Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 4th Aug 09, 11:21 AM
    • 29,692Posts
    • 45,315Thanks
    savvy
    Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)
    • 4th Aug 09, 11:21 AM
    Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3) 4th Aug 09 at 11:21 AM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, and the second thread - Part 2 it may be a good idea to look these first for advice
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a volunteer Board Guide on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, I can move & change posts, but don't read them all, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones
Page 235
  • RustyFlange
    Rusty that's just what I needed to hear, Quixotic have nana's nursery on sale, 50% off a 6 x 6 pad, did you what a paper stack or seperate sheets.

Whoops, I think they've sold out, fab price tho.
    Originally posted by THE-WIFE
    Thanks the wife, it said it was card stock but I wasn't sure if thats what is was as I presumed it was papers not card?? is this right? or am I just being completely thick here??

I have a basket full of stuff on there but haven't checked out yet lol probably cause OH has just walked in from his bike lesson!

Here are the lovelys that Greenpixey made for me
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • dragonllew
    Fab cards everyone will catch up with comments on blogs later.
    Huge thanks to flourgirl for the fab stash she sent me in the stash swap this month pics here.
    Here's my card for Melissa's challenge.
    And my container for Rusty challenge on crafty place.
  • chocolate.orange
    Thanks the wife, it said it was card stock but I wasn't sure if thats what is was as I presumed it was papers not card?? is this right? or am I just being completely thick here??

I have a basket full of stuff on there but haven't checked out yet lol probably cause OH has just walked in from his bike lesson!

Here are the lovelys that Greenpixey made for me
    Originally posted by RustyFlange
    Oooh Rusty they are sooooooo cute
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..
  • chocolate.orange
    Fab cards everyone will catch up with comments on blogs later.
    Huge thanks to flourgirl for the fab stash she sent me in the stash swap this month pics here.
    Here's my card for Melissa's challenge.
    And my container for Rusty challenge on crafty place.
    Originally posted by dragonllew
    Oooh Dragonllew they are beautiful. I really wish i was more computer savy and able to use the downloads i have done . I wouldnt know where to start.

Fantastic stash also, wow flourgirl was super dooper fast this month . I thought i was doing well to have Mrs.Tidges ready to post
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..
    • Kim_Possible
    • By Kim_Possible 18th Oct 09, 3:19 PM
    • 842 Posts
    • 9,916 Thanks
    Kim_Possible
    Ive put some more halloween things on my blog. Thanks to Flourgirl for the peek a boo template
    Also an austrailian themed card on the blog too
  • ali.b.123
    Kim - Lovely cards
    Dragonlew - lovely makes!
    The wife - your card looks lovely when you have put the extra bits on. I thought it was lovely to start with but adding the extras does def. seem to finish it off!

Have to ask has anyone started to create christmas cards for other halves & sons/daughters - I have made cards for family members - but thinking would buy husbands & sons (sorry!) but hubby said the other day he cant wait to see what I make for him - oh no! the pressure - I cant think of anything to make his card really special and also for my two boys. Been looking for nice papers etc. but cant seem to find anything - can anyone inspire me??
  • hels102
    Hello!!
    Just thought I would pop in and say hello! Came back from my hols today had a fab time and the weather was perfect!
    I've no got to get myself into gear to sort this wedding out! I've got a huge list! so I maybe or should I say I will be abit awol for a while, card making is on the back burner for the moment!
    Furry thank you so much for my stash everything you sent is lovely
    I've got the tickets for the NEC WHOOHOO!!
    Looking forward to December
  • mary-op
    Haven't done cards for sons yet or teenage grandson........always a problem.
    I don't do one for OH...........he always says its a bit daft for me to do one for him and it end up in my drawer..........lol
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • ali.b.123
    Hi Hels glad you had a good holiday. Did your son have a lovely birthday?? (was it while you were away - or am I getting mixed up?).
    Thanks Mary - hmm know what you mean - got a few mags and been blog hoppin but nothing jumps out yet - not to worry still early days - will keep my eyes open for ideas to pinch - ahem! I mean ideas to inspire!
  • hels102
    Hi Ali, yes he had a brilliant birthday spoilt rotten! we went away the day after his birthday, back to reality now though!

I've not made my OH a card before but you've got me thinking now...! Hope you find something inspiring!!

I've just had a catch up on the blogs! Wow you've all be so busy and created some amazing stuff!
    Looking forward to December
    • bunbun2
    • By bunbun2 18th Oct 09, 9:10 PM
    • 3,498 Posts
    • 28,814 Thanks
    bunbun2
    hello all. hope you have all had a good week end. I have made my halloween card, it is on my blog

I would like to say a big thank you to salesadmin for my challenge prize. She sent me some lovely things and especially lots of papers. I really need some new papers so this was perfect timing
  • melissa75
    Dawnteabag - were the feather boas a clue then????? Did you buy any of the cardstock or did you resist??? I haven't bought mine yet.

