IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

  • Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

    Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

  • No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
ALPF - PPI Claim Success.
Reply
Views: 8,847
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
# 1
amyjade
Old 30-03-2009, 8:39 AM
MoneySaving Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1
Default ALPF - PPI Claim Success.

Hi Just wanted to let people know, I have successfully claimed my ppi back on a ALPF LOan.

I took the loan out on line in april 2005 for 9,200.00. It finished in march 2009.

We wrote to ALPF in Febuary 09 to start the claim.
Within 2 weeks we had an offer letter of 1,768.00. All clearly laid out showing how much PPI i had paid, and the interest they were paying back aswell.

Sent back the form saying i would accept there offer.

Now just waiting for the cheque, But im sure they will make me wait the full 28 days before receieving.

Was expecting a real fight, but it was so easy.

Hav since sent claim letters to HSBC Loan, Nationwide Loan & Cahoot.
HSBC & Cahoot have responded with standard ' we are looking in to this and will reply within 8 weeks'.

Nationwide sent a 4 page letter saying 'NO'.

Unfortunately for them my husband is a lawyer, and doesnt like people saying no. So now he is determined they will pay!?!?!

Any way, Thank you too all the people that post on here, it really inspired us to start looking in to our finances.
amyjade is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to amyjade For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
maxdp
Old 30-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjade View Post
Hi Just wanted to let people know, I have successfully claimed my ppi back on a ALPF LOan.

I took the loan out on line in april 2005 for 9,200.00. It finished in march 2009.

We wrote to ALPF in Febuary 09 to start the claim.
Within 2 weeks we had an offer letter of 1,768.00. All clearly laid out showing how much PPI i had paid, and the interest they were paying back aswell.

Sent back the form saying i would accept there offer.

Now just waiting for the cheque, But im sure they will make me wait the full 28 days before receieving.

Was expecting a real fight, but it was so easy.

Hav since sent claim letters to HSBC Loan, Nationwide Loan & Cahoot.
HSBC & Cahoot have responded with standard ' we are looking in to this and will reply within 8 weeks'.

Nationwide sent a 4 page letter saying 'NO'.

Unfortunately for them my husband is a lawyer, and doesnt like people saying no. So now he is determined they will pay!?!?!

Any way, Thank you too all the people that post on here, it really inspired us to start looking in to our finances.
Hi There. Well done to you. Just check the figures of the settlement especially if they have ussed terms like Goodwill Gesture.

Well Done.
maxdp is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to maxdp For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
di3004
Old 30-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South Wales (Gwent)
Posts: 42,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyjade View Post
Hi Just wanted to let people know, I have successfully claimed my ppi back on a ALPF LOan.

I took the loan out on line in april 2005 for 9,200.00. It finished in march 2009.

We wrote to ALPF in Febuary 09 to start the claim.
Within 2 weeks we had an offer letter of 1,768.00. All clearly laid out showing how much PPI i had paid, and the interest they were paying back aswell.

Sent back the form saying i would accept there offer.

Now just waiting for the cheque, But im sure they will make me wait the full 28 days before receieving.

Was expecting a real fight, but it was so easy.

Hav since sent claim letters to HSBC Loan, Nationwide Loan & Cahoot.
HSBC & Cahoot have responded with standard ' we are looking in to this and will reply within 8 weeks'.

Nationwide sent a 4 page letter saying 'NO'.

Unfortunately for them my husband is a lawyer, and doesnt like people saying no. So now he is determined they will pay!?!?!

Any way, Thank you too all the people that post on here, it really inspired us to start looking in to our finances.

Great work, well done, "onwards and upwards"


Di
X
The one and only "Dizzy Di"
di3004 is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 4
pautsch
Old 08-05-2013, 8:37 PM
MoneySaving Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
Smile alpf ppi claim

hiya is anybody able to give me the address of where i would send my claim form to for ALPF ltd please and thank you
pautsch is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 5
Moneyineptitude
Old 08-05-2013, 8:59 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 13,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pautsch View Post
hiya is anybody able to give me the address of where i would send my claim form to for ALPF ltd please and thank you
Since the OP of this thread hasn't logged on since April 2009, I doubt you'll be getting any answer from her!
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/member.php?u=701451
Moneyineptitude is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 6
Alexander.fenty
Old 08-05-2013, 9:06 PM
MoneySaving Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
Default

I want to thank martin Lewis, cos his website spurred me to put in claims for PPI
wasn't even sure I had, I did this using the templates on the site never using a firm which would take 20%. To date I have received £2500 from rbs and today in by bank account arrived £7568 from barclaycard visa and I'm not finished I'm awaiting to hear on 4 other claims, so I'm very very happy I got a new (albeit second hand) car and a new kitchen goes in at the end of the month so Thankyou very very much Martin. Xxxx Lisa xxx

Last edited by Alexander.fenty; 08-05-2013 at 9:08 PM. Reason: Spelling sorry
Alexander.fenty is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 7
pautsch
Old 08-05-2013, 9:08 PM
MoneySaving Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2
Default

could anyone help as to were i can get an address from ALPF ltd

thank you
pautsch is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 8
Moneyineptitude
Old 08-05-2013, 9:12 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 13,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pautsch View Post
could anyone help as to were i can get an address from ALPF ltd
Google?
http://www.192.com/atoz/business/lei...e59688fd/comp/
Moneyineptitude is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Moneyineptitude For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
amersall
Old 08-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 15,849
Default

Think it is Santander now.

amersall is offline
Reply With Quote Report Post
Reply

Bookmarks
 
 




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 Forum Jump  

Contact Us - MoneySavingExpert.com - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All times are GMT. The time now is 4:06 AM.

 Forum Jump  

Free MoneySaving Email

Top deals: Week of 29 October 2014

Get all this & more in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email full of guides, vouchers and Deals

GET THIS FREE WEEKLY EMAIL Full of deals, guides & it's spam free

Latest News & Blogs

Martin's Twitter Feed

profile

Cheap Travel Money

Find the best online rate for holiday cash with MSE's TravelMoneyMax.

Find the best online rate for your holiday cash with MoneySavingExpert's TravelMoneyMax.

TuneChecker Top Albums

  • VARIOUS ARTISTSBBC RADIO 1'S LIVE LOUNGE 2014
  • TAYLOR SWIFT1989 (DELUXE)
  • ED SHEERANX (DELUXE EDITION)

MSE's Twitter Feed

profile
Always remember anyone can post on the MSE forums, so it can be very different from our opinion.
We use Skimlinks and other affiliated links in some of our boards, for some of our users.