Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    WavyDavy
    Lambert Pugh solicitors - anyone dealt with them?
    • 8th May 06, 6:26 PM
    Lambert Pugh solicitors - anyone dealt with them? 8th May 06 at 6:26 PM
    Hi all, just had an offer accepted on a house and am looking to instruct a solictor.
    Did a lot of shopping around and got the best quote from Lambert Pugh in Norwich (FTB, Freehold, Purchase price of £165,000 - quote including all disbursements and stamp duty @ £2,105).

Does anyone have any experience of dealing with this company and if yes then what were your experiences?

Thanks
Page 3
    • 3mph
    • By 3mph 20th Aug 17, 3:14 PM
    • 197 Posts
    • 217 Thanks
    3mph
    [QUOTE=Richard Webster;42821302]Lets unpack the figures. He is buying for £165,000 and we know how much the SDLT and the Land Registry Fee will be.

£2,105 less £1,650 SDLT is £455

£1650 Stamp Duty on £165000 purchase price shouldn't it be £800?
    • Andrea Hazelton
    • By Andrea Hazelton 25th Aug 17, 2:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Andrea Hazelton
    As succinctly put by other genuine reviewers, the amount of stress, delays and subsequent anguish caused by this company are not worth the financial savings.

As soon as they received our money, they did nothing. My partner and I had to chase on numerous occasions as no-one could get hold of Ashley Roe including the purchasers solicitors. Voicemails were never replied to. There were unnecessary delays and our purchasers Solicitor was at least 2 weeks ahead of Ashley Roe. At one point, we were in danger of losing our sale, and what should have been a straight forward process, ended up being incredibly difficult. I complained to Ashley Roe who was rude, belligerent, then put me on loud speaker phone (without my permission) and ridiculed me. Therefore, I complained to Ashley Roe's 'Team Leader' Liam Wallace who told me in no uncertain terms that any complaint I raised would not be taken seriously. I emailed Liam Wallace just today to (again) chase the update of our completion, only to receive another rude email from him. I don't think they can help themselves.

Simply put, if you use Lambert Pugh, be prepared for lazy, excuse-making incompetence.
    • mandm65
    • By mandm65 13th Nov 17, 5:43 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    mandm65
    Lambert Pugh
    Hi Guys
    After reading mixed reviews on Lambert Pugh here I was undecided whether to engage for the sale or not?
    As I was struggling to form a conclusion, a lot of negative comments were from relatively new posters, so I thought letís be brave and put this subject to rest.
    I have been using this forum for quite some time and thought letís use this platform to give an accurate review of their service, I will keep you guys posted as we make progress. Its relatively simple transaction, small chain and we are all trying to complete before Xmas. I know it might be challenging but we are all determined.
    Feel free to chime in as you see fit.
    Cheers
    • mandm65
    • By mandm65 1st Dec 17, 10:53 AM
    • 539 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    mandm65
    Update:
    Got my pack delivered through the post within 5 working days, returned the pack and now waiting for the next course of action, so far so good.
    • nicos42
    • By nicos42 1st Dec 17, 11:21 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    nicos42
    Yes dealing with them now and very concern how slow they are. Might be loosing a great house so I m considering paying double for a fast track local solicitor
    • mandm65
    • By mandm65 5th Dec 17, 2:34 PM
    • 539 Posts
    • 60 Thanks
    mandm65
    Update:
    Received email confirmation that draft contract send to buyer’s solicitor for their approval, so far so good.
    Next Step, wait for the pre-contract enquiries, if any!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,215Posts Today

5,875Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• Follow Martin