Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Effervescent
    • By Effervescent 7th Aug 09, 10:03 AM
    • 83Posts
    • 21Thanks
    Effervescent
    0 WOW
    GalaHotels.com has anyone used this site?
    • 7th Aug 09, 10:03 AM
    0 WOW
    GalaHotels.com has anyone used this site? 7th Aug 09 at 10:03 AM
    Has anyone booked a hotel through GalaHotels.com? I received an email from them this week and the hotel prices look quite competitive. However I'm a bit wary of booking because of the prices and also there are no proper contact details i.e. address on the website.
Page 3
    • SPR999
    • By SPR999 28th Sep 17, 3:35 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    SPR999
    If you book with Gala make sure you use a credit card as if you want a refund you may need to get your credit card company to step in for you. Foolishly booked a hotel room in Athens through this company. At the time there was no confirmation email confirming my booking like you would get with other reputable sites and they also asked for payment up front which I found odd but the booking was showing up on my account on their site. I then found a much better deal so cancelled my room (free cancellation) with Gala over 10 days ago. Again no confirmation email to say it was cancelled. So they obviously try not put anything in writing to their customers. What I didnt realise was that hidden in the T&Cs it does say refund will take up to 21 days. Why does it take 21 days is what i would like to know! Ive raised a couple of tickets with their customer service department to try speed up the refund and got apologies for the delay in processing the refund however looking at the reviews below this is a stock answer they give out to all people wanting their money back. I've informed the fraud department at my credit card company who will step in and recover the money if its not back in my account 21 days after my cancellation. Really not sure if this is all just a scam but wanted to warn potential users of this site of the pitfalls in doing so. It's also worth noting that a lot of the excellent and good reviews on TrustPilot are for the hotels people stay in and nothing to do with Gala Hotels. Take these out and their excellent rating would not be at 44%! Will update this post to advise on the outcome.
    • John-84
    • By John-84 6th Oct 17, 4:25 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    John-84
    I used this company to book a hotel which proved not to have any availability. They took money from my credit card and offered an unacceptable alternative. I requested a refund but nothing has been forthcoming, despite emails and phone calls and promises to return mu money. Personally, I would not go anywhere near them as they do not honour their promises. I have passed the problem to my credit card company and hope that they can do better than me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,923Posts Today

5,035Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin