Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    zareer
    Cost of new bathroom installation - is this fair?
    • 31st Mar 06, 12:30 PM
    Cost of new bathroom installation - is this fair? 31st Mar 06 at 12:30 PM
    Hi, I am having a new bathroom suite installed and I have a quote for the work. Basically, the quote is for ripping out the existing tiles and bath/toilet/sink and installing a new 3pc bathroom suite, tiling the floor and part of the wall and repainting the whole area.

The full quote is:

Remove old suite and tiles
    Plaster all walls to make good
    fit new bath and taps
    fit new toilet and cistern
    fit new basin and taps
    fit new built in thermostatic shower
    fit new shower screen
    fit new chrome towel rail
    Fit marine plywood to floor and screw at 150mm centres with stainless screws
    Tile floor and walls around bath
    Decorate room in colour of your choice

And the quote: £4,850!

I live in NW London if this makes a difference. Anyone have a view as to whether this is reasonable? Thanks

Last edited by MSE Archna; 02-05-2006 at 1:38 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,428Posts Today

7,997Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning

• Warning! Twitter's app update's outrageously reset autoplay video settings, so you eat data at speed. Full help http://t.co/42tOE1EagR RT

• RT @Harry_Bhoy: @MartinSLewis Saved my gran £323 by changing her electricity provider,and haggled her free broadband from Virgin worth £264?

• Follow Martin