Craftygranny - yeah - you're back!!! I love the quality of the bazzill to especially the texture and the fact that you can get so many colours.

Furrypig - yeah it was the silver card that I meant, I thought it might have been your cuttlebug at work - it looks lovely!!

The-wife - your card is gorgeous - it looks great with the gems!!!

Rusty - your mascots are so cute - I'm sure your kids will love them.

Dragonflew - your challenge card is fabulous - thanks so much for entering! Love those milk cartons - I have saved the link!!!

Kim_Possible - your halloween items are brilliant and I love the colours on your Australian muffin!!!!

Hels - welcome back!!!!
  • melissa75
    Bunbun - lovely halloween card - love the bright orange embossed card - thanks for entering!!!!
    • dawnteabag
    • By dawnteabag 18th Oct 09, 9:29 PM
    • 1,016 Posts
    • 10,635 Thanks
    dawnteabag
    Dawnteabag - were the feather boas a clue then????? Did you buy any of the cardstock or did you resist??? I haven't bought mine yet.
    Originally posted by melissa75
    They weren't a clue - just a costume prop but we had to do abit of shimmying with them to see who was the best flapper!

I haven't bought any coredinations. You'll note that I aven't exactly answered your question though. Was it you a while back who was after the glitter snoflakes lace paper - they have some here for £1 a sheet. HAD to get some and made it up the £5 min order with some bazill bling. free p&p
  • craftygranny
    Melissa i'll try and get a challenge card finished by tomorrow i haven't had chance today it's been like a mad house people in and out all day. Lovely and quiet now the last ones have just gone home lol.
    Ali my mil drove me nuts today she kept saying death isn't coming fast enough . When she'd gone home my daughter said i didn't know if to call a doctor or give her the bread knife. terrible aren't we. Didn't help that i'd only said this morning i feel old today my babies are now 18.
    Love the links to all the yummy card but my hubby may not be so happy. lol
  • furrypig
    Evening all!

Glad you liked the stash Hels, hope you had a great time away.
    Bunbun and Dragonllew you have some great Halloween goodies on your blogs for some reason I seem unable to leave comments at the moment but will try again shortly!!
    Had a wonderful weekend, the weather has been great and DH has done all the cooking (how sweet and what a great treat!). Last night we all chilled in front of the Tv with Strictly and the X Factor (tho' we did miss Merlin!)
    Today we went to Winkworth Arboretum and walked round the grounds looking at the amazing trees in all their glorious colours, hopefully Dh got some good pics too. This afternoon whilst DH watched the Grand Prix I did some crafting and got Rainmac's stash swop ready (part made the ATC and have to start on the card swop still!)
    So here is the card for Melissa's Halloween challenge
    there is another picture and more details over on my blog
    • dawnteabag
    • By dawnteabag 18th Oct 09, 10:34 PM
    • 1,016 Posts
    • 10,635 Thanks
    dawnteabag
    actually, I just remembered it was Saveapenny who was lusting after that glitter lace cardstock over on Crafty Place.
  • melissa75
    dawnteabag - were you the best flapper???? Sorry it wasn't me who was after that card - it looks nice though!!!!

Craftygranny - your mil sounds like a right laugh!!!! I remember seeing John Cleese being interviewed once and he was saying his Mum rang him up once moaning about how hard her life was, to which he replied that he knew a man in Nottingham that would put her out of her misery!!

Furrypig - lovely challenge card - thanks for entering - I love the tones of your flowers!!!!
    • jamtart6
    • By jamtart6 18th Oct 09, 10:48 PM
    • 8,650 Posts
    • 25,443 Thanks
    jamtart6
    Hi all! Anyone (except choccy) got a bind-it-all? I'm having a "need" for one -but not sure if I will use it very much, and are the supplies for it expensive? Thanks for any thoughts

ETA: Also where is the cheapest place for Bazzil and Basic Grey paper packs please? THAN-Q XX
    Last edited by jamtart6; 18-10-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Being Thrifty Gifty again this year

• melissa75
    Hi jamtart - I've got a bind-it-all, I use it for making notebooks but there's loads more that you can make with it. The machine itself is about 45 quid - I've got the older version - the blue one - but there is a pink one out. The official covers and pages are quite expensive, but I just use bits of cardboard and cut my pages up myself using my guillotine. The wires aren't too bad - they come in strips of 12 inches - I think I make 4 notebooks out of one strip, there's loads of colours to choose from. The one thing I would advise is that you purchase the bigger wires - they are a bit more expensive but you'll use them loads more. When I first got my bind it all I went mad and bought loads of the 3/8 inch wires but they are too small to work with.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

10Posts Today

3,375Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin