IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Seller Relisted item after I won!
Closed Thread
Views: 3,501
# 1
treboeth
Old 29-04-2009, 12:18 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Seller Relisted item after I won!

Hi
I bid and won an item on Ebay which in all honesty I think ended at a very low price.
Now the seller has relisted the item, I have had no emails from the seller or Ebay giving a valid reason. Why are Ebay allowing the seller to do this. BTW the seller is new(within last month) and has zero feedback.

Question is should I just leave negative feedback safe in the knowledge they cannot reciprocate or do I lodge a complaint with Ebay spend ages dealing with it and then being told tough in the end.

Thanks
# 2
mrcow
Old 29-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Did you pay for it?
"One day I realised that when you are lying in your grave, it's no good saying, "I was too shy, too frightened."
Because by then you've blown your chances. That's it."
# 3
NotQuiteNorbert
Old 29-04-2009, 12:33 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Could they have had more than one perhaps? You also don't say whether you paid or not, or if you have had any communication from the seller regarding this.
# 4
terryw
Old 29-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

A similar thing happened to me recently.

I did inform Ebay who blocked the guy's account for a month. Ebay did not inform me of this but I got an angry email informing me of this from the seller which cheered me up! I also left negative feedback.

terryw
# 5
Smart But Casual
Old 29-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Ever thought that the seller have have had more than one?

I do this all of the time.
Terms & Conditions Apply
# 6
treboeth
Old 29-04-2009, 12:45 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thanks for replies, the item had not been paid for and the seller has only one of the item(bike parts so easily recognisable) and on my Ebay page it states the seller has relisted the item but no explanation from Ebay or seller.:confused:
# 7
pinkshoes
Old 29-04-2009, 12:52 PM

If you don't pay for it, you'll get a non paying buyer strike! Pay ASAP!!!
It's a shame when the right to freedom of speech is not honoured...
# 8
soolin
Old 29-04-2009, 12:53 PM

Why didn't you pay? How long after you won was the item relisted?
I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
New to Forum? Guide
# 9
JohalaReewi
Old 29-04-2009, 12:55 PM

Maybe the seller has more than one to sell?

Edit: Beaten to the punch.
# 10
StaffsSW
Old 29-04-2009, 1:00 PM

Maybe the seller was fed up waiting for payment, and being new they are not aware of the unpaid process....?
<--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
# 11
treboeth
Old 29-04-2009, 1:07 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

The item was relisted without reason within 24hours so did not have a chance to pay, the seller definitely only has one of the item as stated they are bike parts so are distinctive.
There was no communication from the seller or Ebay stating reason for relisting ( as I stated originally I think they expected to get more for the item) and having looked for the item today the auction has been deleted/cancelled by Ebay and the new listing has also been removed.
Quick response from Ebay with regards to my initial complaint though.
# 12
pinkshoes
Old 29-04-2009, 2:56 PM

Are you sure you won the item??
It's a shame when the right to freedom of speech is not honoured...
# 13
treboeth
Old 29-04-2009, 3:07 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Positive I won , don`t mean to be funny but been on Ebay for quite a few years and never had this happen before without some explanation from Ebay or seller.

As I said seemed to me the seller thought he would get more for the items( as did I my highest bid was 90 and won @21) he should have put a reserve on it or sold elsewhere!
# 14
soolin
Old 29-04-2009, 3:38 PM

Well then pay and ask him when you can expect delivery.
I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
New to Forum? Guide
# 15
treboeth
Old 29-04-2009, 3:43 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by soolin View Post
Well then pay and ask him when you can expect delivery.

Bit difficult now see post 11

"and having looked for the item today the auction has been deleted/cancelled by Ebay and the new listing has also been removed"
# 16
soolin
Old 29-04-2009, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treboeth View Post
Bit difficult now see post 11

"and having looked for the item today the auction has been deleted/cancelled by Ebay and the new listing has also been removed"
Sorry missed that!

In that case maybe the seller was scamming as he wouldn't have got suspended just for relisting an item that had not been paid for, it must have been something more serious.
New to Forum? Guide
# 17
Hintza
Old 29-04-2009, 4:03 PM

So the auction was pulled (possibly by Ebay) then you didn't win it. So nothing you can do. However, I wonder why you didn't try and pay as soon as you thought auction was over?
# 18
treboeth
Old 29-04-2009, 4:21 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hintza View Post
So the auction was pulled (possibly by Ebay) then you didn't win it. So nothing you can do. However, I wonder why you didn't try and pay as soon as you thought auction was over?

The auction was pulled after it ended along with the new listing as previously stated.

The item was not paid for straightaway as I work long hours and had other concerns ie sleeping&eating. My purchases are normally completed well within 24hours sometimes as soon as the item ends depending on the finish time.

It just struck me as odd that there was no communication from Ebayer or seller regarding the item being relisted.
IMO any item purchased should be paid ASAP but I would imagine if the item is not paid for within a week(?) the seller would contact the buyer before relisting!
# 19
treboeth
Old 29-04-2009, 5:45 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_dave View Post
What is the latest? This is unusual, it is not like you waiting an undue amount of time before leaving payment. I have done this before when selling items i have more than one of and often the winning buyer emails me to see what is going on!
Well wait now to see what Ebay say but the original and new listing of the same item have both been pulled.
Below is my feedback comments for the last few weeks with seller ID`s and item links deleted for privacy(just to show I do pay pretty quickly), and before anyone comments I am not Ebay mad just purchase items for friends/family too

Very fast payment, great communication, highly recommended, thank you very much! 29-Apr-09 14:54
-- -- Private
Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer, highly recommended. 21-Apr-09 08:45
MAINS & CAR CHARGER FOR SONY NP-BD1 NP-FD1 BATTERY

fast payment, great ebayer! 15-Apr-09 23:33
Quarantine (DVD)

SUPER FAST PAYMENT NICE 1 15-Apr-09 18:23
MEDAL OF HONOUR WORLD AT WAR WII

fast payment 15-Apr-09 08:10
Suzuki GSX-R 600 SRAD Engine

fast payment 15-Apr-09 08:10
Suzuki GSX-R 600 SRAD Chassis Main Frame

Paid instantly, easy transaction, thank you, hope you enjoy your item 15-Apr-09 07:55
NEW Car Charger for Nokia 6300 N95 or 6500 Slide

Good buyer, prompt payment, highly recommended. 09-
Apr-09 20:26
SALE Quality Soft Black Leather Bag Brand New

highly recommended 27-Mar-09 12:40
Tomb Raider Underworld on pc

Excellent ebayer ,many thanks 25-Mar-09 19:02
98 Suzuki gsxr600 gsxr 600 black hugger breaking bike

Excellent ebayer many thanks 20-Mar-09 13:10
Suzuki gsxr600 exhaust silencer end can breaking bike

exellent e-bayer,very fast payment made 26-Feb-09 05:38
PC-CD ROM TOMB RAIDER the last revelation

fast payment thanks A1A1A1 25-Feb-09 23:19
steering damper suzuki s-rad

great ebayer, recommended , no problems ******* 24-Feb-09 00:21
DUAL Wii REMOTE CHARGER STATION FOR NINTENDO Wii REMOTE
# 20
StaffsSW
Old 29-04-2009, 7:22 PM

If the seller has been suspended so quickly, and with also being newly registered, I'm thinking it may have been a habitual bad seller on previous ID's. By raising the issue with eBay it may have been the impetus for them to investigate the seller history a little deeper, and make the connection.

If both items have been removed, then no disputes can be raised either way and no feedback can be left either way. Time to draw a line under it and put it down to experience.
<--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
Closed Thread