Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 4th Aug 09, 11:21 AM
    • 29,678Posts
    • 45,216Thanks
    savvy
    Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3)
    • 4th Aug 09, 11:21 AM
    Making Cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (Part 3) 4th Aug 09 at 11:21 AM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, and the second thread - Part 2 it may be a good idea to look these first for advice
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm

I'm a volunteer Board Guide on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, I can move & change posts, but don't read them all, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones
Page 22
  • RustyFlange
    I was admiring the lovely flowers on rainmacs tea bag holders. does anyone know where they are from? I suspect it was poppicrafts who no longer sell them?:confused:
    http://rainmacsplace.blogspot.com/2009/08/some-craft-fair-bits.html
    Originally posted by Kim_Possible
    Some of them may well have been from calico crafts as lots of us ordered loads when they reduced them all to 20p a pack! ...
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Gemm85
    hi all, hope everyones ok and enjoying the fact that it's FRIDAY!!!! I certainly am lol

rainmac hope you have a good time at U2, and good luck for your craft fair! is it an indoors one or outdoors?

melissa I love your scrapbook page, little Elliot is so gorgeous!

flourgirl your challenge card is beautiful, thanks for entering !

kim those pocket cards are gorgeous, love the papers

Rusty I am so pleased for you that you've found your crafting mojo, your tri fold card is fab

Padster have a fab weekend in Edinburgh,we went a few years ago and went in the castle, it's lovely

have a good trip to see sylphraven choccy!
  • craftygranny
    rusty glad to hear they reached you ok. Kaitlyn has a better eye for these things than me . she's very good at choosing colours etc to put together. She was dying to use her mr men papers lol. Glad to hear you're enjoying your crafting again.

Hope everyone who's going away has a great time.

rainmac hope your pain doesn't spoil your concert.
  • THE-WIFE
    me in the disco jumping for joy, Rusty's mojo is back!

Tried to leave a coment, Rusty, but I couldn't get to the word verification bit, will try tonight when I get home, back to blogland (Yup! extremely busy at work)
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• Kim_Possible
    • By Kim_Possible 14th Aug 09, 2:09 PM
    • 842 Posts
    • 9,916 Thanks
    Kim_Possible
    Some of them may well have been from calico crafts as lots of us ordered loads when they reduced them all to 20p a pack! ...
    Originally posted by RustyFlange
    thanks rusty- its v diff to find reasonably priced flowers when ur trying to be good and not order anything else and still justify the p and p! Ill go look now, thanks!
    • flourgirl
    • By flourgirl 14th Aug 09, 2:57 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 44,884 Thanks
    flourgirl
    Yay Rusty so glad you are crafting again lovely tri fold card and fab dinosaur papers

I cant believe your DH has been working 8 weeks my how time is flying, I'm really glad they have extended his contract.

Marg thank for your comments on my stitched card its the way it is stitched that gives it that shape, its really quite easy. If you want a copy just PM your email and I will send it to you. I do hope your DH passes his flying medical.

I really need to get my head down and do the tri fold card TODAY instead of putting it off, might even dust down the Ultimate pro for it:rolleyes:
    • flourgirl
    • By flourgirl 14th Aug 09, 2:58 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 44,884 Thanks
    flourgirl
    Craftygranny if you want the instructions for the card just PM your email too
    • flourgirl
    • By flourgirl 14th Aug 09, 3:24 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 44,884 Thanks
    flourgirl
    Have you all seen this

http://digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.wordpress.com/freebie-friday/
  • mary-op
    rainmac - love the post it notes and tea bag holders - any chance of instructions how to do them -have to be idiot proof for me though
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
    • Skiergirl
    • By Skiergirl 14th Aug 09, 5:22 PM
    • 994 Posts
    • 9,072 Thanks
    Skiergirl
    Rusty - sorry - I missed your fab card before
  • melissa75
    Choccy - hope you and Sylphraven have a fab time!

Marg - sorry you've been having a tough time with your m-i-l.

Rainmac - my house is the same as soon as I've tidied one room the kids have messed another one up! I am really lucky - my m-i-l is fabulous!!! Hope you have a great time at the concert - I'm going to see the wrestling in November - I'm so excited!

Kaitlyn - your "thank you" card arrived today and it is beautiful - thank you so much!!!!! You are a very talented girl!!!!

Craftygranny - your OH sounds lovely - 3 packs of promarkers!!!!

Rusty - gorgeous card, the papers work so well together, and it looks great with the card candy - your mojo is definately back!

