Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Boost Your Income > Survey Stashing: Valued Opinion hints & tips (Page 2)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Survey Stashing: Valued Opinion hints & tips
Views: 71,394
# 21
Fire Fox
Old 02-06-2009, 12:41 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

I have no problem with Firefox which is more secure than IE anyway.
What a difference a day makes, twenty four little hours.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 22
Bananasplit
Old 03-06-2009, 9:50 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Great site. Just cashed out my first £10 voucher! Got £4 pending to my next one as well!
# 23
pagecrawler
Old 03-06-2009, 1:46 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi

I was thinking of joining this survey site and sending it on to other family members as well Does anyone know if there will be a problem with people from the same postal address (different emails) joining?

Thanks
# 24
nansenst
Old 05-06-2009, 1:10 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I use firefox and i'm not qualifying for any surveys recently. I always qualified for 1 in 3. Have emailed to ask what is goign on and have received no response.
# 25
virgo66
Old 06-06-2009, 4:57 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Question VO surveys using IE*

I was beginning to think it was me! but after downloading IE8 everything is slower and get kicked off most VO surveys after 3rd or th question :-( Can IE8 be deinstalled???
# 26
libra10
Old 06-06-2009, 5:36 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Just uninstall from Control Panel and it will revert back to previous browser. I did the very same thing yesterday and everything seems alright. I would back up first though.

Good luck
# 27
Grell
Old 07-06-2009, 5:26 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Valued Opinions error message

Hello,

I am also having problems. Since a couple of weeks I get the following message when I click on the survey links (for 8 out of 10 surveys):

"Thank you very much for your interest in our surveys. Unfortunately you can’t participate in this study. Our records indicate that your ID has already been registered for this project and/or data inconsistencies have been identified regarding the profile data you’ve provided.
If you need assistance or have any questions, please get in touch with our support team by sending any enquiries to enquiries@valuedopinions.co.uk "

I am not aware of having done anything wrong, have definitely not tried to do the survey before and have no idea what they could mean by data inconsistencies.

Has anyone else received this message?

Thanks!
Grell
# 28
libra10
Old 07-06-2009, 5:33 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I received exactly the same message and put it down to installing IE8. When later accessing on my OH's laptop, using Windows XP, I was allowed to complete the surveys.

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to libra10 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 29
Grell
Old 07-06-2009, 5:34 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Valued Opinions error message

Hello,

thanks for the quick reply. I only intalled IE8 yesterday because I thought this might solve the problem. But it is exactly the same as before, when I had an older version installed.
Grell
# 30
nansenst
Old 08-06-2009, 1:36 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Has anyone had a response from Valued Opinions?

I did a survey over the weekend and it looked like i'd qualified and completed the survey but it still gave me the kicked out message. Are they pulling a fast one and not rewarding anyone???
# 31
Luksi
Old 08-06-2009, 6:56 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grell View Post
Hello,

I am also having problems. Since a couple of weeks I get the following message when I click on the survey links (for 8 out of 10 surveys):

"Thank you very much for your interest in our surveys. Unfortunately you can’t participate in this study. Our records indicate that your ID has already been registered for this project and/or data inconsistencies have been identified regarding the profile data you’ve provided.
If you need assistance or have any questions, please get in touch with our support team by sending any enquiries to enquiries@valuedopinions.co.uk "

I am not aware of having done anything wrong, have definitely not tried to do the survey before and have no idea what they could mean by data inconsistencies.

Has anyone else received this message?

Thanks!
Grell
Same problem here and it's been going on for like a month now for me.
No matter which survey I choose, it will always come up with this message and as a result I am unable to complete any of the surveys they send me.
I contacted Isabel on several occasions, but to no avail.
Unless they try and fix it on their end, I'm not looking back to VO.
# 32
cptncanary
Old 09-06-2009, 10:40 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I got a reply, when I queried this problem. It seems that the rpcoess to filter out people who randomly click buttons, just tog et through the survey quickly and claim the cash, is too thorough.
I was told this should be fixed within the next month.
C'mon you Canaries!!
# 33
mikeypoos
Old 16-06-2009, 10:31 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi everyone,

I've been with VO for years and make a steady tenner every 8 weeks, but lately my balance gets stuck at just UNDER £10 with completed surveys backing up but not transferred to the balance for several weeks. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm currently on £9.95, since end May.

A further niggle is that I frequently can't login to VO to check or request the payments, despite using the correct details. All VO do is send me my password again (which I know) and then it starts working a couple of days later.
No PC changes preceded this, by the way. Rebooting doesn't fix it, so please don't suggest this, or maintenance of cookies/files, which I know how to handle.

Weird.

Mike
# 34
skipton
Old 16-06-2009, 4:45 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I went 2 to 3 months without any surveys coming through then suddenly I'm swamped with them. I am currently doing the TV watching for 2 weeks but today I couldn't log on. I sent an email and they have read it 3 times but not responded so far. I will be well cheesed off if I don't qualify for my £12.50 because I missed a day.
On the whole I don't qualify for many but seem to get 3/4 a week, not many by some peoples comments.
# 35
stressedaah30
Old 16-06-2009, 9:18 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

to me there support is off the boil atm 10 days ago i emailed about a survey was given £1.00 when invite said £1.50 and about 2 lots of points which stil not credited after 30 days of doing
and not a dicky bird of response
any ideas what next i can do?
JAN WINS- pepsi tshirt,
# 36
cptncanary
Old 17-06-2009, 9:09 AM
MoneySaving Convert

I'm still getting a couple of survey invitations each day, only to receive the "we're sorry you can't take this survey" message. Really annoying.
C'mon you Canaries!!
# 37
C J
Old 17-06-2009, 11:24 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipton View Post
I went 2 to 3 months without any surveys coming through then suddenly I'm swamped with them. I am currently doing the TV watching for 2 weeks but today I couldn't log on. I sent an email and they have read it 3 times but not responded so far. I will be well cheesed off if I don't qualify for my £12.50 because I missed a day.
On the whole I don't qualify for many but seem to get 3/4 a week, not many by some peoples comments.

I am also doing the TV diary one, but could not log in yesterday or today. I have emailed them three times but have had no response. Clicking the link now brings up a message that the survey "has now closed". I'm going to be really disappointed if they've had a whole week's worth of data from me for free because they're not going to pay up (sadly I suspect this is going to be the case). It's so unprofessional.
An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
# 38
C J
Old 17-06-2009, 12:47 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedaah30 View Post
to me there support is off the boil atm 10 days ago i emailed about a survey was given £1.00 when invite said £1.50 and about 2 lots of points which stil not credited after 30 days of doing
and not a dicky bird of response
any ideas what next i can do?

Their website lists a telephone number : 08452573299 (but I've not tried it). Also their postal address, which is:

Valued Opinions
8th Floor, Elizabeth House
39 York Road
London SE1 7NQ

I hope you get your queries sorted out quickly. This sort of thing is very irritating!
An ever-shifting labyrinth of chiaroscuro
# 39
wisewoman
Old 30-06-2009, 3:39 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Logging in difficulties

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypoos View Post
Hi everyone,

I've been with VO for years and make a steady tenner every 8 weeks, but lately my balance gets stuck at just UNDER £10 with completed surveys backing up but not transferred to the balance for several weeks. Has anyone else noticed this? I'm currently on £9.95, since end May.

A further niggle is that I frequently can't login to VO to check or request the payments, despite using the correct details. All VO do is send me my password again (which I know) and then it starts working a couple of days later.
No PC changes preceded this, by the way. Rebooting doesn't fix it, so please don't suggest this, or maintenance of cookies/files, which I know how to handle.

Weird.

Mike
Hi!
I have had these problems, and it says that my details are not on their database...but they keep sending me surveys. I tried e-mailing them but my messages are not sent because they say my program is not supported/ incompatable. It is so disappointing because I have been with them for about three years and have had over £100 in Boots vouchers for special treats.
Mortgage Free in Three cheerleader
The Following User Says Thank You to wisewoman For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 40
cattybags
Old 30-06-2009, 6:17 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luksi View Post
Same problem here and it's been going on for like a month now for me.
No matter which survey I choose, it will always come up with this message and as a result I am unable to complete any of the surveys they send me.
I contacted Isabel on several occasions, but to no avail.
Unless they try and fix it on their end, I'm not looking back to VO.

Hi,
I got this message the other day, and e-mailed Isobel, who replied back:
Hi

Our database blocked your account because you have failed one or more of our quality control checks.

The most common reasons why panelists are blocked could be one or a combination of the following:

Geo IP - this is where we can detect if someone is attempting to do a survey in a panel outside of their country of residence

Duplicate - this is when we detect you have already done this survey or have multiple accounts.

Combination of factors in breach of section number 3 “Obligations of the member” on our Terms and Condition available on the web site.

We are sorry to inform you that once blocked you will not be able to be unblocked or participate in new surveys.

Should you have any further questions about this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us at enquiries@valuedopinions.co.uk or check our FAQ.

Isabel

I am totally at a loss. I've not cheated anyone, have always taken time over the surveys, and now can't even get into my account. So I've answered all the surveys they've sent me for nothing.

What should I do? They've not given me evidence for my supposed misdemenour. I'm pretty hacked off because I've been very honest and fair.