IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
June 2011 Brides
Closed Thread
Views: 25,474
# 521
misscoupon
Old 01-06-2011, 1:29 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Yay!!!
It's Mrs Coupon now - saving and comping my way to a brighter future
# 522
RainbowDrops
Old 06-06-2011, 3:57 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

So, any reports from the early June brides?

It still hasn't dawned on me that it's only days now until the Wedding, still gotta do Order of ceremony, place names, finnish making up the favours & write a speech, erk!
# 523
Emma1988
Old 06-06-2011, 6:21 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I feel abit out of it at the moment, the stress has gone... and i just feel as though its someone elses wedding on saturday... after years of build up... its actually here!!!!
# 524
kezz kezz
Old 07-06-2011, 1:34 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I think we've got everything sorted now, just starting to buy food for the buffet.
Getting married 18/06/11
# 525
LaurensMummy
Old 07-06-2011, 2:03 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Kez Kez - are you doing your own buffet? my caterer has fallen ill and is in hospital so I've had 10 days notice to do all our food the wedding preparation was going so well, so knew something would go wrong!!

# 526
kezz kezz
Old 11-06-2011, 10:16 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Yeah, we're doing our own, or rather OH's parents are doing most of it for us. We couldn't afford caterer prices. Our problem was the photographer backing out about a month before our date, managed to drop on another that had a cancellation on our date! phew!
Getting married 18/06/11
# 527
blondali
Old 12-06-2011, 8:14 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowDrops View Post
So, any reports from the early June brides?

It still hasn't dawned on me that it's only days now until the Wedding, still gotta do Order of ceremony, place names, finnish making up the favours & write a speech, erk!
I am currently on honeymoon with my new husband (argh so strange lol) and cannot stop thinking about our wedding day! It's indescribable exactly how amazing and surreal it all felt, it was without a question of a doubt, the best day of our lives! The flowers were beautiful, the cake was perfect, all our guests were happy and looked gorgeous, it was so hot and sunny, the entertainment was great and the food was delicious. I have put my pics up on a thread elsewhere, but in case you haven't seen them yet, here is a link:

http://www.davidfenwick.co.uk/weddin...hy/ritz-hotel/

I do hope all you June brides have an amazing time!
The Following User Says Thank You to blondali For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 528
LaurensMummy
Old 13-06-2011, 10:21 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Good luck to all the June brides only 6 days to go for me! and 2 more days at work eeekkkk!
we managed to get a caterer to do the buffet at short notice for £3 a head which is excellent value and saves me making sarnies in my wedding dress - now just waiting for the next major thing to go wrong!!

# 529
RainbowDrops
Old 13-06-2011, 10:46 AM

Glad you've sorted the buffet LM

We spent the weekend folding order of ceremonies, menus & place names, and bagging up the favours.
Picking up my dress tonight - weee!

Just hoping that the weather rains itself out this week!
The Following User Says Thank You to RainbowDrops For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 530
LaurensMummy
Old 13-06-2011, 11:29 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Rainbow drops - looking at the weather for me in berks on Sat its showers!!! hope its sunny when we have the ceremony but not bothered about the rest of the day!!! hope its sunny where you are!

The Following User Says Thank You to LaurensMummy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 531
Mrsanders
Old 13-06-2011, 11:58 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Not long to go now and I'm feeling a bit fed up and can't get motivated! So many things to do and don't know where to start, things going wrong, some idiot thought it would be a good idea to smash the glass door on the side of the church that we were meant to exit from and that now has a nice big board accross it! My venue failed to tell me that it has a sound limiter which the DJ is not too impressed about as he usually refuses to do venues with them so may have to keep the noise down, and every weather report I've looked at says rain for Saturday! So white umbrellas ordered now just in case, just hope they get here in time.

Sorry for the miserable post, hope all your plans are coming along nicely!
Getting married to Married my soul mate on
18th June 2011!!!

# 532
LaurensMummy
Old 13-06-2011, 12:03 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

MrsSanders - hope things get better lets have positive thinking I think its because we have all been planning for so long and now it's nearly here its time for the come down!.
Lets all hope for nice weather - Sat just gone was warm and then poured down around tea time that will do me.....best pack OH's golf umbrella just in case!

The Following User Says Thank You to LaurensMummy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 533
Mrsanders
Old 13-06-2011, 12:11 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thanks Laurensmummy

That would do me just fine too! I don't mind how much it rains once we get to the reception, I would just like it to stay dry for the morning and afternoon so we can have the ceremony and photos after.

I think I might have a fairly lazy day today, chill out a bit and see if I feel a bit better tomorrow, I've been a bit anti food too, think it's the nerves kicking in
18th June 2011!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsanders For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 534
RainbowDrops
Old 13-06-2011, 1:16 PM

Have either of you got time off?
I've got thurs & friday - I think it's wishfull thinking of me that I hope I can have a couple of lie-ins!

My ceremony is supposed to be outside, so I'll be miffed if it gets moved indoors, but hey ho, that's the UK weather for you!

As for food - I've been stuffing my face at every opportunity before the nervous appetite loss kicks in, as I want to look as healthy as pos!
# 535
misscoupon
Old 13-06-2011, 1:22 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I am not looking at the weather forecast till Thursday... It should be fairly accurate then.
Hoping for sun as well
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misscoupon For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 536
LaurensMummy
Old 13-06-2011, 1:42 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Rainbowdrops I am off on Thurs/Fri don't think I'll be getting a lie in as my 14mth old usually has her own ideas! but as Daddy at work Thurs I'm sure we can lounge in bed for a while!
I know what you mean about eating stress is supposed to make you not eat for me its the opposite! I got to my goal weight at xmas but since returning to work after maternity leave I've gained 10lbs ooops - well most of my family have not seen me for about 10yrs and I was much fatter then and I've got the excuse of having a baby -well toddler!

# 537
Mrsanders
Old 13-06-2011, 3:52 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I'm fairly lucky, I only usually work on a friday anyway since having our youngest, but I am off this week and next.

Although it feels great that I have managed to do a lot of things on a budget and doing most things myself, sometimes I wish I hadn't created so many jobs for myself!

So far today I managed to finish off the thank you gifts and picked up the rest of the photos for h2b's groom journal, I plan on getting it all packed up tonight while he's at football, and then I think bath and bed early ready to get my dress and everything to my mum's tomorrow
18th June 2011!!!

# 538
Mrsanders
Old 13-06-2011, 3:54 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscoupon View Post
I am not looking at the weather forecast till Thursday... It should be fairly accurate then.
Hoping for sun as well
I was going to wait, but curiosity got the better of me.....
18th June 2011!!!

# 539
elliegibbo
Old 14-06-2011, 9:13 AM
MoneySaving Convert

AAARRRGGGHHH

One week today!!

Does anyone else feel like its a bit surreal?? Like its not really happening?
** Ellie **
Now Mrs B
# 540
misscoupon
Old 14-06-2011, 9:24 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsanders View Post
I was going to wait, but curiosity got the better of me.....
I caved in this morning, looks like a chilly but sunny day for me
Closed Thread