Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Phones & TV > How to change back to BT line rental from TalkTal... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
How to change back to BT line rental from TalkTalk?
Closed Thread
Views: 1,635
# 1
paddytt
Old 05-03-2006, 1:04 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default How to change back to BT line rental from TalkTalk?

Hello Moneysavers!

Regrettably, before I discovered MSE, I changed our phone line rental from BT to TalkTalk..... (we were already on their Talk240 plan). We are now 1 per month worse off with Caller Display included, and we can't use any alternative call suppliers like Primus.

Now I want to change back just the line rental to BT - but can't find any way to do it online. Can anyone help? USwitch can't do it.....

thanks!

TT
# 2
Heinz
Old 05-03-2006, 1:13 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

0800 800 150 - just tell BT you want to switch back to them, no need to mention your intentions re CPS or 1899 etc.
Much of the advice on residential telephony I have given over the past 9 years or so is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
I will continue to help with Orchid programming whenever possible.
# 3
utilitybroker
Old 05-03-2006, 2:43 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quickest way to sign up with BT is call 0808 100 5152. and have your TT telephone account number ready when you call
# 4
bbb_uk
Old 05-03-2006, 3:11 PM

I believe though that you can't just transfer line rental back to BT and in fact both calls and linerental will be moved back to BT. You would then have to have your calls only moved to the teleco of your choice.
# 5
pricefighter
Old 05-03-2006, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb_uk
I believe though that you can't just transfer line rental back to BT and in fact both calls and linerental will be moved back to BT. You would then have to have your calls only moved to the teleco of your choice.
Yes you would have move both your line rental and calls back to BT. Then you could CPS your calls to Primus an use 1899 etc.
PF.
# 6
topherxp
Old 05-03-2006, 6:01 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

if you call 0800 800 829, the number is for the BT Customer Options Team, who deal with orders to bring you back from a different telco.

Should save you some queuing and transferring.
If saved 2710 and only spent the interest (Based on a return of 5%), you would have enough money to pay your TV Licence every year. Saving you 7452.50 over a period of 55 years, based on you buying a license from the age of 20 until your 75 at a cost of 135.50.
# 7
paddytt
Old 05-03-2006, 7:22 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb_uk
That's OK - BUT we also have a TalkTalk mobile (for the free calls to home and friends!) which is linked to the main TT account. If we transfer, does the account get closed and the TT Mobile along with it?

thanks

TT
# 8
paddytt
Old 10-03-2006, 9:05 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Just changed our telephone service back to BT from TalkTalk - no response to 5 phone calls and at least 6 emails. No response at all. It's not been a week.

In the same time, I have had 3 email from BT, very polite and helpful, they are on with the change. Hopefully more efficiently that TalkTalk!

paddytt
# 9
Hemel David
Old 11-03-2006, 6:26 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

hello

im glad we found this thread

we were with tele2 , now we have had a letter telling us were now with talk talk and soon we`ll be paying our line rental to talk talk
???

how is this possible , all weve wanted is a cheap calls people to use whats all this about leaving BT i dont want to leave BT !

Has anyone been in the same boat and can offer some advice of what course of action to take , our go live date is 17th march !

Thanks
# 10
pricefighter
Old 11-03-2006, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemel David
hello

im glad we found this thread

we were with tele2 , now we have had a letter telling us were now with talk talk and soon we`ll be paying our line rental to talk talk
???

how is this possible , all weve wanted is a cheap calls people to use whats all this about leaving BT i dont want to leave BT !

Has anyone been in the same boat and can offer some advice of what course of action to take , our go live date is 17th march !

Thanks
Are you sure their not just moving your calls from Tele2 to TT. They cant move your line rental to them unless you have agreed to do this.
PF.
# 11
Hemel David
Old 11-03-2006, 6:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricefighter
Are you sure their not just moving your calls from Tele2 to TT. They cant move your line rental to them unless you have agreed to do this.

Hi

I thought this but in my leter from them it states

"Talk Talk Plus will soon include line rental from Talk Talk . We will let you know in advance when you can expect to be transferred to this service"

!!!!!! SOD OFF :confused:

I dont want to be `transferred` specially without my permission , i think it takes the mick , happliy going along paying tele2 little bills here and there and BT my line rental and this happens

I know people will say well ring them then , i will but i wanted advice on what i can do with my phone `situation` now and can anyone recommend where to go now ?
# 12
utilitybroker
Old 11-03-2006, 6:59 PM

They cant move you without your agreement.They are trying it on!!!

Have a read of this very useful post here on how to make savings and stay with BT.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...74&postcount=4
The Following User Says Thank You to utilitybroker For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
Hemel David
Old 11-03-2006, 7:19 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by utilitybroker
They cant move you without your agreement.They are trying it on!!!

Have a read of this very useful post here on how to make savings and stay with BT.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...74&postcount=4

im reading it now

thanks very much
Closed Thread