Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • chalky 75
    • By chalky 75 5th Sep 09, 9:45 PM
    • 2,488 Posts
    • 15,059 Thanks
    chalky 75
    • 5th Sep 09, 9:45 PM
    • 5th Sep 09, 9:45 PM
    Don't bother using any!! I often pop a capful of white vinegar in mine-- It dosnt smaell but softens the towels beautifully
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • sparklygemster
    • 5th Sep 09, 9:50 PM
    • 5th Sep 09, 9:50 PM
    Don't bother using any!! I often pop a capful of white vinegar in mine-- It dosnt smaell but softens the towels beautifully
    Originally posted by chalky 75
    i have used vinegar before....but its not taking anything at all out of that part of the drawer
  • jillymit
    • 5th Sep 09, 10:01 PM
    • 5th Sep 09, 10:01 PM
    Can you get the draw right out to clean it?
    Mine often gets bunged up and you have to run the hot tap over it and poke about the nooks and crannies with a cotton bud.
    (the washing machine draw i mean!)
  • sparklygemster
    • 5th Sep 09, 10:02 PM
    • 5th Sep 09, 10:02 PM
    Can you get the draw right out to clean it?
    Mine often gets bunged up and you have to run the hot tap over it and poke about the nooks and crannies with a cotton bud.
    (the washing machine draw i mean!)
    Originally posted by jillymit
    Yes i have already done that
    • delain
    • By delain 5th Sep 09, 10:03 PM
    • 7,494 Posts
    • 16,764 Thanks
    delain
    • 5th Sep 09, 10:03 PM
    • 5th Sep 09, 10:03 PM
    i use an old toothbrush to clean the drawer of my washing machine, it should just pop out.

Seriously, if you end up replacing it, you get what you pay for and beko is not the answer x

Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession
    • jfdi
    • By jfdi 5th Sep 09, 10:21 PM
    • 925 Posts
    • 1,404 Thanks
    jfdi
    • 5th Sep 09, 10:21 PM
    • 5th Sep 09, 10:21 PM
    Take the drawer out again - sorry! - and beg or borrow a long thin bristle brush http://www.pazyryk.co.uk/acatalog/brushes.jpg like the little one there!

Run the unit under the tap & have a good poke about up the gappy outlets underneath.

When I did it to mine (same reason) this big horrible gloop of black gunge came out - and it worked brilliantly afterwards!
    • frogglet
    • By frogglet 6th Sep 09, 10:52 AM
    • 301 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    frogglet
    • 6th Sep 09, 10:52 AM
    • 6th Sep 09, 10:52 AM
    It is probably the hole where the water comes in rather than the drawer
    so as has been said take out the drawer and have a poke about in the space where the jet is I used a toothbrush and a cocktail stick.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,299Posts Today

7,398Users online

Martin's Twitter