Do Not use Brunel Franklin

I posted earlier on the fact that I used the above for a PPI claim against The Halifax. They did not make clear that I would have to pay back 25% of the entire amount of PPI that I didnt have to pay ie., I received £1500 compensation from the bank but will have to pay back 25% of £3200 to Brunel because a new loan was issued without the PPI.On reading the small print their is no get out clause for me, I will have to pay them but I do feel that it should be clearly stated by the company, before it becomes legally binding, what your final amount will likely be. I could have been in a position where I had recently taken out the loan, had £200 compensation, andhad to pay Brunel £800 for their service. This is a disgrace as bad as what the banks were doing in the first place.
The best bit is I have just lost my Job so cant claim on the PPI, because if I dont take Brunels advise and take the compensation offerd by The Halifax then they will still take the £800 of me. So in a nut shell I will recieve £1500 from Halifax, give £800 to Brunel and be left with no insurance for the privelidge.
DO NOT use a Third Party!!!:cool:

Comments

• melorablack
    melorablack Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Halifax told you they wouldn't pay the fees and that you didn't have to use a third party when they wrote to you acknowledging your complaint.
  • Yes, but I stiil thought I would only pay 25% of the £1500 to Brunel, and once you have signed the contract their doesnt seam to be a get out clause, you signed you pay. Just trying to warn people not to use these companies, I wouldn't have minded as much if it was made plain in their terms what they will charge you 25% of your entire amount of PPI and not just the amount refunded by the bank. I have been stupid to sign up to them but I still feel they are acting as bad as the banks. Just my bad luck that I am canceling the insuarance at he time that i have just been made unemployed, DO-OH !:confused:
  • I am currently using Brunel Franklin for my PPI claim, of three claims one has settled so far the other two should be in the next week, the one that has settled paid me £15,600 after Brunel Franklin taking their share, yes they do take a big chunk of about a third of the claim but, I read their web site and small print on the bottom of the letters, the three banks also told me that I did not have to use a third party like Brunel Franklin but I would not have bothered claiming on my own and I did not know I had any to claim, now I am £15,600 better off with more to come.
    I can not fault BF in the way they have dealt with my claim and on my experience I can recommend anyone who hasn't claimed, does not think they have PPI and can't be bothered to do it themselves, to use Brunel Franklin and accept that they take a third of your claim.
  • Thread is from 2009.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,041
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I read their web site and small print on the bottom of the letters, the three banks also told me that I did not have to use a third party like Brunel Franklin but I would not have bothered claiming on my own and I did not know I had any to claim

You have paid over £5000 for a firm to send a form in an envelope to the same address you would have used had you sent the same form (which is available on most companies sites, the FOS website or this website).
    I can not fault BF in the way they have dealt with my claim and on my experience I can recommend anyone who hasn't claimed, does not think they have PPI and can't be bothered to do it themselves, to use Brunel Franklin and accept that they take a third of your claim.

There is very little that a CMC can do wrong. Did they put the form in the envelope. Did they put a stamp on the envelope. Did they take it to the post box. Pop in the slot. Job done and sit back and wait.

You paid over £5000 for a job that took about 5 minutes to complete.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • You paid £5k for someone to post your letter, and you're happy about it?
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Not bad. 5 grand for 4 or 5 second class stamps.
    I'm in the wrong business.....
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Thanks for pointing out the obvious but you seem to forget the bit you quoted where I said "I would not have bothered claiming on my own and I did not know I had any to claim". The £15.6k is from the one bank that I did not think I had any PPI with so would not have sent a letter even if I could have been bothered writing to any of them and sticking a stamp on it as you say, so yes they got about £5k for sticking stamps on letters but I got £15.6k that I didn't know about, I only gave them my name, address and the names of a couple of credit cards I thought may have had PPI on, guess what they didn't but BF told me about three that have. I was bored one day reading news online and saw their ad, clicked on it and filled the short form in and now I am happy . If I had written a couple of letters with stamps affixed to the credit cards that I thought may have had PPI on, I would not have £15.6k in the bank but would have spent money on letters and stamps.
    Every case is different and not everyone can be bothered doing everything Martin advises us to do but thanks to firms like BF we can all get back most of what we are owed and for that I am quite happy for BF to take their cut, and maybe if other people like me that can't be bothered to write a few letters and stick a few stamps as you say, read my story then maybe there will be more happy people and unhappy banks, of which their will be two more in the next few weeks.:j
  • You paid £5k for someone to post your letter, and you're happy about it?

I didn't pay anyone to post letters and yes curiously I am happy to have £15.6k in the bank for PPI that I didn't know I had. Yes I was charged a fee on a no win no fee agreement, they got the refund and took their fee as per the agreement. They did advise me of the banks where they had found PPI and informed me that I did not need to use them to claim the refund, but at that point I didn't know how much it was going to be so I said go ahead and do your best. Yes they do take a big fee but neither myself or BF would have any money if I hadn't clicked a link to their web site and input a little info. The reason I posted on here was just to let people know even if you think you don't have PPI give it a go with or without a 3rd party. Funny no one has congratulated me on getting £15.6k for myself off a bank, all they have done is take the wiss for not sending my own letters, but at least I got £15.6k which from what I have read is a lot more than most people get, in fact most seem to get less than BF got in fees off my claim, maybe they should have used a 3rd party;)
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Funny no one has congratulated me on getting £15.6k for myself off a bank, all they have done is take the wiss for not sending my own letters, but at least I got £15.6k which from what I have read is a lot more than most people get, in fact most seem to get less than BF got in fees off my claim, maybe they should have used a 3rd party

A high payout means you had an incredibly high level of debt. You're pleased with the outcome, and that's what matters, but I doubt you're going to be congratulated for getting into that situation in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure