Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 28
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 8th Mar 17, 8:49 AM
    • 8,454 Posts
    • 52,711 Thanks
    LEJC
    Thank you all for the suggestions of what to do with the books.....I have tried the local play groups and schools but they seem disinterested...

I am not aware of any other outlets in my local area that would take them and I do not participate in the shoe box appeal.

I guess they will sit in a corner of my study next to the computer for a while longer and get periodically used for shopping lists....

although if anyone wants them it probably can be arranged.....
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    November spend £41.01/£40
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    2017 toiletries 50 out 59 in ...£8.46 spend
    • michelle.griffin
    • By michelle.griffin 8th Mar 17, 9:22 AM
    • 46 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    michelle.griffin
    Thank you all for the suggestions of what to do with the books.....I have tried the local play groups and schools but they seem disinterested...

I am not aware of any other outlets in my local area that would take them and I do not participate in the shoe box appeal.

I guess they will sit in a corner of my study next to the computer for a while longer and get periodically used for shopping lists....

although if anyone wants them it probably can be arranged.....
    Originally posted by LEJC
    i pass mine on to a work colleague for their child, failing that a neighbour has them for her grand-kids.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 8th Mar 17, 10:05 AM
    • 8,454 Posts
    • 52,711 Thanks
    LEJC
    i pass mine on to a work colleague for their child, failing that a neighbour has them for her grand-kids.
    Originally posted by michelle.griffin
    Again thanks....

Great if you have someone you can do that with...although in the past I've probably accepted many "kind hearted "gestures from collegues who just want to rehome something and then wondered if actually we need the item at all!

I fear my innocent comment yesterday may now be detracting from the real reason of the thread...ie queries and help on the mail panel.

however you deal with the books you receive for being part of it is entirely at everyone's individual discretion....as I said mine languish by the side of the computer....no doubt the day after I recyle them into paper recycling as part of a declutter I will find a much more worthwhile way to make use of them....but until then......
    frugal October...£45.59 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!
    November spend £41.01/£40
    Jan £41.60/£40
    Feb £54.58/£40...gave up this month 15/2
    Mar £37.02/£40...lots of help via a gift card and vouchers
    2017 toiletries 50 out 59 in ...£8.46 spend
    • Locky
    • By Locky 19th Apr 17, 3:54 PM
    • 925 Posts
    • 2,738 Thanks
    Locky
    I started doing this survey a couple of months ago now and one of the mail items in my list has been there for ages now. Do I assume this has been lost in the post and let them know?

What are these two options for in the list? I don't understand when you would use them?
    > I did not yet receive the item.
    > I'm not sure if I received the item.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 19th Apr 17, 10:38 PM
    • 4,363 Posts
    • 14,553 Thanks
    redagila
    I shouldn't worry about the item that has been there a long time. If you click on it (as though received) it will say "item has not yet been posted" if that is the case.
    I have never seen the other options you mention. Where do these appear?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

146Posts Today

1,643Users online

Martin's Twitter