Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 4th Aug 09, 11:21 AM
    • 29,692Posts
    • 45,315Thanks
    savvy
    Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)
    • 4th Aug 09, 11:21 AM
    Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3) 4th Aug 09 at 11:21 AM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, and the second thread - Part 2 it may be a good idea to look these first for advice
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a volunteer Board Guide on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, I can move & change posts, but don't read them all, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones
Page 86
  • Gemm85
    thanks padster - off to have a nosey
    • jamtart6
    • By jamtart6 28th Aug 09, 9:03 PM
    • 8,650 Posts
    • 25,443 Thanks
    jamtart6
    What did you buy, what did you buy...???
    Originally posted by rainmac
    new papers and sticky things and ...actually..what DID I buy?? *goes off to check order* ooh yes stickers and peeloffs. And some baby things to stick on cards. The DMC ones that were 40p. I'm hoping they don't arrive and they need stitching! they did say 'accessories' so fingers crossed Some of the papers were like 5p and 7p so it was quite hard not to buy. I got some 12 x 12 paper with power tools on for my "DIY house" photos when I scrapbook them !

Being Thrifty Gifty again this year

• Kim_Possible
    • By Kim_Possible 28th Aug 09, 9:08 PM
    • 842 Posts
    • 9,916 Thanks
    Kim_Possible
    Rainmac - Yes I'm off to Colemans

Hels - They are the easiest thing in the world The Sizzix literally cuts it all out and scores it, you just need to fold them and stick them. You need to use good glue (as one that I made with the roller glue fell apart on me) and the acetate could be expensive - but you could put tissue paper in there instead perhaps? I'll happily cut them out for you or lend you the die if you have a sizzix.
    Originally posted by salesadmin
    Re: the boxes, if acetate is expensive ... are we talking A4 sheets that you can use in an overhead projector to write on?
    Cause did i not see hels mention she works in some kind office she could ahem *borrow* some???
    If this is indeed the type required and hels cant get it i have myself *borrowed* some and depending on how much hels need -could have it for a good cause if it helps?
    Last edited by Kim_Possible; 28-08-2009 at 9:12 PM.
  • Gemm85
    yay I just managed to order some stuff, from every moment matters got a basic grey euphoria paper pad, cuttlebug scripture embossing folder and a heart stamp now I'm on a roll off to look at some more stuff
  • wam73
    Are we allowed to post links to our e-bay then? Would be great if I can got loads of craft goodies to sell. x
  • pretzelnut
    ooooh you lot cost me a fortune - Just ordered quite a bit from silly monkey.
    Is thankful to those who have shared their
    fortune with those less fortunate
    than themselves - you know who you are!
  • Lucy Lu
    We're going to clear out the garage today so if i'm lucky i'll be back on before midnight lol.
    It's all my sons fault he's just moved into a new house and taken his junk from the garage now he's going to do a car boot this weekend with all the stuff he doesn't need plus a pile of stuff from the garage.
    Originally posted by craftygranny
    Bank Holiday weekend is the best time to do a boot sale, I hope it goes well.
  • polly1976
    Okay I need someone (o loads of u!!) to explain to me why promarkers are so fab! I bought whispers pens after watching PLM's tutorial on how to use them and really like them if I use them with an aqua brush. Why are promakers so good and do you just colour with them or is it more complicated?? I think they are prob better for skin tones than the whispers but need to know more. I like simple so promarkers may help me!!

From the stamped image colouring novice xxx
    Originally posted by furrypig
    I used to use Whispers and went on to promarkers because someone gave me some to try and ive never looked back they are so much easier to use and no water needed and the skin colours are fab they blend fab with other colours heres a link to the Passion for Promarkers blog it is a challenge blog but also does tutorails if you go right to the beginning of the blog you will find all the info you want http://promarkerchallenge.blogspot.com/ ive actually been asked to do a class on at my local craft club on Promarkers but im no pro lol but any questions just pm me or ask here i will try to help. xxxx
  • Lucy Lu
    Hardly kept anything except another box of craft stash we found oh dear. craft room tidy up next . lol.
    Originally posted by craftygranny

I'm so jealous craftygranny, I'd love a craft room! Do you have a photo to make me even more jealous?!

Does anyone else have a craft room and a pic of it? I've told my boyfriend that when we buy a house we have to get an extra room for my crafting! I think if I had my own craft space I'd be more organised and would craft more too.
  • Lucy Lu
    Thank you all for welcoming me back into the fold.

I am worried I will have to go awol again tomorrow though, I've had gastroenteritius for three weeks now (long story and only found out I had it last week when I ended up in a+e). Was given medication and told if I had it a week later I have to go back. Well, yesterday was day seven and I had an awful night and I've had an awful day today, was sent home from work. GP said that if I'm still ill in the morning I have to go to hospital. I've had an awful run of bad luck the last couple of years and things just aren't going well for me. I am doing a charity zip wire in Scotland next week for Macmillan and I can't be ill.

Sorry about that moan, just wanted to let you know that I might have to disappear but I will keep you updated.

I've been sleeping on and off all evening, am going to go to bed properly now, night night everyone, and if I don't appear over the weekend, wishing you all a lovely Bank Holiday.

Lucy x
  • craftygranny
    Lucy i don't think you'll be jealous it is like a tarts palace lol Kaitlyn wanted it painting bright pink so it's bright pink. Oh and it has no windows . I have a huge desk in with shelves stacked at the back of the desk. 2 wooden storage units behind my chair and 3 sets of filing drawers. It is very untidy at the moment with all the dumped boxes but i'll try and get some photos this weekend.
    I must admit since my o/h and the boys set it up for me i have done more in there and it is usually tidier i just need to find room for all this stuff now.
    Oh and the stamps rusty made me buy and my new stamped images and my promarkers when they get here oooh err .
    • Marg
    • By Marg 29th Aug 09, 12:16 AM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    Lucy - Sorry to hear you've not been well - don't worry about going AWOL just get better real soon.
    • Kim_Possible
    • By Kim_Possible 29th Aug 09, 12:36 AM
    • 842 Posts
    • 9,916 Thanks
    Kim_Possible
    Mary, so sorry just realised I didn't give you the links for the post-it note holders and teabag cards...
    http://ladynthestamp.blogspot.com/2008/05/post-it-note-wallet-tutorial.html
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131317
    If I had half a brain I'd be dangerous...
    Originally posted by rainmac
    Rainmac, can i ask which template on there u used? what width/ height id like to make one for a friend, if possible.
    thanks
  • mygeorgie
    Thank you crafty granny
    Craftygranny,

A great big Thank you for all the lovely images you stamped for me, sorry I hav'nt been on to thank you sooner but have been away and only got back late last night. You are sooooo kind, I will pop a card in the post to you to say a proper thanks. You ladies are all so inspirational. I have finally booked my ticket for the stitch and craft show in Manchester for Friday 4th September, anyone else going?
    Best wishes to you all
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 29th Aug 09, 8:06 AM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac

I am worried I will have to go awol again tomorrow though, I've had gastroenteritius for three weeks now (long story and only found out I had it last week when I ended up in a+e). Was given medication and told if I had it a week later I have to go back. Well, yesterday was day seven and I had an awful night and I've had an awful day today, was sent home from work. GP said that if I'm still ill in the morning I have to go to hospital. I've had an awful run of bad luck the last couple of years and things just aren't going well for me. I am doing a charity zip wire in Scotland next week for Macmillan and I can't be ill.

Sorry about that moan, just wanted to let you know that I might have to disappear but I will keep you updated.

I've been sleeping on and off all evening, am going to go to bed properly now, night night everyone, and if I don't appear over the weekend, wishing you all a lovely Bank Holiday.

Lucy x
    Originally posted by Lucy Lu
    Oh Lucy, please take lots and lots of care of yourself xxx
    If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 29th Aug 09, 8:14 AM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Rainmac, can i ask which template on there u used? what width/ height id like to make one for a friend, if possible.
    thanks
    Originally posted by Kim_Possible
    For the teabag holders I think I used the dimensions shown on the Word document attachment in ilrsing's post on this thread (post number 7)...
    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131317
    Last edited by rainmac; 29-08-2009 at 8:16 AM.
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 29th Aug 09, 8:17 AM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Craftygranny,

A great big Thank you for all the lovely images you stamped for me, sorry I hav'nt been on to thank you sooner but have been away and only got back late last night. You are sooooo kind, I will pop a card in the post to you to say a proper thanks. You ladies are all so inspirational. I have finally booked my ticket for the stitch and craft show in Manchester for Friday 4th September, anyone else going?
    Best wishes to you all
    Originally posted by mygeorgie
    I'm not going but would love to, am going to the NEC in November for the Hobbycrafts show if you fancy coming along there? We're hoping to get a gang of us going!
  • polly1976
    Craftygranny,

Best wishes to you all
    Originally posted by mygeorgie
    Im going but going on the Saturday me sooooooo excited ive not bought anything for months and have been saving up so im going to be like a child in a sweet shop

My blog candy win came this morning omg omg you want to see it all its amazing

I will be back later with a new card im just off to play
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 29th Aug 09, 9:00 AM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Im going but going on the Saturday me sooooooo excited ive not bought anything for months and have been saving up so im going to be like a child in a sweet shop

My blog candy win came this morning omg omg you want to see it all its amazing

I will be back later with a new card im just off to play
    Originally posted by polly1976
    Ooohhh go mad Polly and please tell us/show us what you bought
  • furrypig

Lucy x
    Originally posted by Lucy Lu
    Just wanted to wish you luck for zip wire and hope u get well soon xxx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

150Posts Today

1,556Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin