Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    MrsE
    Do you use "white" & "coloured" laundry powder/tablets/liquid?
    • 11th May 09, 10:51 PM
    Do you use "white" & "coloured" laundry powder/tablets/liquid? 11th May 09 at 10:51 PM
    Do you use "white" & "coloured" laundry powder/tablets/liquid?

Do you think their is any difference?

I use Daz for my whites & Ariel colour for my colours (& fairy for my woolens & delicates), but I wonder if their really is a difference?

I buy Daz as this has always marketed itself as THE white powder, I buy Ariel colour because I like the smell better than the other colour brands.

I buy tablets because I think powders & powder tablets work better than liquid, anyone else find this?
    I get the tablets because I would be heavy handed without a measured dose & tablets are more MSE for me.

I don't like the very thick concentrated fabric conditioners, as I think they make the drawer messy & are gloopy. I like comfort or lenor blue, GOTTA BE BLUE (I'm a bit traditional, did use the jojoba oil one for a while but gone off it).

Love Vaporesse/ironing water, but only buy it when its cheap, it would feel really wasteful to be filing my big ole stream generator up with it at full price
Page 3
    • Pink.
    • By Pink. 21st May 09, 2:19 PM
    • 17,431 Posts
    • 40,365 Thanks
    Pink.
    Anything OS?
    Originally posted by frivolous_fay
    Hi fay,

I use half washing powder and half soda crystals (in the same aisle as the washing powder and only costs about 75p/kg). It produces much better results than the washing powder alone.

There's more information on this thread that might help:

Mixing soda crystals with laundry powder???

Pink
    Last edited by Pink.; 21-05-2009 at 2:21 PM.
    • AgentJR
    • By AgentJR 15th Mar 17, 8:14 AM
    • 22 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    AgentJR
    Daz for Whites & Colours
    I have been trying out Daz for Whites and Colours as part of a project team trial and used to use the ordinary Daz washing powder years ago before all the washing liquids & gels came on the market.

I have to say that I was sceptical, but all my clothes, bedding (and even my floor cloths!) look and feel really clean. Part of the reason I previously stopped using washing powder was due to the mess it made of my washing machine's detergent tray, but Daz hasn't left a trace so far.

This washing powder lasts longer than the washing liquids/tabs and it's far cheaper to buy too.

So I've reverted back to Daz. They do a liquid version too, but I'm sticking with the powder.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 15th Mar 17, 9:54 AM
    • 15,516 Posts
    • 126,478 Thanks
    JackieO
    I use half Almat liquid from Aldi's and half soda crystals It works fine for me and I couldn't be bothered mucking around with 'coloured ' or white seperate stuff.I get the non-bio as it seems to be gentler on clothes and my clothes never get that mucky anyway I am after all a 'genteel old lady ' and don't do a grubby manual job. Reason I use liquid rather than powder is that its more portable and I am able to store it easier a 28 wash bottle is under £3 and usually does double that as I only use half the stated amount and with a handful of soda crystals its more than enough for a decent sized wash load. no point me buying a huge box of powder then having to find somewhere to keep it in the kitchen or cupboard.

I have a chap who does my gardening for me so I don't get hot and mucky out there
    Sheets are changed weekly and line dried and I only use white vinegar to condition them with Far less expensive than buying a seperate gloopy conditioner with a chemical smell
    Last edited by JackieO; 15-03-2017 at 9:58 AM.
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 15th Mar 17, 10:18 AM
    • 4,706 Posts
    • 20,399 Thanks
    Slinky
    This is an 8 year old thread
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 15th Mar 17, 10:32 AM
    • 18,338 Posts
    • 46,993 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Originally posted by Slinky
    Yes - first posted on 11th May 2009 and the last reply was 21st May 2009 - until today.

And the OP was PPR'd last year.
    • carguy143
    • By carguy143 18th Apr 17, 10:40 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    carguy143
    Originally posted by Slinky
    So what, it's still relevant to some of us and avoids duplication.

(I was looking for info on Daz as my wife's American, lives in the UK and wanted a UK equivalent of Tide, which is what Daz appears to be).
    • The all new me
    • By The all new me 19th Apr 17, 6:31 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 69 Thanks
    The all new me
    What is PPR'd??
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 19th Apr 17, 7:50 AM
    • 18,338 Posts
    • 46,993 Thanks
    Pollycat
    What is PPR'd??
    Originally posted by The all new me
    Check out 'Forum Rules'.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,971Posts Today

7,529Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Interesting, most people say they would champion a policy from a party they usually oppose. Yet is anyone brave eno? https://t.co/MWYGHunAqu

• RT @MSE_Deals: The MSE deals team are in the office nice and early to bring you full analysis of all the #BlackFriday deals throughout the?

• RT @MSE_Deals: #BlackFriday UPDATE... We've spotted some of Currys' prices are cheaper online than in its stores, eg, Sonos Play 1 £149 onl?

• Follow Martin