Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales > Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total ... (Page 3)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company
Views: 121,586
# 41
custardy
Old 17-05-2010, 7:31 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADIE View Post
Well it must have gone well cos not heard anything!
oops

yup arrived with no problems
I think in general our area is pretty well served by couriers
Honesty,integrity,self sufficiency.
Seems I'm in the minority on this.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 42
burcrita1
Old 17-05-2010, 9:21 AM
MoneySaving Convert

i v been using Hermes for long time.I had no problem with the service at all.Yes there were couple of late deliveries..thats it.Our local Hermes lady is fab.She knows our school run times.I sometimes drop parcels to her house.All i can say every company has good and bad points.
i personaly would never use DHL and HDN again.Dhl lost my items 3-4 times.i was out of pocket.HDN is different ball game.I dont like the way they operate.They try to delivery your goods once.They dont try again unless you give them a call(10p a minute).Useless.............
# 43
lindseykim13
Old 17-05-2010, 2:48 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

As this thread is up, i'll just say that i continue to use them for my business/ebay shop and considering i have collections nearly every day i have only ever had 2 collections go wrong and that was because my usual courier had been ill and the stand in was useless! It did also take 3 emails to get my refund. I still use them though as much easier than lugging them to the PO and a tad cheaper with the general rule being if they haven't collected by 5pm i take them to the post office and get a refind off hermes.
# 44
DaveAshton
Old 17-05-2010, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burcrita1 View Post
Dhl lost my items 3-4 times.i was out of pocket.
Is there a reason you didn't claim the compensation for lost parcels? If you keep all the relevant paperwork, and proof of the value of the item, you shouldn't have a situation where you're out of pocket... unless you decided not to buy the increased comensation for a high value item, obviously. And that'd be your fault, not theirs.
We want our scarves back.

Rhi

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveAshton For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 45
burcrita1
Old 17-05-2010, 5:55 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAshton View Post
Is there a reason you didn't claim the compensation for lost parcels? If you keep all the relevant paperwork, and proof of the value of the item, you shouldn't have a situation where you're out of pocket... unless you decided not to buy the increased comensation for a high value item, obviously. And that'd be your fault, not theirs.
did i say anything about not claiming back! of course i claimed.first of all i had to refund the buyer.they dont pay real value of your item.they asked me to show ebay invoice.It took nearly 40 days to get my money back except postage i paid.I was out of pocket 9
# 46
Morgoth11
Old 17-05-2010, 7:08 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I bought an item off eBay & the guy used 'myhermes' to deliver,they picked it up next day,then the following day checking their parcel tracking they said it was sent to their 'central hub'.

Six days later,& guess what,its still says its at their 'central hub'.

So i used their contact on the web page,filled it in got an instant automated reply telling me their sorry they cant deal with me about it & to contact the company i bought the item off.

On the site i was on there wasnt any telephone number to ring.

So in conclusion my opinion of 'myhermes' is not good.
# 47
DaveAshton
Old 17-05-2010, 7:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burcrita1 View Post
did i say anything about not claiming back! of course i claimed.first of all i had to refund the buyer.they dont pay real value of your item.they asked me to show ebay invoice.It took nearly 40 days to get my money back except postage i paid.I was out of pocket 9
So they asked for the ebay invoice, which shows how much you sold it for not how much you bought it for? I don't see how you made a loss then, unless you're selling at a loss in the first place.

I could understand it if the courier wanted to see your buying price originally (cost of replacement) but to compensate based on the selling price... Shame Royal Mail don't do that
We want our scarves back.

Rhi

Condoms should be used on every conceivable occasion.
# 48
vicki b
Old 21-05-2010, 1:04 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

i agree Hermes are total RUBBISH, they have delivered 2 of my parcels to the wrong address and then called me a liar saying they had delivered them to me-i only got them back as the person who they had wrongly delivered them to knocked on my door!one of them had been left in the garden at the wrong address!they have also completely lost another parcel!

when you try and complain about them, its always their word over yours and they have done the job for years etc etc

i wouldn't use them in a million years
# 49
deanos
Old 21-05-2010, 1:39 PM

I also have problems with My Hermes, the goods get here fine but if i have to send something back they never turn up on the day, i booked a return for Monday and they turned up this morning , always the same they never turn up when they are meant to.
# 50
SADIE
Old 21-05-2010, 9:21 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally posted by deanos
I also have problems with My Hermes, the goods get here fine but if i have to send something back they never turn up on the day, i booked a return for Monday and they turned up this morning , always the same they never turn up when they are meant to.
What did the courier say when you quizzed them about the no show?

I've had some problems as a courier, a different day being given for collection to me and to the customer although generally I lose and it's a day earlier than the customer expects.

If that's not the case, complain, My Hermes don't like no shows from couriers.

# 51
Gabesmum
Old 22-05-2010, 11:48 AM
MoneySaving Convert

The women who used to deliver and collect for me have packed in recently, it's a shame as I always got fantastic service from them. Always very quick at delivering and picking up. Since the new couriers took over I've had parcels delivered later than they used to be and a complete no show to collect a parcel last week. Shame really.
# 52
deanos
Old 22-05-2010, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SADIE View Post

I've had some problems as a courier, a different day being given for collection to me and to the customer although generally I lose and it's a day earlier than the customer expects.

I did say to the courier you were meant to me here on Monday, he said he knows its late but was given the job from someone else
# 53
Emmarillo
Old 22-05-2010, 5:53 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I haven't used My Hermes to send parcels but I have a lot delivered by them (Debenhams, Boden, Next) and i've never been less than impressed. Also we live in a small close and I work at the front of the house and see the driver almost every day. The driver is an older gentleman, very efficient, and seems to know who has school runs etc, and works around that; and hes very appreciated by us.
Thats not to say that the company's not a complete shambles, but my experiences are good.
# 54
sillywilly
Old 23-05-2010, 1:39 AM
PPR
MoneySaving Stalwart

Worked fine for me, arrived at time stated and delivered quickly.
# 55
SADIE
Old 25-05-2010, 10:11 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by SADIE

Quote:
I did say to the courier you were meant to me here on Monday, he said he knows its late but was given the job from someone else
Someones telling Porkys.
MyHermes don't pass on jobs to other companies. If a MyHermes parcel is undelivered head office is on to you before your bum touches the chair or( the minute you close down your HHT and download, they are aware). They want to know why and to be sure it's a customer problem and not a courier problem.

# 56
kessik
Old 26-05-2010, 10:36 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Just sent another parcel with myhermes, booked it last night and the courier was here by 10 this morning. Really, I think they're good.
# 57
deanos
Old 24-06-2010, 11:24 PM

I have now cancelled my Grattan account because of the useless Hermes courier , got another return sat here that was meant to be picked up on Monday and Hermes have still not been to collect and its Friday tomorrow
# 58
kiwicat
Old 20-07-2010, 1:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default myhermes

Always had excellent service. Send lots of parcels and have no complaint. I think it is an error to complain about one failure, sort it and try again!
# 59
pulliptears
Old 20-07-2010, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwicat View Post
Always had excellent service. Send lots of parcels and have no complaint. I think it is an error to complain about one failure, sort it and try again!

mmmhmmmmmm
This is my bargain you mewling quim!

The Following User Says Thank You to pulliptears For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 60
rob37rob
Old 02-08-2010, 3:16 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Angry my hermes/ my loss / waste of money

I have received a parcel today, dispached in good faith by a fellow Ebayer, the parcel was well wrapped/ packed up, however the contents ( a cofffee set) arrived more than 70% broken to pieces out of 18 pieces 6 saucers and 3 cups remained intact, i would not recomend anyone to use this co. The Royal Mail may not be as reliable as it once was but the extra expence incurred from using them is in my opinion very worthwhile.