Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Page 1
    • magoogy
    • By magoogy 12th Apr 09, 7:05 PM
    • 2,868 Posts
    • 1,623 Thanks
    • 12th Apr 09, 7:05 PM
    • 12th Apr 09, 7:05 PM
    im afraid i had this problem last year with my daughter...she did her course at bradford college...we found she wasnt entitled to anything but, because she was 19 she could apply for the adult learners grant of £30 a week which she got....she also applied to the college for help with travel costs and they funded her a bus pass for the full terms travel....also, any costs like exam costs was fully funded and she also put in for a small grant through the college to help her pay for the items needed for the course - she was awarded £75 and told she could apply again if needed, but, luckily she has managed on that...

the reason you cant get anything is because foundation courses dont warrant funding...

good luck...
  • weez.
    • 12th Apr 09, 7:21 PM
    • 12th Apr 09, 7:21 PM

i've already applied for funding for travel, and will definitely consider putting in for a grant!
  • Oldernotwiser
    • 12th Apr 09, 7:33 PM
    • 12th Apr 09, 7:33 PM
    Some colleges offer the option of doing the Art Foundation Course as Year 0 of a degree course, making it four years and bringing it under the higher education funding umbrella for all four years.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,804Posts Today

8,779Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The news on the labour party is quite incredible. There are more divisions than a GCSE maths paper. How can it survive like this?

• Technology fail totally nullifying an interogatory interview on @Channel4News not easy to haul someone over the coals when they can't hear u

• Just home after GMB, This Morning, filming for my show, student loan fightback (internal) meeting, ideal home speech and TV roadshow!

• Follow Martin