Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Credit Cards > New Barclaycard Website - Statement Download Prob... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
New Barclaycard Website - Statement Download Problems
Closed Thread
Views: 1,771
# 1
356speedster
Old 29-08-2009, 4:46 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Unhappy New Barclaycard Website - Statement Download Problems

Calling all Barclaycard & MS Money users.... has anyone else had problems downloading their statements since their website upgrade?

I use MS Money 2006 and have always downloaded my BC statements from their website, straight into Money (OFX file format), without any problems.

However, since their website upgrade, OFX file formats seem to be invlaid (I have analysed them with some 3rd party tools) and can't be read by Money.... then their QIF format just downloads EVERY txn as a debit, even if it's really a credit!

Has anyone else found this? More importantly, has anyone found a fix? BC's feedback page won't let me send a message, so I'm going to attempt a phone call, but I suspect the usual muppet operators won't have a clue!
# 2
apr11
Old 07-10-2009, 2:36 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I have had the same problem and every time I call they just tell me they are still working out some problems. In truth, I think they have NO idea what I'm talking about. Any luck finding a fix?
# 3
isitenough
Old 07-10-2009, 3:52 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Never thought of downloading them! OH always used to print them out to copy (and then shred finely) but now they won't print properly as to fit them on the page they come out so small it's hard to read! Why do people fiddle with things that aren't broken?!!
Thank you to everyone who posts comps!
I would like to be lucky,healthy & happy in 2014!
# 4
356speedster
Old 08-10-2009, 4:08 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

BC are completely flippin' usless. I called them and as per other comments, they said they were working on it, but to be honest I don't believe them. Instead, I've build an XL doc that will take in the CSV data (which does download off their website OK) and then at the click of a button save it out in a working QIF format. An extra 60secs off my life each time, but allows me to import into Money again. I doubt they'll sort it anytime soon, so my workaround does the job.
# 5
apr11
Old 21-10-2009, 5:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Completely flippin' useless is an understatement. I have just called again and have only ended up exasperated! Arrrgghhhhh! Do they KNOW how useless they are?
# 6
mbailey
Old 10-11-2011, 7:33 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I've just moved over to Barclaycard from Egg and just tried to do the OFX download into Ms Money and surprise it doesn't work.

Rather worrying that this thread was noticed 2 years ago and still doesn't seem to be fixed!

I did an QIF download and that seemed to work ok for the recent transactions.

How are people using Barclaycard with Ms Money today?
# 7
356speedster
Old 10-11-2011, 8:11 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbailey View Post
I've just moved over to Barclaycard from Egg and just tried to do the OFX download into Ms Money and surprise it doesn't work.

Rather worrying that this thread was noticed 2 years ago and still doesn't seem to be fixed!

I did an QIF download and that seemed to work ok for the recent transactions.

How are people using Barclaycard with Ms Money today?
Nope, they never fixed it, so like you I use the QIF D/L. It works to that fine, but the fact that's it's been knackered for 2yrs summs up BarclayCard. It's now reduced to my backup card only.
Closed Thread