IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Wembley Arena Parking
Closed Thread
Views: 76,351
# 1
WOW Factor 0
solarstone
Old 02-05-2006, 3:36 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Wembley Arena Parking

Not sure this is the right area for this but I'll fire away.

What is the best parking around Wembley arena for ease of access and getaway regardless of the price (not really moneysaving either !!).

ta
Like a priceless jewel buried in dark layers of soil and stone, earth radiates her brilliant beauty into the caverns of space and time.

Stately trees seem to brush the deep blue sky. Clouds billow to form magestic peaks. The songs of birds fill the air creating symphony upon symphony
# 2
tanith
Old 02-05-2006, 4:02 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

There is parking at the Arena but of course if you park onsite you will have the usual exit problems... Around about the Wembley area there are residants parking only so I wouldn't think you would be able to park in the local streets..
I am trying to think if there are any private car parks locally but with all the building works going on at present I am not sure what is still open and what is inaccessable now... sorry this really isn't much help.....
The Following User Says Thank You to tanith For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
tonys
Old 02-05-2006, 4:04 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

You didn't say when you were going there or at what time.
On Empire Way in front of the Arena part of the road has single yellow lines where you can park all day free on Sundays.
The Arena and Conference Centre are surrounded by multi storey carparks that charge £6 per day. The hard bit is trying to leave at the same time as everyone else. Allow an hour to get out.
The Following User Says Thank You to tonys For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
Lady S
Old 02-05-2006, 7:52 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I have always parked in Wembaly Park train station car park, and walked through, last time I went it cost me 3.00 to park, and while it is a bit of a walk ( about a mile) we were out and on the M1 in no time at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady S For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
solarstone
Old 03-05-2006, 12:05 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Cool thanks for those. It's 12th May in the evening for Santana. I think the railway station idea seems good... will give that a go.

cheers
Like a priceless jewel buried in dark layers of soil and stone, earth radiates her brilliant beauty into the caverns of space and time.

Stately trees seem to brush the deep blue sky. Clouds billow to form magestic peaks. The songs of birds fill the air creating symphony upon symphony
# 6
carpy
Old 14-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

i'm going to wembley on saturday morning to tour the stadium (11.30am) and then see the snooker at the arena (2pm).

is there anywhere in that vicinity i can park for free? i don't mind a 15-20 minute walk away?

the railway station sounds good if it's only 3 but any other cheap or free alternatives?

thanks
# 7
seftonsun
Old 14-01-2008, 12:06 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys View Post
You didn't say when you were going there or at what time.
On Empire Way in front of the Arena part of the road has single yellow lines where you can park all day free on Sundays.
The Arena and Conference Centre are surrounded by multi storey carparks that charge £6 per day. The hard bit is trying to leave at the same time as everyone else. Allow an hour to get out.
You can normally park on Empire Way in the evenings as well as Sunday's. Must be a long time since you were there, as the Conference Centre has been demolished and is now a building site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady S View Post
I have always parked in Wembaly Park train station car park, and walked through, last time I went it cost me £3.00 to park, and while it is a bit of a walk ( about a mile) we were out and on the M1 in no time at all.
It's closer to a half mile from Wembley Park station car park. Probably seems further?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpy View Post
i'm going to wembley on saturday morning to tour the stadium (11.30am) and then see the snooker at the arena (2pm).

is there anywhere in that vicinity i can park for free? i don't mind a 15-20 minute walk away?

the railway station sounds good if it's only £3 but any other cheap or free alternatives?

thanks
You'll be lucky. Wembley has controlled parking at all times that becomes even more restricted and extensive on event days. Take the station car park option and walk to the stadium straight down Olympic Way. The station is only £1 for all day on Saturday. See the TfL website for details. Scroll down to Jubilee Line for Wembley Park station.

There is also info on getting to Wembley Stadium in their leaflet that you can read here .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seftonsun For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
Paulrstu
Old 14-07-2008, 9:03 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Parking in any London borough is bad these days and most have match or event day restrictions. www.wembleycarpark.co.uk which I used to work for and know of through parkatmyhouse (see post above) has some good tips.
# 9
MikePapafio
Old 07-08-2008, 3:13 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

There are a lot of people illegally using car parks around this area and then disappearing when the clamping/removal trucks come around. Be very weary. The park at my house suggestion is good and most times without any problems but sometimes a pain to organise if it's last minute.

Three other websites that are tried and tested are:

http://www.wembleyparking.net
http://www.csparking.com
http://www.parkingwembley.com

I think the http://www.csparking.com is the official parking for Wembley, the only problem with them is the traffic leaving and 15 for Wembley arena events and no parking on Wembley stadium events!

