Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 1
  • AsknAnswer
    • #2
    • 26th May 09, 6:13 PM
    • #2
    • 26th May 09, 6:13 PM
    There is no alternative, I'm afraid. That number is a call centre number for general enquiries regarding social fund, you cannot call the budgeting loans team directly unless you have the desk telephone number of the person dealing with your claim, and those numbers aren't within the public domain as they are for internal use. The budgeting loans team can however call you back if you wish to discuss your claim in depth.

    Can you use a phone box to save on the cost of the call?
    • sammyjammy
    • By sammyjammy 26th May 09, 6:52 PM
    • 4,242 Posts
    • 4,587 Thanks
    • #3
    • 26th May 09, 6:52 PM
    • #3
    • 26th May 09, 6:52 PM
    You could always call from the Jobcentre
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,841Posts Today

8,840Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Following yesterday's poll about being an organ donor when you die - would you consider being?

  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

  • You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t?

  • Follow Martin