Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Rockporkchop
    Smart Car parking
    • 24th Sep 09, 11:16 AM
    Smart Car parking 24th Sep 09 at 11:16 AM
    Does anyone know if it is legal to park Smart cars sideways, i.e. back-in parking in otherwise parallel parking zones? Do any of you park like this?

I have just bought a Smart car for commuting and used to see many other Smarts parked in this way but lately haven't see any. Is this because it is no longer legal to park this way or is it just because of the problems this causes, such as people parking so close you can't actually open the door to get into the car.

I have done some searching but can't find much information, not even on the Smart website, and even Smart themselves wouldn't give me a definite answer.

Many thanks in advance.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

208Posts Today

1,640Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On train home from Birmingham. Had dinner by the canal there this evening. Lovely area, very sunny and picturesque.

• Fantastic run by new UK star Zharnell Hughes in @BritAthletics #BritishChamps 200m.I was v proud to present the medal http://t.co/sSSXpM1SBZ

• Ok a wee bit chuffed. Just been asked if I'd like to present a medal at #Britishchamps, someone is now missing a hand as I bit it off!

• Follow Martin