Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Decorating Costs
    • 12th Apr 06, 12:35 PM
    Decorating Costs 12th Apr 06 at 12:35 PM
    I've just had a quote for decorating my house.

It's a 4 Bedroom house with;

Hallway, Toilet, Study, Kitchen/Breakfast Room, Utility Room, Dining Room, Lounge, Stairway.

Landing, Bathroom, 2 Double Bedrooms, 1 Single Bedroom, Master Bedroom and En-Suite.

There are quite a few chips/dents in plasterboard and most of the window sills etc have cracks around which would need filling etc..

2 bay windows, 2 large windows (4 pane) and 7 small windows (2 pane).

All windows are wood, painted white. Fascia boards etc need painting and gutters cleaned etc.

The quote came back as -

Outside Materials = 65
    Outside Labour = 890
    Inside Materials = 190
    Inside Labour = 3540

Total Cost = 4685

This seems excessive to me. Is this right?? Perhaps I had underestimated the cost of putting paint on walls?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

870Posts Today

5,757Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Back to the Arndale centre from 1 o'clock today for more of @itvMLshow roadshow - do come along, say hi, ask a question, join a cashmob...

• 25m byron burger voucher ends in seconds

• It's official (by me) Manchester has a far better crisp selection than London & cheaper. Just refound tomato snaps & salt n vinegar twists!

• Follow Martin