Kim_Possible - this site is great for flowers too, and if you order just their flowers then their postage is free:
    http://www.sarahscardsltd.com/shop/213/index.htm
    • Kim_Possible
    • By Kim_Possible 14th Aug 09, 6:48 PM
    • 842 Posts
    • 9,916 Thanks
    Kim_Possible
    thank you mellissa, i was going to but the mixed bag on there but its out of stock- ill just have to keep watch over it
  • hels102
    Hello everyone
    OMG I've got soooo much to catch up on, I've been so pre-occupied with the wedding I'm not having a minute to myself, I plan to sit down with a glass of wine later and properly catch up!

Craftygranny Your holder and kaitlyns card arrived today, Joshua was over the moon he hasn't left the card alone he even had to phone his bampi to tell him all about it, I love the holder you made for me and all the papers you put inside wow they are fab! Have you made them using your cuttlebug? they are fab!

Can also ask a silly question I bought a heat gun half price in wilkos how on earth do i use it? I've bought the powders but do i need to buy special stickers to make the powder stick?!

Looking forward to a proper catch up later!
  • hels102
    Rusty I LOVEcard!!!!! it's amazing the papers are fab! Proper boys card!
  • dragonllew

Can also ask a silly question I bought a heat gun half price in wilkos how on earth do i use it? I've bought the powders but do i need to buy special stickers to make the powder stick?!
    Originally posted by hels102
    You can either stamp an image and then sprinkle your embossing powder on and then emboss it or you can buy a double ended pen so you can draw or write what you want and the powder will stick to the ink. Your ink needs to be slow drying thinks its called pigment ink will try and find a link for the pen for you now.
    Link for pen: about half way down page the versamark pen http://www.craftsulove.co.uk/embossing_powders.htm
  • dragonllew
    Craftygranny thankyou for the lovely card you sent me today with all the lovely stamped images in it.
  • craftygranny
    hels Kaitlyn will be thrilled to know it reached you ok.
    yes the papers were done on the bug. my kids bought me the bug and the folders for xmas and until a few weeks ago hadn't been out of the packets.
    now we have a craft room kaitlyn is on a mission to try everything lol.

only flourgirl and the wife still to get theirs from kaitlyn i think and they are on the way so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

If anyone else wants any cuttlebugged papers just give me a shout and i'll get kaitlyn working lol. she would happily use it all day.

She has been choosing more images from e bay today she loves the noseless ones lol. the cards are on her blog except the 2 that haven't got to flourgirl and the wife yet. blog here
  • mary-op
    What super cards Well done
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • hels102
    phew think I've caught up!
    Melissa your scrapbook page is fab baby elliot is gorgeous!
    Lei Your card is stunning! I love your Swansea football card! my home team!!!!
    Rainmac hope you have a fab time this evening!
    Dragonllew I'm still confused on the embosing malarky... doesn't take much to confuse me... ok if i stamp an image then pour on the powder do i just use the heat gun then? gosh i sound so stupid!
    Craftygranny I've promised Joshua he can go through my craft drawers tomorrow and pick what bits and bobs he would like to use to make a card for kaitlyn!
    and totally off the subject here is my dress..... it's the red one but I've gone for ivory though I couldnt bring myself to go for red even though it would be fitting for the time of year!
    http://www.silkdesignerdresses.co.uk/links.htm
  • dragonllew
    phew think I've caught up!
    Melissa your scrapbook page is fab baby elliot is gorgeous!
    Lei Your card is stunning! I love your Swansea football card! my home team!!!!
    Rainmac hope you have a fab time this evening!
    Dragonllew I'm still confused on the embosing malarky... doesn't take much to confuse me... ok if i stamp an image then pour on the powder do i just use the heat gun then? gosh i sound so stupid!
    Craftygranny I've promised Joshua he can go through my craft drawers tomorrow and pick what bits and bobs he would like to use to make a card for kaitlyn!
    and totally off the subject here is my dress..... it's the red one but I've gone for ivory though I couldnt bring myself to go for red even though it would be fitting for the time of year!
    http://www.silkdesignerdresses.co.uk/links.htm
    Originally posted by hels102
    First of all wow gorgeous dress
    ok back to embossing stamp your image then pour your embossing powder onto your image I usually have a piece of a4 paper underneath as this catches the excess powder pick up your image and gently knock off any excess and then heat with your gun
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,774Posts Today

7,550Users online

Martin's Twitter