Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    rainman66
    Get a rebate on your sewerage rates charges
    • 4th May 06, 2:05 PM
    Get a rebate on your sewerage rates charges 4th May 06 at 2:05 PM
    Here's a good one. Did you know that if your house's rainwater pipes are not connected to any sewer (i.e. only to a ground water soakaway) you can get a rate reduction on the waste discharge part of your water rates.

Thames Water automatically assume you are connected to their system and charge you for processing rainwater falling onto your property and then on into their system. I'd guess the rest do the same. There are 100,000's of houses up and down the country, in towns and city as well as more commonly in rural areas that have no rainwater conenction. It tends to be on older properties but new estates also have communial soakaways too.

They don't advertise you can get this discount. I contacted Thames Water and got a 17 per annum rebate. Took one phone call to do it.

Easy money saved.
Page 5
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

749Posts Today

5,134Users online

Martin's Twitter