Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

esure (Car) + Morley Slater (Body Shop, Derby) = Nightmare! Please Help!
    • 30th Jun 09, 4:20 PM
    esure (Car) + Morley Slater (Body Shop, Derby) = Nightmare! Please Help! 30th Jun 09 at 4:20 PM
    Hello All,

I am writing today to assist a friend who is in desperate need of help!

My friend had another car crash into him on a roundabout, the other driver caused damage to the drivers door and rear panel. He promptly contacted his insurance company, esure, to claim to get his car fixed. esure arranged for Helphire to come and drop of a replacement car and for the body shop, Morley Slater, to collect his car. The repair began and all went well until last Friday.

On Friday he recieved a telephone call from Morley Stater to advise the repair was almost complete, during this telephone call he was asked if his central locking was working before the accident. He replied yes, as it had been.

A short while later he received another telephone call from Morley Slater to advise they had checked the central locking and it could not have ever worked as there were some components missing! The missing parts were part of the locking mechanism from the door that has been replaced and the switch from inside his keys! Morley Salter said there was nothing more they could do!

Quite shocked by this my fried immediately got on the phone to esure to ask for help. esure advised they already know about the situation but would get the engineering department to contact him to sort things out. Another lengthy phone call with the engineering department and my friend was basically called a liar and that he was trying to get something fixed that has never worked. The engineer did say he would have words with someone and make a final decision.

Today the final decision has come from esure, it is not good news, they are not going to fix his central locking. They want the hire car back and if he wants a car to drive he is going to have to pay the excess and collect his car back still faulty!

He really does not know to do now, the central locking did work before it went in for repair. I even have CCTV footage from less than an hour after the accident when he came to my work to show me the damage. This video shows him reach into his pocket, remove his keys and press the button, then the hazard lights flash on his car!

After esure were told about the CCTV he was again called a liar and told that he has fabricated the recordings! Why would he do this?

Thanks in advance for any advice offered, I really hope we can get this sorted for him!

Last edited by digi-tal; 30-06-2009 at 5:15 PM. Reason: Spellings!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,116Posts Today

6,009Users online

Martin's Twitter