Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 28
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 8th Mar 17, 8:49 AM
    • 9,004 Posts
    • 59,271 Thanks
    LEJC
    Thank you all for the suggestions of what to do with the books.....I have tried the local play groups and schools but they seem disinterested...

I am not aware of any other outlets in my local area that would take them and I do not participate in the shoe box appeal.

I guess they will sit in a corner of my study next to the computer for a while longer and get periodically used for shopping lists....

although if anyone wants them it probably can be arranged.....
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 154 out 132 in ...£14.92 spend
    • michelle.griffin
    • By michelle.griffin 8th Mar 17, 9:22 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    michelle.griffin
    Thank you all for the suggestions of what to do with the books.....I have tried the local play groups and schools but they seem disinterested...

I am not aware of any other outlets in my local area that would take them and I do not participate in the shoe box appeal.

I guess they will sit in a corner of my study next to the computer for a while longer and get periodically used for shopping lists....

although if anyone wants them it probably can be arranged.....
    Originally posted by LEJC
    i pass mine on to a work colleague for their child, failing that a neighbour has them for her grand-kids.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 8th Mar 17, 10:05 AM
    • 9,004 Posts
    • 59,271 Thanks
    LEJC
    i pass mine on to a work colleague for their child, failing that a neighbour has them for her grand-kids.
    Originally posted by michelle.griffin
    Again thanks....

Great if you have someone you can do that with...although in the past I've probably accepted many "kind hearted "gestures from collegues who just want to rehome something and then wondered if actually we need the item at all!

I fear my innocent comment yesterday may now be detracting from the real reason of the thread...ie queries and help on the mail panel.

however you deal with the books you receive for being part of it is entirely at everyone's individual discretion....as I said mine languish by the side of the computer....no doubt the day after I recyle them into paper recycling as part of a declutter I will find a much more worthwhile way to make use of them....but until then......

• Locky
    • By Locky 19th Apr 17, 3:54 PM
    • 928 Posts
    • 2,762 Thanks
    Locky
    I started doing this survey a couple of months ago now and one of the mail items in my list has been there for ages now. Do I assume this has been lost in the post and let them know?

What are these two options for in the list? I don't understand when you would use them?
    > I did not yet receive the item.
    > I'm not sure if I received the item.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 19th Apr 17, 10:38 PM
    • 4,556 Posts
    • 14,789 Thanks
    redagila
    I shouldn't worry about the item that has been there a long time. If you click on it (as though received) it will say "item has not yet been posted" if that is the case.
    I have never seen the other options you mention. Where do these appear?
    • Joools
    • By Joools 25th Apr 17, 1:32 PM
    • 18 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Joools
    Just had an email to say that 'due to changing guidelines from their client, they are reducing the number of participants in certain areas and unfortunately for the moment I will have to leave the panel'.

Such a shame as it's so easy to do but I guess all good things come to an end
    • saving-mad
    • By saving-mad 26th Apr 17, 10:03 AM
    • 403 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    saving-mad
    Again thanks....

Great if you have someone you can do that with...although in the past I've probably accepted many "kind hearted "gestures from collegues who just want to rehome something and then wondered if actually we need the item at all!

I fear my innocent comment yesterday may now be detracting from the real reason of the thread...ie queries and help on the mail panel.

however you deal with the books you receive for being part of it is entirely at everyone's individual discretion....as I said mine languish by the side of the computer....no doubt the day after I recyle them into paper recycling as part of a declutter I will find a much more worthwhile way to make use of them....but until then......
    Originally posted by LEJC
    As a childminder I use the books as a daily diary for the babies, they last just about 6 weeks by which time as well as being full they are looking a bit tatty.
    Ive just used the last one but as I'm retiring from childminding in a couple of months. I have seen the small squared ones for sale on eBay but you could put them on freecycle as I'm sure lots of people would be able to make use of them.
    Owner of a cute cottage in the North York Moors
    • redagila
    • By redagila 31st May 17, 3:37 PM
    • 4,556 Posts
    • 14,789 Thanks
    redagila
    Points now in my account - another £7 for my Paypal account shortly.
    • michelle.griffin
    • By michelle.griffin 18th Jul 17, 11:19 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    michelle.griffin
    does any body else have no items on their 'received items' page?
    • pheonix
    • By pheonix 18th Jul 17, 1:39 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    pheonix
    yes mate,been like it for a week or more
    • michelle.griffin
    • By michelle.griffin 18th Jul 17, 2:31 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    michelle.griffin
    think i'll send them an email, never had it before. Hope they're not shutting it down.
    • LEJC
    • By LEJC 18th Jul 17, 2:50 PM
    • 9,004 Posts
    • 59,271 Thanks
    LEJC
    I have nothing listed this week either....
    I assumed it might be an "enforced" holiday as I have not given any holiday dates or times unavailable for a long time.

