Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    zany1977
    WARNING Avoid Changegate Car Park, Haworth. Notorious for Clamping
    • 15th Apr 09, 9:25 PM
    WARNING Avoid Changegate Car Park, Haworth. Notorious for Clamping 15th Apr 09 at 9:25 PM
    This is a warning about the UK's most notorious car park, run by Car Stoppers in Haworth, W. Yorkshire.

The company has a well documented reputation for clamping for a wide range of trivial and ridiculous reasons and charging disproportionately excessive fines. Their agressive working methods are widely reported by the local media. After clamping Betty Boothroyd, last October (for displaying her ticket the wrong way round), their activities are currently being discussed by MP's.

After falling foul of their clamping methods last week, my mum and I staged a day's protest on Bank Holiday Monday, leafleting unsuspecting car park users to warn them about the risks. We received a huge amount of gratitude and support from local residents and traders as well as car park users, many of whom decided to park elsewhere.

So, if you are planning to visit Haworth, I would suggest you give this car park a wide berth and head for one of several council owned car parks in the town.

Thanks, Zany
Page 22
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Aug 16, 6:11 PM
    • 40,383 Posts
    • 52,275 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Sure: hxxp://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=339hz0n&s=9#.V8MZ5PkrJD8

Feel free to post for others so they can see it too
    Originally posted by waldopepper
    Thanks, here we go - the HAWORTH CAR PARK TO AVOID:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=339hz0n&s=9#.V8MbPZgrLIV

I'm not seeing any contractual terms, charges etc.

PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• waldopepper
    • By waldopepper 18th Oct 16, 5:21 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    waldopepper
    This is just one of the signs as you drive in, there are more detailed ones with terms, charges etc. (now amended with new car park name)

hxxp://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v0h8u8&s=9#.WAZLWvkrJD8
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 18th Oct 16, 5:26 PM
    • 40,383 Posts
    • 52,275 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Can't read the red bit about 'penalties at all:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v0h8u8&s=9#.WAZMvOArLIV

Local people should write to the Government about this godforsaken car park. This sort of thing should be illegal but we know there was nothing done at a local level even when the 'family' tag team there used to clamp cars and hold them to ransom.

Our current campaign is here (below) although any complaint letter about this place would have to be specially written as they aren't in the BPA or IPC so we can't blame a Trade Body, POPLA or the POFA for this protection racket:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754&page=6

I wonder, do they block people in and demand the 'penalty' in cash? Blocking-in being as illegal as clamping is.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 18-10-2016 at 5:29 PM.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• Angrydad01
    • By Angrydad01 26th Oct 16, 11:52 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Angrydad01
    I got a ticket in this car park yesterday for parking outside the white lines. The car park surface resembled a building site and the white lines looked rather arbitrary. The attended demanded £60 on our return. I was not pleased and refused to pay and left. I then suddenly thought how could he trace me based on just my VRN. I work in law enforcement and can not trace people in this way without jumping through several complex legal hoops and I am part of DEFRA! I checked on line today and the company who issued the ticket - Bridgenorth Parking Services (T Farnell PO Box 730 HX11AA) are not part of a licensed scheme and have no access to the DVLA records. If they do trace me then they will have committed an offence! Any one know of a reason why I shouldn't just through the ticket away and forget it?
    Last edited by Angrydad01; 26-10-2016 at 11:57 AM.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 26th Oct 16, 11:55 AM
    • 4,113 Posts
    • 4,720 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I got a ticket in this car park yesterday for parking outside the white lines. The car park surface resembled a building site and the white lines looked rather arbitrary. The attended demanded £60 on our return. I was not pleased and refused to pay and left. I then suddenly thought how could he trace me based on just my VRN. I work in law enforcement and can not trace people in this way without jumping through several complex legal hoops and I am part of DEFRA! I checked on line today and the company who issued the ticket - Bridgenorth Parking Services (T Farnell PO Box 730 HX11AA) are not part of a licensed scheme and have no access to the DVLA records. If they do trace me then they will have committed an offence! Any one no of a reason why I shouldn't just through the ticket away and forget it?
    Originally posted by Angrydad01
    Hi, please start your own new thread for help
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 26th Oct 16, 12:01 PM
    • 10,967 Posts
    • 16,365 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    They shouldn't be able to access your details unless they are an AOS member of either the BPA or the IPC. Check them out via these links:

http://www.britishparking.co.uk/BPA-Approved-Operators

http://www.theipc.info/aos-members

A car park owner could also access your data via the DVLA.

