Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Phones & TV > Mobiles > Asda mobile - anyone else having MMS problems ? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Asda mobile - anyone else having MMS problems ?
Closed Thread
Views: 4,436
# 1
jblackmore
Old 01-07-2009, 4:06 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Asda mobile - anyone else having MMS problems ?

I've switched both my Vodafone contract phones to Asda PAYG mobile, mostly hassle free, only issue is you have to register with Asda on the first phone call, otherwise your stuck having to call 0845 number, as you won't have enough credit to register, and can't top up without registering ;-0

Have setup both phones for MMS using the 4 pages of instructions asda email you (84 steps no less!), and each phone can send itself a picture message fine.

However trying to send a picture from one phone to the other doesn't work, receiving phone gets a text message 'You've been sent a picture message by 447920xxxxxx open it at http;//www.vodafone.co.uk/getmyphoto your password is xxxxxxx

Does anyone have MMS working on Asda mobile ?
# 2
reddwarf2002
Old 01-07-2009, 7:23 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblackmore View Post
I've switched both my Vodafone contract phones to Asda PAYG mobile, mostly hassle free, only issue is you have to register with Asda on the first phone call, otherwise your stuck having to call 0845 number, as you won't have enough credit to register, and can't top up without registering ;-0

Have setup both phones for MMS using the 4 pages of instructions asda email you (84 steps no less!), and each phone can send itself a picture message fine.

However trying to send a picture from one phone to the other doesn't work, receiving phone gets a text message 'You've been sent a picture message by 447920xxxxxx open it at http;//www.vodafone.co.uk/getmyphoto your password is xxxxxxx

Does anyone have MMS working on Asda mobile ?
Your problem is the receiving phone (sim) hasn't had MMS activated on the account as it is done only when you have sent your first MMS from that phone.

If you send an MMS back to the phone that you have already sent an MMS from then it will be received.

So in short you simply need to send an MMS first before you can receive! ;-)
# 3
jblackmore
Old 02-07-2009, 9:09 AM
MoneySaving Convert

As I said, both phones can send themselves MMS fine, I did this first to check MMS settings, so this isn't it.

I've contacted Asda mobile through website, they replied:
"thank you for your email. We are not aware of any issues regarding 0791
numbers. However, I have passed on your information regarding the no.
07917xxxxxx. This has been raised as a service fault. The service fault
team will investigate this further and should get back to you within 5 days."
# 4
amime
Old 19-07-2009, 12:37 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I am having the same problem. I can send from my phone to my phone, but have problems sending to other phones.... and the nice thing is even when I try to send and I get a Send Failed message... Asda still charges me!
# 5
Jon 01
Old 19-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

The message sending you to the web for the picture should only be received if the phone hasn't got MMS on its acc.

Just as a test, try sending a picture from each phone to itself and see what happens.
Closed Thread