Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • adam2484
    • 5th Apr 09, 2:00 PM
    • 5th Apr 09, 2:00 PM
    their in the fsa register but when i tried to get a quote the pages wern't secure - all others i know of usually have the ssl sign.

also if their on confused.com then you should be okay too.
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 5th Apr 09, 2:04 PM
    • 19,033 Posts
    • 11,719 Thanks
    dacouch
    • 5th Apr 09, 2:04 PM
    • 5th Apr 09, 2:04 PM
    They are a broker / intermediary so it would depend on which Insurer they have quoted you with.

Do you know which Insurer the cover will be with?
  • simmo52
    • 5th Apr 09, 8:44 PM
    • 5th Apr 09, 8:44 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Dacouch, you are quite right. I've done a bit more research and they are a broker.

The insurer they have lined up is Axa, so a big company. I was just a bit concerned that Homeinsurer's website was so basic and that I couldn't find anything about them on Google.

Fingers crossed it will be ok. I guess cheapest isn't always best when it comes to things like insurance...
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 5th Apr 09, 8:48 PM
    • 19,033 Posts
    • 11,719 Thanks
    dacouch
    • 5th Apr 09, 8:48 PM
    • 5th Apr 09, 8:48 PM
    Axa are a very big company but there claims services and customer services can be had work.

You might find this survey helpful...

http://www.instimes.co.uk/story.asp?storyCode=376295
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,986Posts Today

7,275Users online

Martin's Twitter