Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 4
    • Catpuss66
    • By Catpuss66 5th Sep 13, 7:24 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Catpuss66
    Had my old metal bath resurfaced by renubath about 8 yrs ago cost £250 has lasted well but now colour is staining and the surround of the bath is peeling. Not sure wether to have a new bath or have it redone again? Is there anything new on the market?
    • Catpuss66
    • By Catpuss66 24th Sep 14, 9:20 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Catpuss66
    God I started this thread in 2006, had the bath done by renu bath was good probably lasted about 5 years, now starting to chip and is discoloured but it gave me some breathing space...so in all was good thing to do at the time.
  • elizka44
    bath re-enamel
    can anyone help?
    do you know any good but not over priced company who can restore our bath, please?
    its a nice bath just need a nice touch with paint.
    many thanks
    • OSWS
    • By OSWS 10th Jan 15, 11:51 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    OSWS
    can anyone help?
    do you know any good but not over priced company who can restore our bath, please?
    its a nice bath just need a nice touch with paint.
    many thanks
    Originally posted by elizka44
    Where abouts are you based, Elizka? If in the South of England near Hampshire you could try Steph. at Bath Angel (bathangel.co.uk) depending on the type of repair/resurfacing work you want done exactly?
  • daifromwales
    Sanding the bath
    When I last looked at this thread, someone asked about problems sanding the bath. This was my reply - but the original message has now vanished!

"It sounds like you are expecting too much. You don't need to remove original finish - you'll never succeed by sanding. All you are supposed to do is to remove all the surface gloss (and ingrained dirt) so as to provide a fresh surface for the new paint to stick to. So wear a dust mask, use an electric sander (Tubby sell an abrasive disc to fit in an electric drill) or do it the hard way by hand. (Oh - and use ear plugs with a drill!)
    I am about to re-do our bath with a new Tubby kit after about 10 years. Most of it is as new, but some damage from dropping shower head wasn't repaired so bits started to flake. Use a cheap plastic shower head in future!
    I am hoping the new paint will stick to the good old stuff. Nitromors is next to useless now it has been made safe by Regulations. Does anybody have experience of over-coating?
    Also it is worth removing any metalwork if you can.
    Last edited by daifromwales; 10-08-2015 at 6:53 PM. Reason: original question vanished!
  • daifromwales
    Sanding
    Sounds like you are expecting too much.
    All you need do is remove the original surface gloss with any ingrained dirt.
    You don't need to try to get back to bare metal. You'd take months to do that just by sanding. You've almost certainly done more than enough already as long as you've gone over the entire surface.
    • Mark0987654321
    • By Mark0987654321 15th Feb 16, 10:43 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mark0987654321
    I will recommend this company to my friends!
    pabrec.co.uk
    I will recommend this company to my friends!
    No dust or smell, it’s a perfect job!
    White, smooth and looks exactly like new!
    • Mark0987654321
    • By Mark0987654321 15th Feb 16, 10:45 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mark0987654321
    hi
    Hi.
    Bath Resurfacing from £210
    pabrec.co.uk
    My bathtub was reanimated, it’s snow-white and smooth again!
    • csbc
    • By csbc 23rd Jun 16, 11:00 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    csbc
    I can't recommend Diamond Gleam. They did a cast iron bath for us about 3 years back and it looked lovely. It only gets used about once a month by grandchildren, so it has had the equivalent of a month or two of normal use.
    There is now a crack around the chrome waste, as they enamelled over the join. They say we should have un-plumbed it first [but did not tell us to do this before]. It would have been easy to do as it is free-standing and had only just been put back in place after re-flooring.
    They are very upfront saying they would not repair it even if we paid!
    • Bathfix
    • By Bathfix 2nd Aug 16, 3:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bathfix
    I run a bath resurfacing company cover the same area and I am surprised at the comment regarding one of my competitors. They have a good reputation.
    • ndcroft
    • By ndcroft 17th Oct 16, 4:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ndcroft
    Cost
    Hi There,

I got my bath resurfaced by Superior Bath Repair and they were very professional and did an outstanding job. Worth every penny.
    • Joe41
    • By Joe41 25th Oct 16, 11:44 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joe41
    restore our bath
    If you are from area Chicago, I recommend aprefinishing.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,149Posts Today

7,687Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • MSE weekly email: Soap&Glory, Urgent 2YR cheap energy, free Tesco pts, cheap Easyjet, free TSB £100, £52 Ray-Bans https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's twitter poll: Is it acceptable to use bad grammar in tweets in order to reduce character length?

• RT @danny_murphoo: @MartinSLewis Just switched to Flow energy. Saving £340 a year!! So easy, thanks a million!!

• Follow Martin