Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Mortar Bees
    • 18th Apr 09, 4:46 PM
    Mortar Bees 18th Apr 09 at 4:46 PM
    OK - I have loads of little flying bee things around the brickwork at the back of the house. They vaguely look like honey bees, but they're not. I've phoned OH and he says, based on their behaviour, that they are mortar bees. They are entering through the small rectangular plasticy vent things in between the bricks. I've seen quite a few go in, in one particular place, and a few come back out. At any one time there are around a dozen or so out there. They seem to be centred around the kitchen windows and my little boys window.

Is there anything I can do to dissuade them from coming near the house? The house is HA owned so I shall call them Monday and see what they can do to sort them out. I have learnt, from the fountain of knowledge that is google, that they have no sting, but I still don't like them lol.

Any ideas, please?

ETA - Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I thought you lovely people here may be the best to ask on this subject.
    "A cat can have kittens in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." - Mary Cooper
    "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
    Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,901Posts Today

7,426Users online

Martin's Twitter