If I remember correctly this is not the first time I've had nothing added so I just assumed they decided to give me a week off!

• michelle.griffin
    • By michelle.griffin 19th Jul 17, 9:24 AM
    • 55 Posts
    • 110 Thanks
    michelle.griffin
    have received a reply -

In some cases the dispatch of test items (on certain routes) will be temporarily stopped. As I can see in my records however, the dispatch of your test mail will continue from 25 July onwards

So looks like 'enforced' holiday as LEJC suggested.

Thanks for your responses peeps
    • mavisangelica
    • By mavisangelica 22nd Jul 17, 7:43 PM
    • 447 Posts
    • 743 Thanks
    mavisangelica
    I have had nothing listed for a week but today 3 items have appeared. But I have submitted my holidays - I have only been back on the panel for a few weeks so was a but worried that they didn't want me.

All good now.
    Ditch 100 in January Challenge 100/100
    Ditch 100 in February Challenge 114/100
    Ditch 100 in March Challenge 100/100
    Ditch 100 in April Challenge 75/100
    • stonecircle
    • By stonecircle 23rd Jul 17, 3:24 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    stonecircle
    Very much doubt they re shutting down as I received an email a couple of weeks ago asking for friends to join the panel in certain areas.
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 8th Aug 17, 9:08 PM
    • 8,441 Posts
    • 6,025 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    Just had an email to say that 'due to changing guidelines from their client, they are reducing the number of participants in certain areas and unfortunately for the moment I will have to leave the panel'.

Originally posted by Joools

Just received similar email. Been 3.5 years on the panel and hope there will be a vacancy in the future.
    • Saetana
    • By Saetana 9th Aug 17, 3:06 PM
    • 1,070 Posts
    • 2,201 Thanks
    Saetana
    I got taken off the receiver only mail panel a while ago but now they have asked me to return as a sender in December this year - happy to do it as I've never had any problems with them, unlike Kantar and the Royal Mail survey
    2017 Wins: £50 Amazon Voucher, Lambswool Throw & Cushions, Duvet and Pillows, Skincare Set, T-Shirt, This Works Sleep Kit, Case of Beer, Storage Chest, Wine
    • RenTheRoosta
    • By RenTheRoosta 10th Aug 17, 11:54 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 93 Thanks
    RenTheRoosta
    This is a great postal survey to be included in. I did it for a couple of years and earned lots off Amazon vouchers (there are different rewards you can claim). They just terminated my account due to having enough members in my area. Hoping to re-register as moving soon. If you can get on it, do it. It's easy and the points stack up before you've realised.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 19th Sep 17, 3:54 PM
    • 4,556 Posts
    • 14,789 Thanks
    redagila

Originally posted by Joools

Sorry to say I have just received the same email but also adding that it will be at least 6 months before I am likely to be contacted.

Agree with Joools, so easy to do and such an efficient company.
    • ALIBOBSY
    • By ALIBOBSY 30th Sep 17, 2:35 PM
    • 4,417 Posts
    • 16,439 Thanks
    ALIBOBSY
    Can you do this alongside the royal mail one?

I have just applied to join that and wondered if I could do this as well?

Ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

Make up to £10 a day-October £834.23/£310-

Make up to £10 a day-November £192.40/£750
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

180Posts Today

1,451Users online

Martin's Twitter