Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 12th May 09, 12:59 PM
    • 1,207Posts
    • 3,547Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    Survey Stashing: Valued Opinion hints & tips
    • 12th May 09, 12:59 PM
    Survey Stashing: Valued Opinion hints & tips 12th May 09 at 12:59 PM
    What’s this about? Willing to give your view on the Labour Party, answer questions about your sex life, or test out the latest moisturiser? If so, it’s possible to earn £100s a year, without any special skill or talent. It’s all about stashing cash from filling in online surveys or taking part in focus groups.

The first point of call is read the full Survey Stashing guide.
    Then having found the best survey sites, this discussion is specifically to talk about feedback and tips for the survey site

Valued Opinions

If you want to discuss survey sites in general please go to the Survey Stashing Discussion.

If you’ve got a suggestion/tip

Simply click reply and add your suggestion, though its worth scanning down first to check it's not been duplicated.

Related Survey Site Discussions
    Last edited by MSE Jenny; 12-05-2009 at 1:36 PM.
Page 2
    • Fire Fox
    • By Fire Fox 2nd Jun 09, 12:41 AM
    • 23,851 Posts
    • 27,065 Thanks
    Fire Fox
    I have no problem with Firefox which is more secure than IE anyway.
    What a difference a day makes, twenty four little hours.
  • Bananasplit
    Great site. Just cashed out my first £10 voucher! Got £4 pending to my next one as well!
  • pagecrawler
    Hi

I was thinking of joining this survey site and sending it on to other family members as well Does anyone know if there will be a problem with people from the same postal address (different emails) joining?

Thanks
  • nansenst
    I use firefox and i'm not qualifying for any surveys recently. I always qualified for 1 in 3. Have emailed to ask what is goign on and have received no response.
  • virgo66
    VO surveys using IE*
    I was beginning to think it was me! but after downloading IE8 everything is slower and get kicked off most VO surveys after 3rd or th question :-( Can IE8 be deinstalled???
    • libra10
    • By libra10 6th Jun 09, 5:36 PM
    • 7,723 Posts
    • 107,928 Thanks
    libra10
    Just uninstall from Control Panel and it will revert back to previous browser. I did the very same thing yesterday and everything seems alright. I would back up first though.

Good luck
  • Grell
    Valued Opinions error message
    Hello,

I am also having problems. Since a couple of weeks I get the following message when I click on the survey links (for 8 out of 10 surveys):

"Thank you very much for your interest in our surveys. Unfortunately you can’t participate in this study. Our records indicate that your ID has already been registered for this project and/or data inconsistencies have been identified regarding the profile data you’ve provided.
    If you need assistance or have any questions, please get in touch with our support team by sending any enquiries to enquiries@valuedopinions.co.uk "

I am not aware of having done anything wrong, have definitely not tried to do the survey before and have no idea what they could mean by data inconsistencies.

Has anyone else received this message?

Thanks!
    Grell
    • libra10
    • By libra10 7th Jun 09, 5:33 PM
    • 7,723 Posts
    • 107,928 Thanks
    libra10
    I received exactly the same message and put it down to installing IE8. When later accessing on my OH's laptop, using Windows XP, I was allowed to complete the surveys.

Good luck
  • Grell
    Valued Opinions error message
    Hello,

thanks for the quick reply. I only intalled IE8 yesterday because I thought this might solve the problem. But it is exactly the same as before, when I had an older version installed.
    Grell
  • nansenst
    Has anyone had a response from Valued Opinions?

I did a survey over the weekend and it looked like i'd qualified and completed the survey but it still gave me the kicked out message. Are they pulling a fast one and not rewarding anyone???
  • Luksi
    Hello,

I am also having problems. Since a couple of weeks I get the following message when I click on the survey links (for 8 out of 10 surveys):

"Thank you very much for your interest in our surveys. Unfortunately you can’t participate in this study. Our records indicate that your ID has already been registered for this project and/or data inconsistencies have been identified regarding the profile data you’ve provided.
    If you need assistance or have any questions, please get in touch with our support team by sending any enquiries to enquiries@valuedopinions.co.uk "

I am not aware of having done anything wrong, have definitely not tried to do the survey before and have no idea what they could mean by data inconsistencies.

Has anyone else received this message?

Thanks!
    Grell
    Originally posted by Grell
    Same problem here and it's been going on for like a month now for me.
    No matter which survey I choose, it will always come up with this message and as a result I am unable to complete any of the surveys they send me.
    I contacted Isabel on several occasions, but to no avail.
    Unless they try and fix it on their end, I'm not looking back to VO.
    • cptncanary
    • By cptncanary 9th Jun 09, 10:40 AM
    • 190 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    cptncanary
    I got a reply, when I queried this problem. It seems that the rpcoess to filter out people who randomly click buttons, just tog et through the survey quickly and claim the cash, is too thorough.
    I was told this should be fixed within the next month.
    C'mon you Canaries!!
  • mikeypoos
    Hi everyone,

I've been with VO for years and make a steady tenner every 8 weeks, but lately my balance gets stuck at just UNDER £10 with completed surveys backing up but not transferred to the balance for several weeks. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm currently on £9.95, since end May.

A further niggle is that I frequently can't login to VO to check or request the payments, despite using the correct details. All VO do is send me my password again (which I know) and then it starts working a couple of days later.
    No PC changes preceded this, by the way. Rebooting doesn't fix it, so please don't suggest this, or maintenance of cookies/files, which I know how to handle.

Weird.

Mike
    • skipton
    • By skipton 16th Jun 09, 4:45 PM
    • 654 Posts
    • 649 Thanks
    skipton
    I went 2 to 3 months without any surveys coming through then suddenly I'm swamped with them. I am currently doing the TV watching for 2 weeks but today I couldn't log on. I sent an email and they have read it 3 times but not responded so far. I will be well cheesed off if I don't qualify for my £12.50 because I missed a day.
    On the whole I don't qualify for many but seem to get 3/4 a week, not many by some peoples comments.
    • stressedaah30
    • By stressedaah30 16th Jun 09, 9:18 PM
    • 1,259 Posts
    • 10,729 Thanks
    stressedaah30
    to me there support is off the boil atm 10 days ago i emailed about a survey was given £1.00 when invite said £1.50 and about 2 lots of points which stil not credited after 30 days of doing
    and not a dicky bird of response
    any ideas what next i can do?
    JAN WINS- pepsi tshirt,
    • cptncanary
    • By cptncanary 17th Jun 09, 9:09 AM
    • 190 Posts
    • 150 Thanks
    cptncanary
    I'm still getting a couple of survey invitations each day, only to receive the "we're sorry you can't take this survey" message. Really annoying.
    C'mon you Canaries!!
    • C J
    • By C J 17th Jun 09, 11:24 AM
    • 729 Posts
    • 2,949 Thanks
    C J
    I went 2 to 3 months without any surveys coming through then suddenly I'm swamped with them. I am currently doing the TV watching for 2 weeks but today I couldn't log on. I sent an email and they have read it 3 times but not responded so far. I will be well cheesed off if I don't qualify for my £12.50 because I missed a day.
    On the whole I don't qualify for many but seem to get 3/4 a week, not many by some peoples comments.
    Originally posted by skipton

I am also doing the TV diary one, but could not log in yesterday or today. I have emailed them three times but have had no response. Clicking the link now brings up a message that the survey "has now closed". I'm going to be really disappointed if they've had a whole week's worth of data from me for free because they're not going to pay up (sadly I suspect this is going to be the case). It's so unprofessional.
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • C J
    • By C J 17th Jun 09, 12:47 PM
    • 729 Posts
    • 2,949 Thanks
    C J
    to me there support is off the boil atm 10 days ago i emailed about a survey was given £1.00 when invite said £1.50 and about 2 lots of points which stil not credited after 30 days of doing
    and not a dicky bird of response
    any ideas what next i can do?
    Originally posted by stressedaah30

Their website lists a telephone number : 08452573299 (but I've not tried it). Also their postal address, which is:

Valued Opinions
    8th Floor, Elizabeth House
    39 York Road
    London SE1 7NQ

I hope you get your queries sorted out quickly. This sort of thing is very irritating!
    An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
    • wisewoman
    • By wisewoman 30th Jun 09, 3:39 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 189 Thanks
    wisewoman
    Logging in difficulties
    Hi everyone,

I've been with VO for years and make a steady tenner every 8 weeks, but lately my balance gets stuck at just UNDER £10 with completed surveys backing up but not transferred to the balance for several weeks. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm currently on £9.95, since end May.

A further niggle is that I frequently can't login to VO to check or request the payments, despite using the correct details. All VO do is send me my password again (which I know) and then it starts working a couple of days later.
    No PC changes preceded this, by the way. Rebooting doesn't fix it, so please don't suggest this, or maintenance of cookies/files, which I know how to handle.

Weird.

Mike
    Originally posted by mikeypoos
    Hi!
    I have had these problems, and it says that my details are not on their database...but they keep sending me surveys. I tried e-mailing them but my messages are not sent because they say my program is not supported/ incompatable. It is so disappointing because I have been with them for about three years and have had over £100 in Boots vouchers for special treats.
    Mortgage Free in Three cheerleader
  • cattybags
    Same problem here and it's been going on for like a month now for me.
    No matter which survey I choose, it will always come up with this message and as a result I am unable to complete any of the surveys they send me.
    I contacted Isabel on several occasions, but to no avail.
    Unless they try and fix it on their end, I'm not looking back to VO.
    Originally posted by Luksi

Hi,
    I got this message the other day, and e-mailed Isobel, who replied back:
    Hi

Our database blocked your account because you have failed one or more of our quality control checks.

The most common reasons why panelists are blocked could be one or a combination of the following:

Geo IP - this is where we can detect if someone is attempting to do a survey in a panel outside of their country of residence

Duplicate - this is when we detect you have already done this survey or have multiple accounts.

Combination of factors in breach of section number 3 “Obligations of the member” on our Terms and Condition available on the web site.

We are sorry to inform you that once blocked you will not be able to be unblocked or participate in new surveys.

Should you have any further questions about this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us at enquiries@valuedopinions.co.uk or check our FAQ.

Isabel

I am totally at a loss. I've not cheated anyone, have always taken time over the surveys, and now can't even get into my account. So I've answered all the surveys they've sent me for nothing.

What should I do? They've not given me evidence for my supposed misdemenour. I'm pretty hacked off because I've been very honest and fair.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

285Posts Today

2,134Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @hugorifkind: Arguing that Hitler was a Zionist is like arguing that the slave trade was pro-immigration. Get a grip.

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Morning! In this week's email: Loads of ways to save inc. Urgent Sky £30/mth, M&S 50%, £36off Tesco & Hotpoint wins: ht?

• RT @GMB: Fancy coming on GMB to learn how to save loads on your car insurance with @MartinSLewis? Find out more: https://t.co/B9vQfOliPA

• Follow Martin