Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 5
  • meeshell2886
    Thank you so much for your advice and kind words. Its easy to think you're in this alone when your fighting such a big company. I will contact the company again and detail everything from the beginning. Hopefully I will get somewhere this time.

Do you know if its legal for me to record our telephone calls? Knowing the company, i think i'd need evidence of their "customer service".

Thank you again for your help.
    • amersall
    • By amersall 27th Jul 11, 8:03 PM
    • 16,590 Posts
    • 18,637 Thanks
    amersall
    Thank you so much for your advice and kind words. Its easy to think you're in this alone when your fighting such a big company. I will contact the company again and detail everything from the beginning. Hopefully I will get somewhere this time.

Do you know if its legal for me to record our telephone calls? Knowing the company, i think i'd need evidence of their "customer service".

Originally posted by meeshell2886
    Hi there, and you are very welcome xx i have let people know on the ppi thread that you need help with this, they may know something that you can do and the authorities that can help you.

I would put a complaint into Welcome with the info that you have,they should not get away with this,this is blackmail.

Dont know if you can record the call,but i dont see why not,as long as you tell who you are talking to at the start of the call that is your intention.

Hang fire and i am sure the brainboxes will be along to guide you with this.
    And try not to worry xx.

• Niggly
    Can anyone help here? this is bloody outrageous what welcome have done regarding the way they got the poster to take another loan.
    Originally posted by amersall
    My wife has just told me off for the foul language coming from the office.

How dare they treat you like this.

I have had dealings with gangsters like this and I am on the most hated list at a couple of debt collectors agency.

I will help compose a letter that will go off to Welcome Finance, OFT and FOS. This bully boy will be the one quaking after we have dealt with him.

I have time on my hands as school holidays and I know a few people from another site (you know who amersall) who will pitch in with their views.

We are going to scythe them down

N
    • amersall
    • By amersall 28th Jul 11, 10:38 AM
    • 16,590 Posts
    • 18,637 Thanks
    amersall

Originally posted by meeshell2886
    Hi there, Niggly has helped you with a letter to Welcome.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=45617058#post45617058
    Post 19513 page 980.xxxxxx

• amersall
    • By amersall 28th Jul 11, 10:39 AM
    • 16,590 Posts
    • 18,637 Thanks
    amersall
    My wife has just told me off for the foul language coming from the office.

How dare they treat you like this.

I have had dealings with gangsters like this and I am on the most hated list at a couple of debt collectors agency.

I will help compose a letter that will go off to Welcome Finance, OFT and FOS. This bully boy will be the one quaking after we have dealt with him.

I have time on my hands as school holidays and I know a few people from another site (you know who amersall) who will pitch in with their views.

We are going to scythe them down

N
    Originally posted by Niggly
    Cheers N you are a star x

• Niggly
    Letter template to go off to Welcome acting CEO and local office to stop any harrassment by phone. This is just for starters. We need complaint policy and details (see previous post) before a full complaint can go in.
    Your address

Address of the loan company
    Or
    Debt Collection Agency
    Date (insert today’s date)

By recorded delivery

Dear Sir/Madam

Reference or Account No: (Insert their reference or account number; this will be on the letter they have sent you)

I / We refer to your contact regarding the above account which you claim I / we owe. I / We am / are informing you that we do not recognise the debt and will be disputing the debt in writing shortly.

Under the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance it states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I / We would also remind you that the OFT states under their Guidance that it is ‘unfair’ to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable and that it is deceptive and or unfair methods in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt.

Furthermore, if you ignore and/or disregard claims that debts have been settled or are ‘disputed’ and continue to make unjustified demands for payment then this can amount to physical or psychological harassment.

I / We am / are also familiar with Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act.

As I / we dispute this debt you refer to then I / we trust you will make no further contact unless you can satisfy me / us that this debt exists and that I / we am / are liable.

If you subsequently cannot prove I /we owe this debt and if you continue to act in this irresponsible and unprofessional way then I / we will have no other alternative than to report you to Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading. I / we will also lodge a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service.

If I / we receive any communication from another debt collection agency then it will be evident that you have sold this debt on with the knowledge that it is disputed and that I / we am/are not the individual liable for the debt. Should this occur then I / we will report you to the government bodies detailed above.

I / We now await written confirmation that this matter is now closed, you are no longer to contacts me / us by telephone or text, instead by letter only.

Yours faithfully,

(Insert your name)

Niggly
  • meeshell2886
    thank you so so much, i cant tell you how much better i feel already. Your all amazing! so kind

Thank you xx
  • BethLou0449
    Welcome Fianance Successful Claims
    Hi there
    After all of the bad press in relation to Welcome Finance, I must admit I was very sceptical on success rates, until I came on here.
    I originally put in a claim through Investor Compensation (I know, NEVER EVER use claim management companies, you end up doing all the work! - but that is for another thread!) In February of this year and was getting nowhere!
    I spoke to Welcome myself trying to get my account number details at the beginning of September this year (2012). The chap I spoke to was extremely helpful, giving me dates and agreement numbers without any hassle, just make sure you get the geographical telephone number for them, not the 0845 one which I called and got a massive phone bill for .
    I sent copies of my passport and driving licence, filled out the FOS consumer questionaire and posted to their Northampton Office.
    Within 3 weeks I received a reply to say I had been successful in my claim on 3 loans, and would receive £2442 within 15-30 working days, just had to provide my bank details which I sent back.
    Well, to cut a long story short, this morning I have checked my bank balance and the money has been credited to my account, that was in 10 working days! I am amazed, and credit where credit is due (if you excuse the pun!) Welcome have been outstanding! I urge anyone to do this, just make sure you get all the information to them at the same time.
    Well done Welcome Finance!
  • skintmumof2
    Hi.
    Im looking at claiming for my partner with Welcome. He had a loan took out in 2007 which he tried to cancel the PPI on when he first took the loan (by phone) but was told he could not cancel it? So he paid it. Am i writing to their main address at Ruddington? There is no longer a local office to me, there used to be one at peterborough?
    Thanks for any help
    Mum of 2 Under 5s
    Now working woop woop. DIY store - Loving it!
    In Debt Just under £16,000 CCCS recommended Bankruptcy...On token payments for now.

PPI Reclaimed LLoyds TSB 19/09/12 £1915.96
  • TraceyA84
    Hi,

I had two loans with Welcome in 2004, I wrote to reclaim my PPI which I unknowingly had on both loans, afetr 13 weeks they wrote back offering me £1068! I have just accepted and am now awaiting my cheque.
    The correct address is the one in 'Mere Way', Ruddington.
    • Winannr
    • By Winannr 23rd Jan 17, 7:01 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Winannr
    I applied for ppi refund with welcome finance in February 2016 they rejected my claim I appealed and they accepted my claim this was May 2016.....but could not pay because they expected to enter into insolvent liquidation. Today 23 Jan 2016 got a letter saying they had extended negotiations with its scheme creditors and would now settle its complaint in full so sent of my confirmation letter today to get £2,353.64 so don't give up hope 😀
    • joseph012
    • By joseph012 13th Mar 17, 12:07 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    joseph012
    i appreicate this is an old thread. can anyone help with trying to find the underwriters for agreements held in 1998??

tried aviva and llyolds -quoting policy numbers and they advise its not them?? WElcome have no trace of the underwiter- but gave me policy number etc and premium paid!!

pulling my hair out now lol
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 13th Mar 17, 12:11 PM
    • 18,527 Posts
    • 8,752 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    can anyone help with trying to find the underwriters for agreements held in 1998??
    Originally posted by joseph012
    Please don't cross post in multiple threads about the same thing. You already started a thread about this
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72243943#post72243943
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,107Posts Today

6,354Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin