IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Half price sky multi room
Closed Thread
Views: 7,000
# 1
joey123
Old 20-08-2009, 10:49 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Half price sky multi room

Hi, ive just called sky to cancel my multi room , i was offered 6mths half price multi room and a free remote control for it as ours is broken, so was very pleased 5 a mth im not complaining.
Im also currently getting money of my normal subcription so it doesnt effect any other discounts.
2008 WINS
PS3 AND GAME DS LITE GAME DVD BOX SET
DEAL OR NO DEAL GAME SO FAR SO GOOD
The Following User Says Thank You to joey123 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
skintsaver
Old 20-08-2009, 1:43 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

how did you get money off your normal subscription because i got my multiroom for 4.95 a month forever but they wont drop the subscription price
If your happy and you know it clap your hands
The Following User Says Thank You to skintsaver For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
cheekypepe
Old 20-08-2009, 1:54 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I can't even get multi-room for 4.95! They will only give it me for 9.95 - that will teach me to be with them for over 10 years!
The Following User Says Thank You to cheekypepe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
Beanbag
Old 20-08-2009, 2:13 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypepe View Post
I can't even get multi-room for 4.95! They will only give it me for 9.95 - that will teach me to be with them for over 10 years!
Hi you can only get multi room for 4.95 if you have the basic package, anything above and it's full price!
The Following User Says Thank You to Beanbag For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
cheekypepe
Old 20-08-2009, 2:27 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thats typical Sky - the more you pay the less you get!
The Following User Says Thank You to cheekypepe For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
LeeSouthEast
Old 20-08-2009, 2:35 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I was due to have half-price multiroom for a year (we took out 2 multirooms), I noticed the !!!!!!s only did it for the first month last week.

Why am I not surprised? lol
Starting Debt: ~20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009
Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeeSouthEast For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
iceage3
Old 20-08-2009, 3:10 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

i have been with sky for 10 yrs and its about time they got rid off multiroom

they got rid off sky plus charges

and not only that they charged me 65 for a bloke too change a remote control

and off course there customer service is rubbish

i rang up and said "i want too get rid off the movie channels " and they was saying would your kids miss it all the family movies trying to bribe me.

why cant u have a service where u go down in price ,i can go up in subscription ie get movies sports but u have to ring them up to go down in price.

rant over the only thing whats good is the sports and would miss that if we got rid off.
The Following User Says Thank You to iceage3 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
guinness34
Old 20-08-2009, 3:35 PM
MoneySaving Convert

why is it that new customer get more that thouse of us that stay with them
# 9
code-a-holic
Old 20-08-2009, 6:35 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

The half price muliroom is called multi room lite. Its advertised in Wales for new and old customers. Very easy to get - advertised in wales due to switchover just happened.
# 10
joey123
Old 20-08-2009, 6:42 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi, im not on a basic package ive got movies and so on, i got 25% off my normal bill for 6mths, i just rang asked to cancel my sky package due to credit crunch straight away i was offered 25%off for 6mths.
And today i rang went to cancel my multi room, and offered straight away with half price multiroom for 6mths.
Ive been with sky for over 6 years and every few mths when i phone to cancel i normaly get offers to stay with them.
Good luck all xx
2008 WINS
The Following User Says Thank You to joey123 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
bubble098
Old 20-08-2009, 6:44 PM
MoneySaving Convert

hi all - just quick question about half price multi rooms offers... did you have to pay for box and installation???? ive got sky+ downstairs and wouldnt mind (at half price anyway!) sky upstairs just standard box will be fine but wondering if will have to pay for box and installation thanks x
# 12
joey123
Old 20-08-2009, 6:47 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi, bubble i didnt have to pay for installation or the box as i upgraded to sky plus , so not sure hun worth ringing and asking
2008 WINS
# 13
happymoneysaver1
Old 20-08-2009, 10:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default 15 sky+hd box and free subscription for 12 months!!!!!!

Hi,

My sky+ box genuinely broke down on me this morning - stuck on standby!!! Phoned sky to "troubleshoot" and sky came to conclusion that I needed an engineer out to "have a look" Cost = 65!!!! My other option was to take the sky+hd box for 49 and get free installation if I took the multiroom so that would cost me an extra 9.75 for multiroom and 9.75 for HD each month as well as forking out 49 for a new box......so !!!!ed off at that moment I said, No, not paying, would rather cancel and get a freeview box. Usual happened and got put through to cancellations and I think I must have sounded so !!!!ed off he said he was away to check with his manager what they could do for me (I know prob everyone gets that spiel!!)
He asked why I wasnt considering the new sky+hd box and I said the extra subscription each month was just too much to pay. He said sky prepared to "refund" my line rental each month of 11 (I have sky talk also) for the next 12 months and give me the box for 15!!!!! Was totally shocked.

