Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    zany1977
    WARNING Avoid Changegate Car Park, Haworth. Notorious for Clamping
    • 15th Apr 09, 9:25 PM
    WARNING Avoid Changegate Car Park, Haworth. Notorious for Clamping 15th Apr 09 at 9:25 PM
    This is a warning about the UK's most notorious car park, run by Car Stoppers in Haworth, W. Yorkshire.

The company has a well documented reputation for clamping for a wide range of trivial and ridiculous reasons and charging disproportionately excessive fines. Their agressive working methods are widely reported by the local media. After clamping Betty Boothroyd, last October (for displaying her ticket the wrong way round), their activities are currently being discussed by MP's.

After falling foul of their clamping methods last week, my mum and I staged a day's protest on Bank Holiday Monday, leafleting unsuspecting car park users to warn them about the risks. We received a huge amount of gratitude and support from local residents and traders as well as car park users, many of whom decided to park elsewhere.

So, if you are planning to visit Haworth, I would suggest you give this car park a wide berth and head for one of several council owned car parks in the town.

Thanks, Zany
Page 23
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 2nd Nov 16, 11:39 AM
    • 7,648 Posts
    • 7,909 Thanks
    pappa golf
    please explain how Walton Wilkins (Trading as Premier Parking Logistics) is now a member of the IPC , but yet he or the company name are not known at companies house

sole trader thing?
    • Castle
    • By Castle 2nd Nov 16, 12:17 PM
    • 1,301 Posts
    • 1,687 Thanks
    Castle
    please explain how Walton Wilkins (Trading as Premier Parking Logistics) is now a member of the IPC , but yet he or the company name are not known at companies house

sole trader thing?
    Originally posted by pappa golf
    Sole trader; of course that means he has unlimited personal liability.
    • Angrydad01
    • By Angrydad01 24th Dec 16, 11:34 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Angrydad01
    Just a quick update. No contact from car park, no fine. Lesson here is just do not pay.
    • Mackenzie888
    • By Mackenzie888 21st Aug 17, 6:12 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Mackenzie888
    Parking ticket issued Aug 2017- Help/Advice needed!
    Hi,

I was also victim of this DISGRACEFUL and vile parking service. I sent an appeal against our parking ticket, stating the reason for our 10 min delay back to our vehicle (that I am an amputee and struggled to get back on time due to steep cobbled streets). To my horror this ticket was not rescinded and was told I had to pay the £75.

Can anyone tell me whether debt collection (as stated and threatened on the ticket) will occur? And most importantly, do I need to pay this absolute monster?

Thanks in advance guys
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 21st Aug 17, 6:36 PM
    • 7,648 Posts
    • 7,909 Thanks
    pappa golf
    you are tagging onto a thread that was last updated 7 mths ago , and dates back to pre 2012 , please read the newbies thread then start a new thread if you need assistance
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 21st Aug 17, 6:57 PM
    • 2,373 Posts
    • 2,900 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    the newbies thread is found here on the forum start page

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163&order=desc

Ralph
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 21st Aug 17, 8:10 PM
    • 3,844 Posts
    • 5,413 Thanks
    Half_way
    Hi,

I was also victim of this DISGRACEFUL and vile parking service. I sent an appeal against our parking ticket, stating the reason for our 10 min delay back to our vehicle (that I am an amputee and struggled to get back on time due to steep cobbled streets). To my horror this ticket was not rescinded and was told I had to pay the £75.

Can anyone tell me whether debt collection (as stated and threatened on the ticket) will occur? And most importantly, do I need to pay this absolute monster?

Thanks in advance guys
    Originally posted by Mackenzie888
    Short answers:
    (so called) Debt collection - doesnt matter
    and the important question do you have to pay - no, if you feel you have been discriminated against then you may be able to get them to pay you.

Whilst this thread is old, this car park is still an issue.

without going into details, if the chargegate mob ar not members of any trade assocation, you should not make any contact with them what so ever, if you have provided an address/contact then make it known that you have a disability that requires extra time, keep a record of this communication as it may be of use in the future, should you need to put in a counter claim.

if this mob are IPC, then My suggestion would be to read up on the IAS, and if you have been offered an IAS code, use it as long as you understand the limitations of the IAS.
    you could/should even state that you understand that the IAS is not a truly independent appeals service, and fails to meet the requirements of The Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Amendment) Regulations 2015
    If you havent already state you have a disability that required extra time as a reasonable adjustment, and the failiure of the operators of Chargegate car park to meet this is discriminatory

EDIT: It would appear that the mob that infest this car park are not members of any trade association and therefore can not lawfully obtain your data if you are ticketed in this car park keep any ticket filed away for 6 years, and come back if you receive any letter in the post.
    Last edited by Half_way; 09-09-2017 at 11:47 AM.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Angrydad01
    • By Angrydad01 9th Sep 17, 11:28 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Angrydad01
    The bottom line is that all they have is your registration number. The have no right to trace you through this unless they are a member of the trade body and last time I checked they were not. Your private details are just that, private and if they have traced you via your VRN then it raises serious security issues. They ticketed me last year, I just screwed it up and walked off and have never heard from them again. They rely on intimidating the payment out of you.
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 9th Sep 17, 11:49 AM
    • 3,844 Posts
    • 5,413 Thanks
    Half_way
    Post editied - do not contact this lot keep any ticket attached to your vehicle for 6 years, see post #447 the bit in bold
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 11th Sep 17, 9:25 AM
    • 806 Posts
    • 604 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    They rely on intimidating the payment out of you.
    Originally posted by Angrydad01

100% correct...they rely on pouncing on you as you return to your vehicle and demanding payment there and then.

IF they don't get payment before you leave, they have no way of legally finding out who you are.

SO advice is ...walk past the muppets, get in your car and drive off!!!

ps..if I ever go to Howarth I will be deliberately parking in their car park and breaking as many of their 'rules' as possible!!!
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
    • Terlizzard
    • By Terlizzard 8th Nov 17, 10:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Terlizzard
    Have you received a writ from Ted Evans (Edward Roger Evans).
    I am researching if anyone has received a writ from Edward Roger Evans (Ted Evans) who along with Lillian Evans, claim ownership of the car park (now known as Central Car Park or North Street Car Park). The courts apparently do not keep a register and yet numerous people have received substantial demands and or writs for libel etc according to information from local political figures.

One libel case recently reached the Royal Courts of Justice in London and is recorded as having been Struck Out costing Mr Evans all the substantial costs of the defendant. Mr Evans has a favoured court in Leeds. Any relevant information appreciated on the Leeds court, the magistrates or judges, writs or any anything else will be much appreciated.

Think very carefully before you write anything on this thread. A support group is being formed.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Nov 17, 12:03 AM
    • 51,537 Posts
    • 65,144 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Have you told the Parking Prankster about this?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/changegate-car-park-haworth-revisited.html
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Terlizzard
    • By Terlizzard 9th Nov 17, 3:13 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Terlizzard
    Thank you. I will make contact. So far a number if people have responded elsewhere. The more iinformation gathered the better.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,888Posts Today

7,487Users online

Martin's Twitter