Whilst the temptation may be to bin the paperwork, forum advice is that any documentation anyone receives which suggests a debt is owed, should be retained safely for six years (the statutory time limit for an alleged debt to be pursued through the court).
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Angrydad01
    • By Angrydad01 26th Oct 16, 12:25 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Angrydad01
    A car park owner could also access your data via the DVLA

How would I find the car park owner? If I was to email the address on the ticket could they trace me through this legally?
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 26th Oct 16, 12:29 PM
    • 24,257 Posts
    • 29,911 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    As said above start your own thread please, your details will get lost in with all the other posts and you may not get the correct advice.
    Millies due back at Christmas.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 26th Oct 16, 12:30 PM
    • 5,354 Posts
    • 4,885 Thanks
    pappa golf
    I got a ticket in this car park yesterday for parking outside the white lines. The car park surface resembled a building site and the white lines looked rather arbitrary. The attended demanded £60 on our return. I was not pleased and refused to pay and left. I then suddenly thought how could he trace me based on just my VRN. I work in law enforcement and can not trace people in this way without jumping through several complex legal hoops and I am part of DEFRA! I checked on line today and the company who issued the ticket - Bridgenorth Parking Services (T Farnell PO Box 730 HX11AA) are not part of a licensed scheme and have no access to the DVLA records. If they do trace me then they will have committed an offence! Any one know of a reason why I shouldn't just through the ticket away and forget it?

well , you obviously know about recognised ATAs and parking Co,s getting info from the PPC , please look at this , http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/changegate-car-park-haworth-revisited.html
    If you receive any communication from this lot , it needs following up with the DVLA

the LANDOWNER can indeed ask the DVLA , but not Mr farnell acting as a parking Co , and indeed the landowner can initiate charges , not Mr Farnell! trespass is a very small worry
    Last edited by pappa golf; 26-10-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 26th Oct 16, 12:38 PM
    • 10,967 Posts
    • 16,365 Thanks
    Umkomaas

How would I find the car park owner? If I was to email the address on the ticket could they trace me through this legally?
    I wouldn't get involved in that. Why on earth would you want to contact them?
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 26th Oct 16, 2:14 PM
    • 40,383 Posts
    • 52,275 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

DO NOT CONTACT THEM AT ALL. Nothing will happen, it is that simple at this car park.

• Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 26th Oct 16, 2:57 PM
    • 728 Posts
    • 541 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    DO NOT CONTACT THEM AT ALL. Nothing will happen, it is that simple at this car park.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I so want to get an advertising trailer and put the above advice on it, and then park it just beside their car park!!!!

Wonder if I could get it crowd funded?? lol
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
    • waldopepper
    • By waldopepper 30th Oct 16, 11:15 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    waldopepper
    I so want to get an advertising trailer and put the above advice on it, and then park it just beside their car park!!!!

Wonder if I could get it crowd funded?? lol
    Originally posted by Computersaysno
    Nice idea, unfortunately parking is not abundant in Haworth, which is why people have to use this car park in the first place! I don't think you can park anywhere within sight of it unless you're a resident.
    • waldopepper
    • By waldopepper 30th Oct 16, 11:28 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    waldopepper
    Thanks for posting here, I'm glad you didn't start your own thread because we can add this new information to the rest.

So Halifax Parking Services is no more after being forcibly closed by HMRC, instead it sounds like they have created Bridgenorth Parking Services to issue tickets. I can't find this on Companies House yet, do people only submit info there when taxes are due?

Does it say pay a cheque payable to the company name, or a persons name (Tony Farnell or Ted Evans)?

I thought the previous company had been removed from the membership where they can lookup DVLA records due to complaints, or had they just never been a part of it in the first place (cost)?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 30th Oct 16, 11:32 AM
    • 5,354 Posts
    • 4,885 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Thanks for posting here, I'm glad you didn't start your own thread because we can add this new information to the rest.

So Halifax Parking Services is no more after being forcibly closed by HMRC, instead it sounds like they have created Bridgenorth Parking Services to issue tickets. I can't find this on Companies House yet, do people only submit info there when taxes are due?

Does it say pay a cheque payable to the company name, or a persons name (Tony Farnell or Ted Evans)?

I thought the previous company had been removed from the membership where they can lookup DVLA records due to complaints, or had they just never been a part of it in the first place (cost)?

correct , ,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 31st Oct 16, 10:33 AM
    • 728 Posts
    • 541 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    Nice idea, unfortunately parking is not abundant in Haworth, which is why people have to use this car park in the first place! I don't think you can park anywhere within sight of it unless you're a resident.

How about I just park it on their car park land?? They can then invoice me....and I shall of course be happy to consider paying them!!!!!!
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 31st Oct 16, 10:35 AM
    • 728 Posts
    • 541 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    We should do an info sheet telling people the facts [ignore them, do not pay the muppet that threatens you in the car park when you return to your car, etc]...and then distribute to the local shops for them to give to visitors....

I know many of the shops hate the car park scammers....it drives away repeat visitors etc,,,
    • Angrydad01
    • By Angrydad01 2nd Nov 16, 9:07 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Angrydad01
    The info says make cheques out to T Farnell and post to a PO box in Halifax.
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 2nd Nov 16, 10:32 AM
    • 728 Posts
    • 541 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    You can easily find out the true address behind a PO box....
    • Castle
    • By Castle 2nd Nov 16, 10:45 AM
    • 1,061 Posts
    • 1,316 Thanks
    Castle
    A company doesn't exist until it's legally incorporated and receives its Certificate of incorporation from Companies House. If it's not shown at companies house, then it's not a company.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,050Posts Today

8,093Users online

Martin's Twitter