back to me tomorrow...
# 19
gin_n_tonic
Old 24-01-2012, 12:17 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

its always best to put complaints in writing
The Following User Says Thank You to gin_n_tonic For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
tonyb007
Old 26-01-2012, 11:49 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Well, unfortunately, still no reply...