The http://www.wembleyparking.net is 8 an event on Wembley arena events and 25 on Wembley stadium events. It says they are insured and opposite stadium.

The http://www.parkingwembley.com seems to only have events listed for the Wembley stadium events and is pricing at 25. Says only a short walk and says the website is secure (shouldn't they all be?).

Either way you can't go wrong with any of those listed by me and the other posters they are all well known.
The Following User Says Thank You to MikePapafio For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
boombap
Old 07-08-2008, 5:43 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

There's a snooker tournament at Wembley this Saturday??
# 11
carpy
Old 07-08-2008, 5:49 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by squee View Post
There's a snooker tournament at Wembley this Saturday??
errr...........no!!!!
# 12
boombap
Old 07-08-2008, 6:02 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Didn't think so but I thought you said you were going to see "snooker at the arena (2pm)"...... I guess you're on about another Saturday
# 13
jebervic
Old 07-08-2008, 6:47 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

best to avoid parking at Wembley, personally I always park at in a street very close to Stanmore Stn (free of charge) and catch the Jubilee line tube straight to Wembley, stress free !
# 14
wembleycarpark
Old 07-09-2008, 9:55 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Wembley Car Park

Mike is spot on. We offer parking at Wembley and have repeatedly complained to trading standards and Brent Council about characters wearing high viz jackets proclaiming "Official Parking" directing people to park illegally and taking cash no receipts then disappearing after the game. www.wembleycarpark.co.uk is our address - we exist! Maybe Brent and Trading Standards will react eventually rather than profit from clamping and ticketing people who have been misled as to what is legal parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePapafio View Post
There are a lot of people illegally using car parks around this area and then disappearing when the clamping/removal trucks come around. Be very weary. The park at my house suggestion is good and most times without any problems but sometimes a pain to organise if it's last minute.

Three other websites that are tried and tested are:

http://www.wembleyparking.net
http://www.csparking.com
http://www.parkingwembley.com

I think the http://www.csparking.com is the official parking for Wembley, the only problem with them is the traffic leaving and 15 for Wembley arena events and no parking on Wembley stadium events!

The http://www.wembleyparking.net is 8 an event on Wembley arena events and 25 on Wembley stadium events. It says they are insured and opposite stadium.

The http://www.parkingwembley.com seems to only have events listed for the Wembley stadium events and is pricing at 25. Says only a short walk and says the website is secure (shouldn't they all be?).

Either way you can't go wrong with any of those listed by me and the other posters they are all well known.
# 15
Saint_Chris
Old 07-09-2008, 1:08 PM

When we went to wembley last week for the rugby league cup final.

we used this site

http://www.parkatmyhouse.com/

it is people who rent there drives out. I chose one which was a 15 min walk away from wembley and paid 10 to park there.

When we arrived at the ladies house, she offered us the use of her toilet,which a few of us were glad of, and she had chilled water for us, as it was a red hot day.

Took 15 mins to walk past asda to wembley and after the game it was so nice not to have to rush off, to get a coach or off a car-park.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saint_Chris For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
bobnodgers
Old 09-07-2010, 5:09 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Ive had many bad experiences with wembley stadium paking but i did find a great place to park last time and the attendants are patrolling for the whole event and they have toilets and place to freshen up. Well worth the 20 quid for hassle free parking and its only a 5 minute walk from the stadium and 4 minutes to get out onto the A406. I forget the full name of the company but i think its WembleyClickAndPark
# 17
bobnodgers
Old 16-07-2010, 9:31 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnodgers View Post
I forget the full name of the company but i think its WembleyClickAndPark
I remember the site now you can find it at Wembley Stadium Parking
# 18
whatmichaelsays
Old 16-07-2010, 10:19 AM

When I've been to Wembley it's usually been the plan to park at Hillingdon Tube Station. Straight onto the A40 / M25 afterwards.

Costs about 5 to park all day + tube fare.
The Following User Says Thank You to whatmichaelsays For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
danroach
Old 07-09-2010, 10:57 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Wembley Parking

if cost is not an option there are a few websites that allows you find
wembley stadium & arena parking at convinient locations.

The one we use when we travel down to Wembley events is:

stadiumcarparks.co.uk
# 20
geordieracer
Old 07-09-2010, 12:33 PM

If you dont want to park somewhere right by wembley and want to be away quickly you can park at West Ruislip or Denham and get the frequent trains in and out - more trains on event days too.
one of the famous 5
Closed Thread