I think they might just be offering this is you have your line rental with them but worth a go folks..........
On my way to well earned riches (I hope!)
# 14
ktuludays
Old 21-08-2009, 7:05 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

i pay nothing for sky multi room - i don't actually have it thus saving 9.95 per month
You got to get through what you've got to go through to get what you want but you got to know what you want to get through what you got to go through.
# 15
naty2kn3
Old 21-08-2009, 9:35 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble098 View Post
hi all - just quick question about half price multi rooms offers... did you have to pay for box and installation???? ive got sky+ downstairs and wouldnt mind (at half price anyway!) sky upstairs just standard box will be fine but wondering if will have to pay for box and installation thanks x
To Bubble,

Funny i should read this topic just now when I have just gotten off the phone to sky! Well, I am in the same boat as you, i've got sky+hd downstairs and wanted a standard sky box for use on my projector system in my second living room, well..... they will give u the box for free... but..... you have to pay a whopping 60 for installation plus then you have to pay 9.75 for multiroom per month! I told them to stick it! Don't know if this is of any use to you but I've been looking in some second hand shops and many of them sell sky plus boxes for like 25. And it's not rocket science to install it yourself. So my next plan is to buy a box from the second hand shops, install it myself, then ring them up to ask for sky multiroom then they will just send you the new card.... which I think for me is the best option next really. and the cheapest!

Hope that helps
Natalie
The Following User Says Thank You to naty2kn3 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
my_gorgeous_ellie-belle
Old 23-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by naty2kn3 View Post
To Bubble,

Funny i should read this topic just now when I have just gotten off the phone to sky! Well, I am in the same boat as you, i've got sky+hd downstairs and wanted a standard sky box for use on my projector system in my second living room, well..... they will give u the box for free... but..... you have to pay a whopping 60 for installation plus then you have to pay 9.75 for multiroom per month! I told them to stick it! Don't know if this is of any use to you but I've been looking in some second hand shops and many of them sell sky plus boxes for like 25. And it's not rocket science to install it yourself. So my next plan is to buy a box from the second hand shops, install it myself, then ring them up to ask for sky multiroom then they will just send you the new card.... which I think for me is the best option next really. and the cheapest!

Hope that helps
Natalie
I might just do this too - only thing is i'll have to find someone to attach it to the dish for me as i would have no idea how or what is done (means paying someone darn it).

I have heard that if you get a second hand box and don't pay for the multiroom subscription that you can still get freesat without a viewing card (we can't get freeview here yet), does anyone know if this is true? If so, how?

Many thanks
Mummy of 3 lovely munchkins
# 17
carolinesugar
Old 24-08-2009, 10:31 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I don't know if this info may help anyone else out.. I recently decided to have a change around in my lounge - whcih mean i needed the wires to be longer for the sky box, as they used to be right by the external wall, with only enough wire to just about reach the box (tight install guy wouldn't give me any length when he did it first time around).. Well I rang them, to get an extention for it - 60 they wanted for a guy to come out and give me the wire.. thats without installing it! - that was me off on one to a manager, saying i wanted to leave cause they wouldn't give me the wire for free.. so off the guy went, and came back saying he'd do it for free if i didn't leave.

When the guy came out, I asked about multi room, as I quite liked the idea of having it in my bedroom which is next door - so he just cut be off another long bit of wire that I could connect into the back of the sky box, and run through the wall and into the back of telly using a "Sky Eye" also known as a sky TVlink - which you can pick up at tescos and maplins for about 14 - 20 with a remote, which means you can watch whatever is on the sky in the next room so free..

Obviously this might not help everyone, if you want to be able to watch different things in each room, but its perfect for me, cause i can now watch sky in bed! haha

Does anyone know if your on the basic package and say your leave cus of the credit crunch they would discount the price? I only pay 16 a month, but if theres a chance of getting it for less then why not..
# 18
grayboots
Old 24-08-2009, 11:42 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

My Sky+ box packed up about 3 weeks ago and I was offered a callout of 65, despite been told by a local and reliable engineer that the box was stuffed. After about 20 minutes on the phone to Sky, I was put through to cancellations - it was there that I was offered a free callout and replacement box, which is what I got. If you're a long standing customer, you have to be persistant, but you get there in the end. Still paying a tenner for multiroom though - think I'll give Sky a call.
# 19
skintsaver
Old 24-08-2009, 3:19 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

i just moved into a house that has the wires for sky+ downstairs and a wire from the sky dish in the bedroom, do you think that if i got a second hand sky box it would have the same effect as multiroom or would i only be able to watch what is on downstairs?
If your happy and you know it clap your hands
# 20
grayboots
Old 24-08-2009, 4:01 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
i just moved into a house that has the wires for sky+ downstairs and a wire from the sky dish in the bedroom, do you think that if i got a second hand sky box it would have the same effect as multiroom or would i only be able to watch what is on downstairs?
You'll be able to watch the free channels, but you'll need a subscription for any Sky Channels.
Closed Thread