Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    bloaty
    NHS PENSION - Efficiency Savings Early Release Scheme
    • 22nd May 09, 8:23 AM
    NHS PENSION - Efficiency Savings Early Release Scheme 22nd May 09 at 8:23 AM
    Hi

I wondered if anyone has any knowledge of this please?

I am 56 yrs old and work for the NHS in Wales. My Trust is going through reorganisation and I am waiting for the results of some local restructuring within my area.

I have 19 yrs pension in the scheme and due to recent changes if I were to take my pension now I would lose 20% of my pension. However, I believe if the Trust can justify efficiency savings from my release I may be able to take my pension without any reduction.

Does anyone know where I could find out further information regarding this as I am not financially ready to retire completely especially in this economic climate (and oh is a long way off retirement and we would like to go together if possible, him reducing to p/t in the near future) so I am wondering if I would need to leave the Trust altogether or whether I could take my pension and return p/t on a lower grade releasing my current position for possible rebanding to a lower band resulting in a saving to the Trust.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by bloaty; 22-05-2009 at 8:26 AM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,456Posts Today

6,539Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin