Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 12th May 09, 1:03 PM
    • 1,218Posts
    • 3,554Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    Survey Stashing: YouGov hints & tips
    • 12th May 09, 1:03 PM
    Survey Stashing: YouGov hints & tips 12th May 09 at 1:03 PM
    What’s this about? Willing to give your view on the Labour Party, answer questions about your sex life, or test out the latest moisturiser? If so, it’s possible to earn £100s a year, without any special skill or talent. It’s all about stashing cash from filling in online surveys or taking part in focus groups.

The first point of call is read the full Survey Stashing guide.
    Then having found the best survey sites, this discussion is specifically to talk about feedback and tips for the survey site

YouGov

If you want to discuss survey sites in general please go to the Survey Stashing Discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related Survey Site Discussions
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 12-05-2009 at 1:34 PM.
Page 1
    • bubbles0169
    • By bubbles0169 14th May 09, 11:43 AM
    • 6,172 Posts
    • 7,022 Thanks
    bubbles0169
    • 14th May 09, 11:43 AM
    • 14th May 09, 11:43 AM
    has anybody actually earned £50:confused::rolleyes:
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas
  • ali1972
    • 14th May 09, 11:47 AM
    • 14th May 09, 11:47 AM
    I have been stuck at £48 for months - I do recall other people saying they found the number of surveys they received slowed down as they approached £50 as well!
    Yeah, whatever. I'm a grown up, I can take it...
  • nogginthenog
    • 14th May 09, 11:50 AM
    • 14th May 09, 11:50 AM
    has anybody actually earned £50:confused::rolleyes:
    Originally posted by bubbles0169
    YES...and i am £25 into my 2nd £50 after 9 months
    • Lady Fluff
    • By Lady Fluff 14th May 09, 1:49 PM
    • 128 Posts
    • 61 Thanks
    Lady Fluff
    • 14th May 09, 1:49 PM
    • 14th May 09, 1:49 PM
    yes - it took 2 years - they paid promptly. Two years on and I'm on £26. They had to cut 30 staff earlier in the year, I read, because of the economic downturn, so not sure if there's going to be a bombardment of surveys any time soon...
    Surveys nerd
  • ali1972
    • 14th May 09, 2:14 PM
    • 14th May 09, 2:14 PM
    I once won £50 in one of the prize draws, mind you...
  • Sol00
    • 14th May 09, 3:09 PM
    • 14th May 09, 3:09 PM
    I've not won any of the prize draws, but I'm currently on £49
  • janeco
    • 17th May 09, 11:33 PM
    Yougov
    • 17th May 09, 11:33 PM
    I've done Yougov for nearly 4 years. I've had one £50 cheque and I'm at the £40 mark now (must have been about one survey a week). They paid promptly.

I prefer them to others I've tried because I've never started a survey, only to be disqualified - they seem to use your profile before sending e-mails and pay you even if you don't have to answer many questions.

The trick with all these surveys is to remember that they're all ridiculous and exist only to make profits for the surveying companies and headlines for the media! They don't use random sampling so their results are completely meaningless - don't waste time thinking at length about your answers!
  • jesspolo
    • 19th May 09, 12:50 PM
    • 19th May 09, 12:50 PM
    I signed up to YouGov over a month ago and have not received anything by way of surveys to complete. Has anyone else found this?
    • cally6008
    • By cally6008 19th May 09, 12:51 PM
    • 7,392 Posts
    • 11,160 Thanks
    cally6008
    have you logged in and checked that your profile is complete ?

• Sol00
    I've done Yougov for nearly 4 years. I've had one £50 cheque and I'm at the £40 mark now (must have been about one survey a week). They paid promptly.

I prefer them to others I've tried because I've never started a survey, only to be disqualified - they seem to use your profile before sending e-mails and pay you even if you don't have to answer many questions.

The trick with all these surveys is to remember that they're all ridiculous and exist only to make profits for the surveying companies and headlines for the media! They don't use random sampling so their results are completely meaningless - don't waste time thinking at length about your answers!
    Originally posted by janeco
    I'm with you there. I like the fact that when you get an email from YouGov, you know that you're going to get paid. I don't mind surveys that use a selection process beforehand as long as it's short and sweet.
  • Sol00
    I signed up to YouGov over a month ago and have not received anything by way of surveys to complete. Has anyone else found this?
    Originally posted by jesspolo
    YouGov can be quite erratic in its surveys, in that you can get 3 one week and none for the next 4; it depends on your profile and what they need.

But as the other poster said, you should check your account in case you have a couple there that haven't been emailed to you.
    • AprilLady
    • By AprilLady 19th May 09, 5:35 PM
    • 457 Posts
    • 4,413 Thanks
    AprilLady
    It took me a long time to realise that YouGov don't always email you when there's a survey for you to take - definitely try logging in every few days to check if there are any there.
    • Karmacat
    • By Karmacat 19th May 09, 9:47 PM
    • 27,561 Posts
    • 149,968 Thanks
    Karmacat
    I've just reached £50, but haven't got the money yet, and its been a week or so. They *are* erratic in sending surveys your way - but I've never been rejected, its true.

The other thing is, they stopped for weeks at a time - but they really got a push on when I filled in a few prize surveys, i.e. no payment but entry into a draw for £25. It really made a difference.
    Retired August 2016
  • Blue777
    You gov
    Excellenct surveys are quick and fun and your £50 payout is vey acheivable.
  • scuzz
    I've had a £50 cheque from them. I couldn't honestly say when that was but I'm now back up to £37. All I know is it's been a long time. Do they still do their referal scheme? As I know that helped when I used it last. I think they matched your referals' earnings for their first 6 months as a yougov panalist, but I could be wrong
    Comping, Clicking & Saving for Change
  • poddy
    I wonder if anyone else has had this problem with YouGov? I have done all the surveys sent to me and reached £49.50 - i.e., just 50p to go to get my £50.

I did this last survey (a 50p one) about two months ago and clicked 'submit' only to get an error message saying that this would be sorted by YouGov shortly.

After attemopts to finalise this again a few times I emailed YouGov to ask why they had not got their end sorted as indicated. No reply to this or any other query although I have received a further survey with a cash prize draw.

It is extremely annoying to have put in all that time on surveys only to (apparantly) be prevented from reachuing the £50. cheque payment level - should I be suspicious???!!!poddy
    Filiss
  • Sol00
    I had to email YouGov once before about the same problem and they didn't reply, but they did credit the amount.
    • libra10
    • By libra10 20th May 09, 4:58 PM
    • 9,520 Posts
    • 159,974 Thanks
    libra10
    It is annoying when a site crashes before a survey is completed. However, YouGov is a reputable company, I've received two payouts from them and my balance stands at around £26. There's no need to feel suspicious.

I would persevere with emailing. When I emailed them a while ago it did take a while to receive a reply, but the problem was eventually resolved.

Good luck
  • ali1972
    Well, I was stuck at £48 for ages (as posted above) and was suspicious, but in the last 24 hours I'v managed to reach £49.50. Fingers crossed for that last 50p....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

108Posts Today

2,413Users online

Martin's Twitter