Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • divadee
    • By divadee 28th Mar 06, 12:42 PM
    • 10,396Posts
    • 17,839Thanks
    divadee
    Competition Scams - Please Post Them Here
    • 28th Mar 06, 12:42 PM
    Competition Scams - Please Post Them Here 28th Mar 06 at 12:42 PM
    Unfortunately there are a lot of scam competitions about these days, one of the top ones being you have won a holiday and pay this admin fee to get it. 99.9% of the time you pay your money and never get your holiday.

Due to popular demand This thread has been created so all scams can be posted here, so hopefully no MSE'rs will get caught out and lose any money!!

One word of warning for you all. If you win a competition you should never have to pay for anything to get the prize ie. admin fee etc.....

This thread is only for competition scams. Any other warnings or rip offs should be placed here
    Last edited by divadee; 28-03-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Page 56
    • frenchfancy89
    • By frenchfancy89 24th Sep 17, 11:42 PM
    • 161 Posts
    • 11,256 Thanks
    frenchfancy89
    i recently received an email in my spam folder, i always check it just in case and it said along the lines of congratulations, you have won a £1000 m&s giftcard, please click through to confirm your address, i thankfully took a double look at the senders email and it was from NOS pepsi? i searched the email address and nothing came up apart from pepsi cola or nos products, i deleted anyway, but just in case someone gets something similar as i'd hoped it was a win from a comp i'd entered but seemed too fishy to me
    Winnings 2017 - adventure outdoors book, £25 cheque, Aden & Anais muslins, Dinner at La Bonne Auberge, £5.70 TCB
    Wish List - Mobile Phone, TV, Laptop, Family Holiday, ££££, Weekend Getaway

• ArtemisFowl
    • By ArtemisFowl 7th Nov 17, 8:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ArtemisFowl
    Hubby received what appears to be a too good to be true unsolicited mailing from nspco saying he’d won a cash prize for taking part in a telephone survey. You have to phone a premium number 09061 573203 or text or write. Digging further in small print it’s come from Wye Valley Promotions which digging around turns up being fined by one of the regulators in 2014...take it mailing should go straight into the shredder....
    • 2kidsgood3kidsheadache
    • By 2kidsgood3kidsheadache 15th Nov 17, 7:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    2kidsgood3kidsheadache
    iwon iwon

Does anyone have knowledge of the above site please?
    You can enter with just one click into lots of competitions, seems easy but I just want to know I am not wasting my time.
    • Marg2k8
    • By Marg2k8 15th Nov 17, 8:17 PM
    • 4,300 Posts
    • 158,849 Thanks
    Marg2k8
    iwon iwon

You can enter with just one click into lots of competitions, seems easy but I just want to know I am not wasting my time.
    Originally posted by 2kidsgood3kidsheadache
    Their competitions are posted on MSE here.

I have no reason to believe that they are a scam. They are owned by Simply Media and their competitions also appear on sites such as Mumsnet. I don't think Mumsnet would be associated with them if they had not satisfied themselves that they are a reputable company.

At least one person on MSE has won from them (see here).

Because they are so easy to enter, loads and loads of people probably enter, so your chances of winning are pretty slim.

• Abominus
    • By Abominus 15th Nov 17, 9:14 PM
    • 145 Posts
    • 5,426 Thanks
    Abominus
    iwon iwon

Originally posted by 2kidsgood3kidsheadache
    They are legit, won an Easter egg bundle from them in April.
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 15th Nov 17, 10:42 PM
    • 35,524 Posts
    • 233,551 Thanks
    mjm3346
    their competitions also appear on sites such as Mumsnet. I don't think Mumsnet would be associated with them if they had not satisfied themselves that they are a reputable company.
    Originally posted by Marg2k8
    As far as I know there are no issues with iwon iwon.

However, simply being featured on a "reputable" site is no guarantee that another site is - quite often money is involved and sites like ITV, Sky, magazines etc carry some competitions run by the worst sites that are on the MSE spam list. Also some sites carry ads inserted by Google and they have very little control over what those ads are.

iwon iwon and similar competition sites are listed here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5697243
    Last edited by mjm3346; 15-11-2017 at 11:02 PM.
    • 2kidsgood3kidsheadache
    • By 2kidsgood3kidsheadache 16th Nov 17, 8:15 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    2kidsgood3kidsheadache
    Thankyou very much for the quick answers!
    • Austin655
    • By Austin655 5th Dec 17, 1:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Austin655
    I received a letter from the Nspco national survey Prize and competition office the say I've won a minimum of & 25 upto £20000. But I have to either call them at a cost of £1.50pm plus the call charge for my phone provider on 09061573205 or text YUMMY135 to 88810 at £1.50 each for a total of six texts.
    At the bottom of this letter it give you the promotion companies address as wye Valley promotions Ltd t/a national survey, price and competition office. Reg. Office Green heys Walford Road Hertfordshire, HR9 5DB, Reg in England number 2415951.
    I have also received a further letter from them saying final reminder.
    This company appear to be absolute corrupt and are the base for lots of other entries for fraudulent activity reported on moneysavingsexpert.
    • Jenna Appleseed
    • By Jenna Appleseed 7th Dec 17, 3:34 AM
    • 2,087 Posts
    • 7,401 Thanks
    Jenna Appleseed
    Reeses & Fitness - @ReesesAndFitnes on twitter - need to be added to the do not post list
    Just had it confirmed that they've been running fake comps to get followers.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5748790
    Last edited by Jenna Appleseed; 07-12-2017 at 3:37 AM.
    "And suddenly I find myself listening to a man I've never known before,
    Telling me about the sea..."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,266Posts Today

7,372Users online

Martin's Twitter