Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mogwai
    • By mogwai 28th Jun 09, 10:47 AM
    • 1,235Posts
    • 2,870Thanks
    mogwai
    Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company
    • 28th Jun 09, 10:47 AM
    Stay away from myhermes delivery company - total quack company 28th Jun 09 at 10:47 AM
    Just a heads up for people thinking of using this company - don't.

From the very start it was unprofessional - the pickup guy started off by calling me randomly and asking if I had any papers, and where it was going, and was I the sender or the buyer (??).

When he arrived, he kept asking for papers, which weren't provided and left my brother with a tiny sticker with the name myhermes on it. Not sure what that was supposed to be about - so no confirmation papers, nothing.

After a couple of weeks, the buyer contacts me to say he hasnt received the item. I email and call the company all day - no response. The buyer has now put in a paypal claim and rightly so..

Steer clear, the hassle is not worth the tempting cheap prices on offer
    We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

Debt at LBM (Sep 07): £13,500. Current debt: £680 £480 £560 £13 £0 overdraft
    Current aims - to start building up savings
    1st £1000 in 100 days - £1178.03 2nd £1053.38/£1000 3rd £863.59/£1000
Page 21
    • custardy
    • By custardy 9th Aug 14, 7:01 PM
    • 32,391 Posts
    • 27,156 Thanks
    custardy
    Could be worse

https://twitter.com/benjamin1980/status/497737791166750720
    • Alias_Omega
    • By Alias_Omega 10th Aug 14, 7:45 AM
    • 7,199 Posts
    • 3,886 Thanks
    Alias_Omega
    Had 2 parcels over 2kg. Charged £6.28 for P&P which is MyHermes lowest price.

Had to send one via Royal Mail for £12 and the other with myHermes otherwise no profit/not worth it and may well sell on Facebook locally.

• custardy
    • By custardy 10th Aug 14, 8:00 AM
    • 32,391 Posts
    • 27,156 Thanks
    custardy

Had to send one via Royal Mail for £12 and the other with myHermes otherwise no profit/not worth it and may well sell on Facebook locally.
    Originally posted by Alias_Omega
    Your post makes no sense?
    Why not send both Myhermes?
    • Kernow666
    • By Kernow666 10th Aug 14, 12:27 PM
    • 3,358 Posts
    • 3,115 Thanks
    Kernow666

Originally posted by Alias_Omega
    over 2kg ?

they charge £5.48 for 2-5kg
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • joelandfleur
    myHermes Package Lost at Their Locl Deopot!!
    I read with interest the inadequacies of myHermes and have now fallen foul of their irresponsible attitudes concerning property not belonging to them.
    Having purchased an irreplaceable expensive antique item from eBay during August of this year, it appears that this item - of quite considerable size, has been 'lost' in their local depot, to which I have no access and still languishes there. Despite both the sender any I contacting them on many occasions, the organisation will not deal with me, as they suggest that because of contractual reasons it is the responsibility solely of the shipper - even though the goods belong to me and I have paid for their postage.
    myHermes - I hope you pick up this issue, as the ball is firmly in your court - shipping number: 8305703246829487
    Has this total lack of customer care happened to others?
    • custardy
    • By custardy 2nd Oct 14, 6:38 PM
    • 32,391 Posts
    • 27,156 Thanks
    custardy
    I read with interest the inadequacies of myHermes and have now fallen foul of their irresponsible attitudes concerning property not belonging to them.
    Having purchased an irreplaceable expensive antique item from eBay during August of this year, it appears that this item - of quite considerable size, has been 'lost' in their local depot, to which I have no access and still languishes there. Despite both the sender any I contacting them on many occasions, the organisation will not deal with me, as they suggest that because of contractual reasons it is the responsibility solely of the shipper - even though the goods belong to me and I have paid for their postage.
    myHermes - I hope you pick up this issue, as the ball is firmly in your court - shipping number: 8305703246829487
    Has this total lack of customer care happened to others?
    Originally posted by joelandfleur

So this expensive and irreplaceable antique.
    sent via a cheap service that doesn't cover antiques?
    What was the thinking there?
    I suggest you follow common sense and get your money back from the seller/sender.
    You will get nothing from Hermes.
  • stagebright
    Just adding my 2 cents - Plenty of awful experience with MyHermes. Avoid!

Also - YODEL!
  • sar80
    Had 3 text messages on 3 separate days saying my order has been received and will be out for delivery that day. Someone has been in on all 3 days and nobody has knocked on the door. No card left. Neighbours on both sides are retired and in most of the time. Fed up.

Date Time Status
    23/11/2014 12:06 Label Reprinted
    22/11/2014 08:37 Not Delivered - Large Item
    22/11/2014 08:36 Courier Received
    21/11/2014 19:47 Courier to Re-attempt on 22/11/2014
    21/11/2014 09:04 Courier Received
    21/11/2014 04:52 Out For Delivery To Courier
    20/11/2014 21:50 Processed at Depot
    20/11/2014 21:47 Receipt at Depot
    19/11/2014 10:19 Courier Received
    19/11/2014 10:19 Not Delivered - Large Item
    19/11/2014 06:23 Preadvice Update
    19/11/2014 01:51 Processed at Depot
    19/11/2014 01:49 Receipt at Depot
    18/11/2014 16:40 Hub Sorter Receipt Scan
    • custardy
    • By custardy 24th Nov 14, 5:01 AM
    • 32,391 Posts
    • 27,156 Thanks
    custardy
    Had 3 text messages on 3 separate days saying my order has been received and will be out for delivery that day. Someone has been in on all 3 days and nobody has knocked on the door. No card left. Neighbours on both sides are retired and in most of the time. Fed up.

Date Time Status
    23/11/2014 12:06 Label Reprinted
    22/11/2014 08:37 Not Delivered - Large Item
    22/11/2014 08:36 Courier Received
    21/11/2014 19:47 Courier to Re-attempt on 22/11/2014
    21/11/2014 09:04 Courier Received
    21/11/2014 04:52 Out For Delivery To Courier
    20/11/2014 21:50 Processed at Depot
    20/11/2014 21:47 Receipt at Depot
    19/11/2014 10:19 Courier Received
    19/11/2014 10:19 Not Delivered - Large Item
    19/11/2014 06:23 Preadvice Update
    19/11/2014 01:51 Processed at Depot
    19/11/2014 01:49 Receipt at Depot
    18/11/2014 16:40 Hub Sorter Receipt Scan
    Originally posted by sar80
    and i assume this is a owner/driver using their car.
    hence the delivery issue
    • chompie
    • By chompie 24th Nov 14, 1:12 PM
    • 2,314 Posts
    • 1,795 Thanks
    chompie
    Well in the middle of a claim with P4D (using inpost) and they are even ignoring me.

was told I had to wait 2 weeks to claim, then 2 weeks for the cheque (yes in this day and age will only refund by cheque), now it seems I have to wait two weeks for them to respond to emails.

Wouldn't even refund me the full amount I was due (which I was insured for) as I had stated the post was more than it cost.

