Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Doodles22
    Ford Mondeo Enigine Management Lights ALL On HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 21st Jul 09, 8:29 PM
    Ford Mondeo Enigine Management Lights ALL On HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21st Jul 09 at 8:29 PM
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:

I am really in need of some urgent advice and am calling on all you faithful MSE members.
    I went to work this morning as normal no problem, I parked up and then went out for lunch and when I got in I noticed after starting the car ALL the engine management lights are on
    I have the ABS light, Traction light on and handbrake light stays on even when the handbrake is disengaged

I hoped they'd go off, but after going home again they have said on and don't appear to be willing to go off, so I tried one thing thinking maybe the handbrake was jammed on sightly and took the car for a drive along road that no one is about in and took the car upto 60 miles an hour and suddenly jammed the brakes on, the car did skid sightly and the ABS appears now to be failing.

Before doing this check I felt all brake drums and there red hot and so is the brake unit under the boonet
    This sounds to me like a complete brake failure on the whole system, right after I've spent 1000's on it and 700 to get it through an MOT last week

I have no ideal what else to do now, the car drives but the brakes are all funny now and I wouldn't risk going on the motorway with it now

I have it booked in to be placed on to faults computer Thursday at my local garage.

However anyone have any ideals?
    By the way, I tried the resetting the ECU myself and the lights just come back on.
    Also the brake drums are red hot from only driving arouund 4 miles and is it normal for the braking unit under the bonnet to be RED HOT and unable to keep your hand on it.

All advice welcome
    Last edited by Doodles22; 21-07-2009 at 8:35 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,793Posts Today

6,766Users online

Martin's Twitter