Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    b_allcott1976
    A Money Saving Wedding - A challenge
    • 14th Sep 09, 11:59 AM
    A Money Saving Wedding - A challenge 14th Sep 09 at 11:59 AM
    Well at 33 I have finally decided to take the plunge into married life and after reviewing these boards for quite a while but not taking any action I thought what better way to introduce myself to the board by setting myself a challenge.

I dont want to get into the in's and out's of you can do a wedding cheaper etc, (This might not be in the spirit of things!) but more around using the techniques on here to raise the funds to have a excellent day at a cost of almost 0.

So the challenge is - Getting Married June 2011
    Raise - 18,000 to pay for everything from The engagement ring to Honeymoon
    Using - Only tried and tested ideas from moneysavers tips etc (Matched Betting) & Bonuses from work roughly 1200 a Quarter.

I will try and post as often as possible and use as many tips and techniques that you can provide over the coming 18 months or so.

Here is what I believe will be my costs roughly

Venue 7,000 (Inc Food)
    Engagment Ring + Wedding Rings 1200
    Flowers 700
    Honey Moon 3000
    Registrar - 450
    Car Hire - 350
    Whistle and Flutes - 600
    Dress - 1000
    Band Hire - 500
    Disco - 300
    Bridesmaids - 500
    Stag Do - 700 - Inc Spending
    Hen Do - 700 - Inc Spending

Clearly not everything listed as I will be able to make favours and that myself as well as invites

So i thank you all in advance for your support advice and comments and look forward to reaching the total.

Anyone else planning there wedding are more than welcome to post there updates or join in the challenge

Regards

BA1976
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,237Posts Today

8,993Users online

Martin's Twitter