Total joke company.
    Where the !!!! has the Shrug gone! :confused: just doesn't cut it... and these don't come close
    • leigh r
    • By leigh r 5th Apr 16, 7:07 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    leigh r
    refuse to use herms again!!!!
    Sent a parcel from ebay, 7days after paying for the item I still haddnt received it I contacted the seller to ask for a tracking number so I could see were abouts it was, she informed me it had been delivered to me already that day. And obviously I hadn't received it so she then contacted them and so did I by email they confirmed that the parcel had been delivered. So i rang 10 local Hermes drop off points no luck, again they insisted it had been delivered and there was no answer at the door so it got left OUTSIDE UNDER A BLUE BOX!!!!!! well my blue box isn't outside but apparantley the driver left a card stating were he had left my parcel. So I checked and no card. Then I get a contact number and ring them the lady I spoke to was nice on phone she contacted the driver who delivered my parcel and he explained were he delivered it he only took it to the wrong address!!!!how incompetent they are. I have a parcel being delivered with them and I keep checking it I will never use them off my own back....
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 5th Apr 16, 7:13 AM
    • 10,897 Posts
    • 7,301 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Sent a parcel from ebay, 7days after paying for the item I still haddnt received it I contacted the seller to ask for a tracking number so I could see were abouts it was, she informed me it had been delivered to me already that day. And obviously I hadn't received it so she then contacted them and so did I by email they confirmed that the parcel had been delivered. So i rang 10 local Hermes drop off points no luck, again they insisted it had been delivered and there was no answer at the door so it got left OUTSIDE UNDER A BLUE BOX!!!!!! well my blue box isn't outside but apparantley the driver left a card stating were he had left my parcel. So I checked and no card. Then I get a contact number and ring them the lady I spoke to was nice on phone she contacted the driver who delivered my parcel and he explained were he delivered it he only took it to the wrong address!!!!how incompetent they are. I have a parcel being delivered with them and I keep checking it I will never use them off my own back....
    Originally posted by leigh r
    Mis-deliveries happen with all carriers, including Royal Mail.

I don't know that I would go to the bother of registering just to dig out a 2 year old thread just to rant thought.

Rather than waste time ringing Hermes drop off points (who are just that) you have found out that it's best to contact them direct. Contacting them direct got you the resolution you needed. You got there in the end, you could have avoided yourself some inconvenience and time wasting by doing the obvious first, rather than last.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 5th Apr 16, 4:55 PM
    • 2,434 Posts
    • 2,522 Thanks
    LadyDee
    I have never had any trouble with Hermes, and would use them every time.

Last week I made a mistake in the delivery address of a parcel I was sending, contacted Hermes via LiveChat, waited a few seconds, explained what I'd done, gave them the reference number - they cancelled it for me and immediately processed a refund.

I was so impressed with their service I posted on the Praise, Vents & Warnings.

I think it's a brilliant service. Cheap, pay with Paypal, print out the label, stick it on the parcel, and collected from your door. Job done. Oh, and excellent tracking too.
    • in my wellies
    • By in my wellies 5th Apr 16, 10:57 PM
    • 718 Posts
    • 452 Thanks
    in my wellies
    I dropped a small parcel off at 12.45 pm yesterday and it arrived at 8.45 am this morning - 20 hours / £2.59. No complaints so far.
    Last month I processed the same order twice. Live chat credited my account within 10 minutes when i explained - full marks.
    I do use the insurance option for items over £25 but most of my sales are under £10 so I choose the cheapest
    Love living in a village in the country side
    Still enjoying my retirement
    • Chordeiles
    • By Chordeiles 11th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    Chordeiles
    They don't deliver after 20:00. Yet at 21:30 tracking still says "due for delivery today". That doesn't add up !
    • custardy
    • By custardy 12th Sep 17, 8:00 AM
    • 32,391 Posts
    • 27,156 Thanks
    custardy
    They don't deliver after 20:00. Yet at 21:30 tracking still says "due for delivery today". That doesn't add up !
    Originally posted by Chordeiles
    Well it does if you know a bit about parcel tracking systems.
    If an item doesnt receive a scan after being scanned "due for delivery today",then it will display that message until it receives a further scan eg delivered/undelivered,no access etc.
    • Brynsam
    • By Brynsam 12th Sep 17, 9:38 AM
    • 185 Posts
    • 172 Thanks
    Brynsam
    Originally posted by Chordeiles
    In theory they don't, but remember most of their couriers are local people doing the job part-time - and a family crisis or similar means delivery and collection times can vary considerably from the advertised times.
    • annszmagala
    • By annszmagala 23rd Sep 17, 2:48 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    annszmagala
    I sent a parcel that has been in transit for 2 mnths! still waiting for it to be returned back to me! its been stuck in the Netherlands sInce 1st September waiting to be shipped back! spoke to interparcel at least 10 times,countless emails sent! An absolute waste of time! nobody gives a !!!!! What s waste of money!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,908Posts Today

5,714Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin