Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • convex_concave
    • 3rd Sep 09, 11:57 PM
    • 3rd Sep 09, 11:57 PM
    No it won't cost anymore, Isle of Wight is in the UK and it doesn't cost anything extra to send there
    • RFW
    • By RFW 4th Sep 09, 1:05 AM
    • 8,158 Posts
    • 4,794 Thanks
    RFW
    • 4th Sep 09, 1:05 AM
    • 4th Sep 09, 1:05 AM
    Does it cost more to post to Isle of Wight? I've just had 3 items sell to a buyer there,need to send invoice ASAP but unsure if it costs more. I do state on page that postage costs are for U.K mainland only,and if elsewhere please contact for quote.:confused: Thanks!
    Originally posted by niknaknoo1982
    If Royal Mail it is the same, as is all postage for UK, including all the islands (and in most cases Channel Islands). Unless you are sending by courier there is no reason to charge extra for non mainland UK.

Most couriers don't charge any extra for Isle of Wight anyway, its one of the few exceptions.
    • mrcol1000
    • By mrcol1000 4th Sep 09, 8:05 AM
    • 3,782 Posts
    • 3,331 Thanks
    mrcol1000
    • 4th Sep 09, 8:05 AM
    • 4th Sep 09, 8:05 AM
    Actually a number of smaller couriers do charge extra for the Isle Of Wight. The bigger ones have agents on the Island who pick up from the ferry for delivery so don't charge any extra. Royal Mail don't charge any extra though and Isle Of Wight does count as UK Mainland. I thought that the only places exculded from "UK Mainland" were extreme Scottish islands and channel Islands?
    • RFW
    • By RFW 4th Sep 09, 9:48 AM
    • 8,158 Posts
    • 4,794 Thanks
    RFW
    • 4th Sep 09, 9:48 AM
    • 4th Sep 09, 9:48 AM
    Royal Mail don't charge any extra though and Isle Of Wight does count as UK Mainland. I thought that the only places exculded from "UK Mainland" were extreme Scottish islands and channel Islands?
    Originally posted by mrcol1000
    Not with Royal Mail, only Channel Islands are excluded on some services (Standard Parcels from memory).
  • cyberbob
    • 4th Sep 09, 9:52 AM
    • 4th Sep 09, 9:52 AM
    I thought that the only places exculded from "UK Mainland" were extreme Scottish islands and channel Islands?
    Originally posted by mrcol1000
    The Scottish Islands (yes all of them) and Northern Island all have the same Royal mail Rates and Parcelforce rates as the rest of the U.K>
    • RFW
    • By RFW 4th Sep 09, 5:36 PM
    • 8,158 Posts
    • 4,794 Thanks
    RFW
    • 4th Sep 09, 5:36 PM
    • 4th Sep 09, 5:36 PM
    The Scottish Islands (yes all of them) and Northern Island all have the same Royal mail Rates and Parcelforce rates as the rest of the U.K>
    Originally posted by cyberbob
    It depends how you pay Parcelforce, if you are on a contract they have a surcharge for highlands and islands (except Isle of Wight!). The price via Paypal is a flat rate for all the UK.
  • cyberbob
    • 4th Sep 09, 6:31 PM
    • 4th Sep 09, 6:31 PM
    It depends how you pay Parcelforce, if you are on a contract they have a surcharge for highlands and islands (except Isle of Wight!). The price via Paypal is a flat rate for all the UK.
    Originally posted by RFW
    Thats what I meant non contract parcelforce.
  • niknaknoo1982
    • 4th Sep 09, 11:57 PM
    • 4th Sep 09, 11:57 PM
    Thanks for all the replies!
    If google doesn't know it, how should i?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

416Posts Today

4,255Users online

Martin's Twitter