Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    clareyPINKfairy
    June 2011 Brides
    • 5th Aug 09, 8:58 PM
    June 2011 Brides 5th Aug 09 at 8:58 PM
    Welcome along June 2011 brides (and grooms)

hopefully we can all have a chat and share our ideas right up till our lovely perfect days next year!
    let me know if i dont have your name or date down and i will add it

JUNE 2011 BRIDES

TamVilla80 - 3rd
    blondali - 3rd
    HxIrish - 3rd
    PeachPickle - 4th
    smudge_123 - 4th

twirlypinky - 10th
    clareyPINKfairy - 11th
    Em2656 - 11th
    Emma1988 - 11th
    nunnygirl - 11th
    sunshine_shell - 11th

Picklepick - 18th
    Mrsanders - 18th
    RainbowDrops - 18th
    nettie30 - 18th
    Kezz kezz - 18th

Angel_Rachie - 20th
    magicbunn2106 - 21st
    elliegibbo - 21st

Missiemog - 23rd
    curlylou1986 - 24th
    Blade26 - 24th
    Catterlen - 25th
    Lotte123 -25th

amy_forster
    Sparklylime
    Sarah_28
    hayley11
    Sammy85
    emlou2009 -Postponed
    Last edited by clareyPINKfairy; 18-05-2011 at 6:47 PM. Reason: updating
    Getting Married 11th June 2011 to the lovely Graham

Wedding/honeymoon fund so far 6900
Page 27
    • misscoupon
    • By misscoupon 1st Jun 11, 1:29 PM
    • 523 Posts
    • 8,897 Thanks
    misscoupon
    Yay!!!
    It's Mrs Coupon now - saving and comping my way to a brighter future
    • RainbowDrops
    • By RainbowDrops 6th Jun 11, 3:57 PM
    • 4,302 Posts
    • 4,689 Thanks
    RainbowDrops
    So, any reports from the early June brides?

It still hasn't dawned on me that it's only days now until the Wedding, still gotta do Order of ceremony, place names, finnish making up the favours & write a speech, erk!
  • Emma1988
    I feel abit out of it at the moment, the stress has gone... and i just feel as though its someone elses wedding on saturday... after years of build up... its actually here!!!!
  • kezz kezz
    I think we've got everything sorted now, just starting to buy food for the buffet.
    Getting married 18/06/11
  • LaurensMummy
    Kez Kez - are you doing your own buffet? my caterer has fallen ill and is in hospital so I've had 10 days notice to do all our food the wedding preparation was going so well, so knew something would go wrong!!

• kezz kezz
    Yeah, we're doing our own, or rather OH's parents are doing most of it for us. We couldn't afford caterer prices. Our problem was the photographer backing out about a month before our date, managed to drop on another that had a cancellation on our date! phew!
    Getting married 18/06/11
    • blondali
    • By blondali 12th Jun 11, 8:14 AM
    • 520 Posts
    • 860 Thanks
    blondali
    So, any reports from the early June brides?

It still hasn't dawned on me that it's only days now until the Wedding, still gotta do Order of ceremony, place names, finnish making up the favours & write a speech, erk!
    Originally posted by RainbowDrops
    I am currently on honeymoon with my new husband (argh so strange lol) and cannot stop thinking about our wedding day! It's indescribable exactly how amazing and surreal it all felt, it was without a question of a doubt, the best day of our lives! The flowers were beautiful, the cake was perfect, all our guests were happy and looked gorgeous, it was so hot and sunny, the entertainment was great and the food was delicious. I have put my pics up on a thread elsewhere, but in case you haven't seen them yet, here is a link:

http://www.davidfenwick.co.uk/wedding-photography/ritz-hotel/

I do hope all you June brides have an amazing time!
  • LaurensMummy
    Good luck to all the June brides only 6 days to go for me! and 2 more days at work eeekkkk!
    we managed to get a caterer to do the buffet at short notice for 3 a head which is excellent value and saves me making sarnies in my wedding dress - now just waiting for the next major thing to go wrong!!

• RainbowDrops
    • By RainbowDrops 13th Jun 11, 10:46 AM
    • 4,302 Posts
    • 4,689 Thanks
    RainbowDrops
    Glad you've sorted the buffet LM

We spent the weekend folding order of ceremonies, menus & place names, and bagging up the favours.
    Picking up my dress tonight - weee!

