Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • skintsaver
    • By skintsaver 20th Aug 09, 1:43 PM
    • 496 Posts
    • 521 Thanks
    skintsaver
    • 20th Aug 09, 1:43 PM
    • 20th Aug 09, 1:43 PM
    how did you get money off your normal subscription because i got my multiroom for 4.95 a month forever but they wont drop the subscription price
    If your happy and you know it clap your hands
  • cheekypepe
    • 20th Aug 09, 1:54 PM
    • 20th Aug 09, 1:54 PM
    I can't even get multi-room for 4.95! They will only give it me for 9.95 - that will teach me to be with them for over 10 years!
  • Beanbag
    • 20th Aug 09, 2:13 PM
    • 20th Aug 09, 2:13 PM
    I can't even get multi-room for 4.95! They will only give it me for 9.95 - that will teach me to be with them for over 10 years!
    Originally posted by cheekypepe
    Hi you can only get multi room for 4.95 if you have the basic package, anything above and it's full price!
  • cheekypepe
    • 20th Aug 09, 2:27 PM
    • 20th Aug 09, 2:27 PM
    Thats typical Sky - the more you pay the less you get!
    • LeeSouthEast
    • By LeeSouthEast 20th Aug 09, 2:35 PM
    • 3,767 Posts
    • 2,945 Thanks
    LeeSouthEast
    • 20th Aug 09, 2:35 PM
    • 20th Aug 09, 2:35 PM
    I was due to have half-price multiroom for a year (we took out 2 multirooms), I noticed the !!!!!!s only did it for the first month last week.

Why am I not surprised? lol
    Starting Debt: ~20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
  • iceage3
    • 20th Aug 09, 3:10 PM
    • 20th Aug 09, 3:10 PM
    i have been with sky for 10 yrs and its about time they got rid off multiroom

they got rid off sky plus charges

and not only that they charged me 65 for a bloke too change a remote control

and off course there customer service is rubbish

i rang up and said "i want too get rid off the movie channels " and they was saying would your kids miss it all the family movies trying to bribe me.

why cant u have a service where u go down in price ,i can go up in subscription ie get movies sports but u have to ring them up to go down in price.

rant over the only thing whats good is the sports and would miss that if we got rid off.
  • guinness34
    • 20th Aug 09, 3:35 PM
    • 20th Aug 09, 3:35 PM
    why is it that new customer get more that thouse of us that stay with them
  • code-a-holic
    • 20th Aug 09, 6:35 PM
    • 20th Aug 09, 6:35 PM
    The half price muliroom is called multi room lite. Its advertised in Wales for new and old customers. Very easy to get - advertised in wales due to switchover just happened.
  • joey123
    Hi, im not on a basic package ive got movies and so on, i got 25% off my normal bill for 6mths, i just rang asked to cancel my sky package due to credit crunch straight away i was offered 25%off for 6mths.
    And today i rang went to cancel my multi room, and offered straight away with half price multiroom for 6mths.
    Ive been with sky for over 6 years and every few mths when i phone to cancel i normaly get offers to stay with them.
    Good luck all xx
    2008 WINS
    PS3 AND GAME DS LITE GAME DVD BOX SET
    DEAL OR NO DEAL GAME SO FAR SO GOOD
  • bubble098
    hi all - just quick question about half price multi rooms offers... did you have to pay for box and installation???? ive got sky+ downstairs and wouldnt mind (at half price anyway!) sky upstairs just standard box will be fine but wondering if will have to pay for box and installation thanks x
  • joey123
    Hi, bubble i didnt have to pay for installation or the box as i upgraded to sky plus , so not sure hun worth ringing and asking
    2008 WINS
    PS3 AND GAME DS LITE GAME DVD BOX SET
    DEAL OR NO DEAL GAME SO FAR SO GOOD
  • happymoneysaver1
    15 sky+hd box and free subscription for 12 months!!!!!!
    Hi,

My sky+ box genuinely broke down on me this morning - stuck on standby!!! Phoned sky to "troubleshoot" and sky came to conclusion that I needed an engineer out to "have a look" Cost = 65!!!! My other option was to take the sky+hd box for 49 and get free installation if I took the multiroom so that would cost me an extra 9.75 for multiroom and 9.75 for HD each month as well as forking out 49 for a new box......so !!!!ed off at that moment I said, No, not paying, would rather cancel and get a freeview box. Usual happened and got put through to cancellations and I think I must have sounded so !!!!ed off he said he was away to check with his manager what they could do for me (I know prob everyone gets that spiel!!)
    He asked why I wasnt considering the new sky+hd box and I said the extra subscription each month was just too much to pay. He said sky prepared to "refund" my line rental each month of 11 (I have sky talk also) for the next 12 months and give me the box for 15!!!!! Was totally shocked.