Just hoping that the weather rains itself out this week!
  • LaurensMummy
    Rainbow drops - looking at the weather for me in berks on Sat its showers!!! hope its sunny when we have the ceremony but not bothered about the rest of the day!!! hope its sunny where you are!

• Mrsanders
    Not long to go now and I'm feeling a bit fed up and can't get motivated! So many things to do and don't know where to start, things going wrong, some idiot thought it would be a good idea to smash the glass door on the side of the church that we were meant to exit from and that now has a nice big board accross it! My venue failed to tell me that it has a sound limiter which the DJ is not too impressed about as he usually refuses to do venues with them so may have to keep the noise down, and every weather report I've looked at says rain for Saturday! So white umbrellas ordered now just in case, just hope they get here in time.

Sorry for the miserable post, hope all your plans are coming along nicely!
    Getting married to Married my soul mate on
    18th June 2011!!!

• LaurensMummy
    MrsSanders - hope things get better lets have positive thinking I think its because we have all been planning for so long and now it's nearly here its time for the come down!.
    Lets all hope for nice weather - Sat just gone was warm and then poured down around tea time that will do me.....best pack OH's golf umbrella just in case!

• Mrsanders
    Thanks Laurensmummy

That would do me just fine too! I don't mind how much it rains once we get to the reception, I would just like it to stay dry for the morning and afternoon so we can have the ceremony and photos after.

I think I might have a fairly lazy day today, chill out a bit and see if I feel a bit better tomorrow, I've been a bit anti food too, think it's the nerves kicking in
    18th June 2011!!!

• RainbowDrops
    • By RainbowDrops 13th Jun 11, 1:16 PM
    • 4,302 Posts
    • 4,689 Thanks
    RainbowDrops
    Have either of you got time off?
    I've got thurs & friday - I think it's wishfull thinking of me that I hope I can have a couple of lie-ins!

My ceremony is supposed to be outside, so I'll be miffed if it gets moved indoors, but hey ho, that's the UK weather for you!

As for food - I've been stuffing my face at every opportunity before the nervous appetite loss kicks in, as I want to look as healthy as pos!
    • misscoupon
    • By misscoupon 13th Jun 11, 1:22 PM
    • 523 Posts
    • 8,897 Thanks
    misscoupon
    I am not looking at the weather forecast till Thursday... It should be fairly accurate then.
    Hoping for sun as well
  • LaurensMummy
    Rainbowdrops I am off on Thurs/Fri don't think I'll be getting a lie in as my 14mth old usually has her own ideas! but as Daddy at work Thurs I'm sure we can lounge in bed for a while!
    I know what you mean about eating stress is supposed to make you not eat for me its the opposite! I got to my goal weight at xmas but since returning to work after maternity leave I've gained 10lbs ooops - well most of my family have not seen me for about 10yrs and I was much fatter then and I've got the excuse of having a baby -well toddler!

• Mrsanders
    I'm fairly lucky, I only usually work on a friday anyway since having our youngest, but I am off this week and next.

Although it feels great that I have managed to do a lot of things on a budget and doing most things myself, sometimes I wish I hadn't created so many jobs for myself!

So far today I managed to finish off the thank you gifts and picked up the rest of the photos for h2b's groom journal, I plan on getting it all packed up tonight while he's at football, and then I think bath and bed early ready to get my dress and everything to my mum's tomorrow
    18th June 2011!!!

• Mrsanders
    I am not looking at the weather forecast till Thursday... It should be fairly accurate then.
    Hoping for sun as well
    Originally posted by misscoupon
    I was going to wait, but curiosity got the better of me.....
    18th June 2011!!!

• elliegibbo
    • By elliegibbo 14th Jun 11, 9:13 AM
    • 92 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    elliegibbo
    AAARRRGGGHHH

One week today!!

Does anyone else feel like its a bit surreal?? Like its not really happening?
    ** Ellie **
    Now Mrs B
    • misscoupon
    • By misscoupon 14th Jun 11, 9:24 AM
    • 523 Posts
    • 8,897 Thanks
    misscoupon
    I was going to wait, but curiosity got the better of me.....
    Originally posted by Mrsanders
    I caved in this morning, looks like a chilly but sunny day for me
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

384Posts Today

2,256Users online

Martin's Twitter