I think they might just be offering this is you have your line rental with them but worth a go folks..........
    On my way to well earned riches (I hope!)
  • ktuludays
    i pay nothing for sky multi room - i don't actually have it thus saving 9.95 per month
    You got to get through what you've got to go through to get what you want but you got to know what you want to get through what you got to go through.
  • naty2kn3
    hi all - just quick question about half price multi rooms offers... did you have to pay for box and installation???? ive got sky+ downstairs and wouldnt mind (at half price anyway!) sky upstairs just standard box will be fine but wondering if will have to pay for box and installation thanks x
    Originally posted by bubble098
    To Bubble,

Funny i should read this topic just now when I have just gotten off the phone to sky! Well, I am in the same boat as you, i've got sky+hd downstairs and wanted a standard sky box for use on my projector system in my second living room, well..... they will give u the box for free... but..... you have to pay a whopping 60 for installation plus then you have to pay 9.75 for multiroom per month! I told them to stick it! Don't know if this is of any use to you but I've been looking in some second hand shops and many of them sell sky plus boxes for like 25. And it's not rocket science to install it yourself. So my next plan is to buy a box from the second hand shops, install it myself, then ring them up to ask for sky multiroom then they will just send you the new card.... which I think for me is the best option next really. and the cheapest!

Hope that helps
    Natalie
  • my_gorgeous_ellie-belle
    To Bubble,

Funny i should read this topic just now when I have just gotten off the phone to sky! Well, I am in the same boat as you, i've got sky+hd downstairs and wanted a standard sky box for use on my projector system in my second living room, well..... they will give u the box for free... but..... you have to pay a whopping 60 for installation plus then you have to pay 9.75 for multiroom per month! I told them to stick it! Don't know if this is of any use to you but I've been looking in some second hand shops and many of them sell sky plus boxes for like 25. And it's not rocket science to install it yourself. So my next plan is to buy a box from the second hand shops, install it myself, then ring them up to ask for sky multiroom then they will just send you the new card.... which I think for me is the best option next really. and the cheapest!

Hope that helps
    Natalie
    Originally posted by naty2kn3
    I might just do this too - only thing is i'll have to find someone to attach it to the dish for me as i would have no idea how or what is done (means paying someone darn it).

I have heard that if you get a second hand box and don't pay for the multiroom subscription that you can still get freesat without a viewing card (we can't get freeview here yet), does anyone know if this is true? If so, how?

Many thanks
    Mummy of 3 lovely munchkins
  • carolinesugar
    I don't know if this info may help anyone else out.. I recently decided to have a change around in my lounge - whcih mean i needed the wires to be longer for the sky box, as they used to be right by the external wall, with only enough wire to just about reach the box (tight install guy wouldn't give me any length when he did it first time around).. Well I rang them, to get an extention for it - 60 they wanted for a guy to come out and give me the wire.. thats without installing it! - that was me off on one to a manager, saying i wanted to leave cause they wouldn't give me the wire for free.. so off the guy went, and came back saying he'd do it for free if i didn't leave.

When the guy came out, I asked about multi room, as I quite liked the idea of having it in my bedroom which is next door - so he just cut be off another long bit of wire that I could connect into the back of the sky box, and run through the wall and into the back of telly using a "Sky Eye" also known as a sky TVlink - which you can pick up at tescos and maplins for about 14 - 20 with a remote, which means you can watch whatever is on the sky in the next room so free..

Obviously this might not help everyone, if you want to be able to watch different things in each room, but its perfect for me, cause i can now watch sky in bed! haha

Does anyone know if your on the basic package and say your leave cus of the credit crunch they would discount the price? I only pay 16 a month, but if theres a chance of getting it for less then why not..
  • grayboots
    My Sky+ box packed up about 3 weeks ago and I was offered a callout of 65, despite been told by a local and reliable engineer that the box was stuffed. After about 20 minutes on the phone to Sky, I was put through to cancellations - it was there that I was offered a free callout and replacement box, which is what I got. If you're a long standing customer, you have to be persistant, but you get there in the end. Still paying a tenner for multiroom though - think I'll give Sky a call.
    • skintsaver
    • By skintsaver 24th Aug 09, 3:19 PM
    • 496 Posts
    • 521 Thanks
    skintsaver
    i just moved into a house that has the wires for sky+ downstairs and a wire from the sky dish in the bedroom, do you think that if i got a second hand sky box it would have the same effect as multiroom or would i only be able to watch what is on downstairs?
    If your happy and you know it clap your hands
  • grayboots
    i just moved into a house that has the wires for sky+ downstairs and a wire from the sky dish in the bedroom, do you think that if i got a second hand sky box it would have the same effect as multiroom or would i only be able to watch what is on downstairs?
    You'll be able to watch the free channels, but you'll need a subscription for any Sky Channels.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

305Posts Today

1,248Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks to @CBBC_Hacker for sending us our own Hacker, baby MSE is smitten. Altight cocker. http://t.co/mdVVz56YHD

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• Follow Martin